Ask a Subaru Dealer - Page 12
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ask a Subaru Dealer within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by rexxx0486 I hear ya man, it is a little silly that they build and advertise the cars ...

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    I hear ya man, it is a little silly that they build and advertise the cars as track ready, even going so far as to put summer performance tires on the newer models to get better grip on the skidpad in magazine tests, and then they tell you not to put it on the track at all or mod it. I wish I had a solid answer for you on this, but its kind of a gray area in my experience... I mean I can totally understand why people are scared to mod their car, and officially on paper you aren't allowed to, but I really don't see dealers giving people a hard time in the real world as long as were talking about some light bolt ons and a cobb tune, basically up to stage 2... At the end of the day the dealer gets paid to do the work, so we want to honor everyone's warranty that we can. Of course there is a fine line of what your going to get away with vs what you won't, but I've really never heard of a dealer actually interrogating a customer about if they have ever done an autocross with the car or anything like that. Of course I'm sure we can all understand why SOA doesn't want you monkeying around under the hood not knowing what you're doing and then coming for warranty work after your ebay turbo goes bad. We can all understand why they don't want you on the racetrack pushing the limits with your car on sunday and at the dealer for resulting repairs on monday, abuse is abuse. Anyone who has ever raced knows that it's just a matter of time before you break something. But spirited driving/ autocross is different, the car is made for that if you ask me... Cobb tunes are different, they improve the car and are pretty much foolproof to install correctly. I think they should allow autocross personally since you could reach those speeds on public roads anyway and runs are short. I also think they should allow stage 2 mods by certain reputable companies like cobb and perrin. Unfortunately that's not going to happen anytime soon and I doubt subaru is interested in partnering with cobb or perrin etc considering that they already sell their own SPT stuff. At the end of the day this has a good deal to do with the mentality of the service manager at the dealership in question. At my dealership for instance more than half the employees drive modded cars, and the manager is a 'vette freak who loves hot rods, modded muscle cars, etc. so we are pretty cool about this stuff, but at some other places they might be the stick in the mud types. All I can say is unless your car is heavily modded or you're acting like a **** to the service staff, your chances of having an issue with warranty are slim to none. It will certainly help if you are a loyal customer to that service dept and have a good relationship with them, that is one thing I must stress. Anyway even if you do get declined by that one rare dealer who is a hard ass, there are always more subaru dealers and someone is most likely gonna squeak you through. If all else fails call me up and I'll see if I can help you.
    May the car gods bless you with many car sales this year. Thanks for your response. Clayton could you make sure when you get my car that you do not put those dealership advertising stickies on the back. It's a big pet peeve of mine. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello Clayton,

I am in the market for a new car because my 03 Accord V-6 Transmission gave up on me after 210k Miles. I was looking into an Used 2011+ WRX/STi. From your own personal Salesman experience, do you recommend me to fix my transmission for a better trade-in-value? Do salesman accept trade-ins for cars such as my condition? I'm certain my car at it's milage wouldn't give me much value for a trade in, but fixing the transmission for parts and labor would cost roughly $1,500.00. Finding this is the best opportunity to finally pull the gun in getting my own Subaru, I would appreciate your input.

I also wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience with us and also helping many East Coast users in getting a WRX. I only wish someone from the West Coast would also take an initiative such as yours.

Re: Ask a Subaru Dealer

My Civic's tranny also died. Mistu and Mazda would give me less than $1000 for it. Depending on where on the West Coast you are, I know a guy that can fix your tranny for less than a grand. My Civic is still running today.

Hmmm maybe I should have pm'd that. That sounded shady as F!

Posted from a fone.
    Last edited by UEDan; 01-05-2013 at 02:42 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mega160 View Post
    May the car gods bless you with many car sales this year. Thanks for your response. Clayton could you make sure when you get my car that you do not put those dealership advertising stickies on the back. It's a big pet peeve of mine. Thanks
    Thank you for the kind words and good wishes! As for the stickers, that's no problem. In general I always try to do for all you guys what I would want done with my car. Basically I feel like this: Pulp Fiction - Don't **** with another man's vehicle - YouTube so rest assured if you're getting a car from me nobody will drive it but me, at under 4000 rpm like a grandma for 3 miles from our lot to our dealership. My detail guys know by now not to put the stickers on my sold cars, plus I hook them up with a nice bottle of something here and there and a lot of red bull so they do a good job on my customers cars for me. It will have Ramsey plate frames on it though as you'll need something to keep the temp plate from flying off during spirited driving!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by somedudeinblue View Post
    Hello Clayton,

I am in the market for a new car because my 03 Accord V-6 Transmission gave up on me after 210k Miles. I was looking into an Used 2011+ WRX/STi. From your own personal Salesman experience, do you recommend me to fix my transmission for a better trade-in-value? Do salesman accept trade-ins for cars such as my condition? I'm certain my car at it's milage wouldn't give me much value for a trade in, but fixing the transmission for parts and labor would cost roughly $1,500.00. Finding this is the best opportunity to finally pull the gun in getting my own Subaru, I would appreciate your input.

I also wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience with us and also helping many East Coast users in getting a WRX. I only wish someone from the West Coast would also take an initiative such as yours.
    With a blown trans and 200k+ I doubt a dealer would be interested at any more than 500-1000 bucks unless they were making up the money somewhere else in the deal. If you are short on time, and can afford to do so then just tow it into the dealer, get your 500-1000 and be done. Even if you fix it the extra money spent for the trans would not raise the value of your vehicle enough to be worth the headache if you're trading in at a dealership. If you are short on cash, have the time, and need to squeeze every drop out of this, then try to sell sell it on craigslist and ebay local. Both are free, and perhaps you would get lucky and be able to sell the car to a mechanic or shop for more than trade in price. If that doesn't work I would recommend like UEDan said, look for a better quote on the trans job, and once fixed you could drive a paid off car while trying to sell it for a higher price.... Really though man the value is pretty bottomed out after 200k and no trans... I'd probably do the trade in and get it over with.

not sure if this question is thread appropriate, but since you're a dealer I figured Id ask. Im looking to replace the carpet in my 03 wrx sedan, Id like to do the black 05 carpet. I didnt notice any differences with the interior other than colors and slight changes so I figure it should work. Do you know if it will? And if so, can I order the part through you?

again, sorry if wrong place for this type of question.

I Support ClubWRX
    The carpet in the 02-07 is the same. Only major things that changed were the seats (but not the mounting points) and the dash.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

well good, I have seats and door cards from an 04-05, Id like to get the black carpet too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, sinister is right on as always.

Awesome, so can I order one through you somehow?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    Awesome, so can I order one through you somehow?
    a black carpet? I think I could order it for you for a good price but aren't you in boston?

yeah, and I wont be in jersey anytime soon, I forgot you were in jersey.

Hi rexxx, (haha i just found this thread where i can ask question sorry) (read some of the questions youve answered and wow you are amazing bro!)

Im a new car buyer and I just wanted to ask, im planning to finance a 2013 swp hatch wrx limited for 5yrs. I check the invoice for it on kbb and nada with options: exhaust finisher, vortex gen, side molding, security shock, all weath mats, illuminator lights int., back seat cup holder, auto dims rear mirror with comp, rear cargo neat, cargo tray, and wheal locks. This all comes out to $ 29,259 before tax and fees. I am also in the tristate area, willing to shop any where in nj, boston, up to phili and i am planning to order. So my questions are..:

when is the cut of date to order?
    Do i put down a down payment when i receive the car or when i finish negotiating with a dealer before he orders?($8,000 down)
    how can i get the best and lowest price (i know dealers have to make money as well but i dont want to get ripped off)?
    how much would taxes and fees be in NJ (i really dont want to buy it in the tristate)?
    and Can i pay more for the monthly then regularly stated (example. $500/mo but i pay $600/mo)?
    honestly, i dont care about the wait, its just mostly finance/money questions.

im turning 25 by oct and graduating as a nursing student by dec 2013 (no boasting intended) so paying for it is not an issue. thanks for the help i really appreciate it and again, really sorry for this many question. I am a newb at car buyer and a newb for WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by c2itutis View Post
    Hi rexxx, (haha i just found this thread where i can ask question sorry) (read some of the questions youve answered and wow you are amazing bro!)

Im a new car buyer and I just wanted to ask, im planning to finance a 2013 swp hatch wrx limited for 5yrs. I check the invoice for it on kbb and nada with options: exhaust finisher, vortex gen, side molding, security shock, all weath mats, illuminator lights int., back seat cup holder, auto dims rear mirror with comp, rear cargo neat, cargo tray, and wheal locks. This all comes out to $ 29,259 before tax and fees. I am also in the tristate area, willing to shop any where in nj, boston, up to phili and i am planning to order. So my questions are..:

when is the cut of date to order?
    Do i put down a down payment when i receive the car or when i finish negotiating with a dealer before he orders?($8,000 down)
    how can i get the best and lowest price (i know dealers have to make money as well but i dont want to get ripped off)?
    how much would taxes and fees be in NJ (i really dont want to buy it in the tristate)?
    and Can i pay more for the monthly then regularly stated (example. $500/mo but i pay $600/mo)?
    honestly, i dont care about the wait, its just mostly finance/money questions.

im turning 25 by oct and graduating as a nursing student by dec 2013 (no boasting intended) so paying for it is not an issue. thanks for the help i really appreciate it and again, really sorry for this many question. I am a newb at car buyer and a newb for WRX
    pm'd

Ask a Subaru Dealer

Good morning. I would like to purchase the SPT boost gauge, but I see a lot of posts about defects. Has this problem been fixed, or should I steer clear? I am trying to keep my warranty in tact. By the way, you are awesome for taking the time to do this!
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!