Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ask a Subaru Dealer

159K views 714 replies 194 participants last post by  TheWolverine 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
As some of you may know I am a Subaru Dealer in North NJ. Quite few people asked if I could answer car buying questions for them so I thought I would put together a thread to help you guys out! Let me know what questions you may have. Lets keep this civil please and please no thread jacking, if you have advice for folks make your own thread, I dont want to be associated with other people's mis-information. So... Go ahead ask away!

#432 ·
question closely related to purchase.
Two weeks in with my new 2016 and I'm planning to purchase extended warranty as I usually do for my cars.
Is it good in the Subaru space to shop around on internet or the prices are fixed? (with Ford I got crazy good deal from a dealer out of state). Is there a best 'moment' to do so during the first 3y/36kmls?
What about the maintenance plans: could that be sold after purchase? I got 2y/24kmls free, but was planning for longer plans.

Thank you in advance

#433 ·
question closely related to purchase.
Two weeks in with my new 2016 and I'm planning to purchase extended warranty as I usually do for my cars.
Is it good in the Subaru space to shop around on internet or the prices are fixed? (with Ford I got crazy good deal from a dealer out of state). Is there a best 'moment' to do so during the first 3y/36kmls?
What about the maintenance plans: could that be sold after purchase? I got 2y/24kmls free, but was planning for longer plans.

Thank you in advance

#436 ·
My dealership can probably sell you this at a nice discount. Shoot me a PM to let me know which plan you want (7/70, 6/80. 5/100 etc)

#437 ·
congrats!

#439 ·
For some of the prices I've seen the used ones go for, especially a hatch, I'd say that's actually a very good price for Premium and decently low mileage.

But you can still get a brand new WRX base model for roughly around that same price...

#444 ·
My advice is to not try to track your car, it is a huge exercise in frustration. There is nothing anyone can do to give you an exact date, nor will it speed things up to constantly look for updates. If you ordered from an SOA dealer (west coast) they can give you a VON. Northeast, southeast, mid atlantic, and new england dealers do not get VONs as far as I know. Be patient, the dealer wants it as bad as you do as they do not get paid until you get your car. A watched pot never boils my friend.

#445 ·
Hi Clayton,
Thanks, for doing this and the purchase program, too!

I've looked at the cars101 pages, Subaru web site and WRX booklet.
I cannot find anything about auto-dimming side view mirrors.
We really like them, on our '14 Forester.
What gives?

#446 ·
Not sure why they did not make it to the WRX, they are really cool. So far only legacy, outback, and forester offer them. I'll bet they will make it to the options list for the 2017 WRX.

#450 ·
First post!!! So far Rexxxx you've been doing an awesome job, been following the thread and need some of your professional input. I live in Northern Cali and just got a quote on a 16 cvt premium wrx with all weather floor mats, auto dim compass/mirror/hmlink cargo tray and center armrest, and including destination and delivery it's $31,548???Does that sound like a good deal??? I know it's close to msrp, but is there any way I can lower it??? What can you tell me so I can lower the price?? It'll be my first time buying. If you was closer I'd definitely save the headache and money and come to you!!!!!!

#451 ·
In my experience, you're pretty much dealing with MSRP or over MSRP in Cali, so unless you want to take a massive road trip I'd say you did ok considering your local market conditions.

#454 ·
I would just do the tweeters and speakers from kicker, and skip the woofer. You can get a better aftermarket woofer that would be reusable/easily resellable down the road instead.

#456 ·
Yes but not the kicker 10" woofer, it's a smaller woofer I believe, 8" maybe? Both sound really good compared to older subarus. I'd say bothi setups with woofers are adequate unless you're trying to piss off your neighbors or frighten rival gangs.

#457 · (Edited)
Hi Clayton,

My '15 WRX has gotten a small (3/8" x 1") scrape on the front air dam below the driver's fog light. All I can figure is that a shopping cart got me in a lot :confused:. The scrape does not seem to be getting bigger and isn't real noticeable but it does bug me. Since it is on plastic at least I don't have to worry about rust! I heard that touch up paint is available through Subaru, but was wondering if it would work on this painted plastic? I know that it isn't going to be as good as a paint shop fix, but is it worth doing -- especially on the plastic, will it stick and not come off (wind, rain, washing...)? The cart is WR Blue in color.

#458 ·
Yes the subaru touch up paint will work fine, although I am a huge fan of DR. Colorchip so I would probably buy that instead.

#459 ·
I have a 2015 WRX with a downpipe and stage 2 tune from a reputable e-tuner. My car has recently started to have cold start smoking, this is NOT condensation, the smoke is thick, white, and has a slight blue hue, it will linger and fill my garage. The car has 5400miles on it. I have scheduled it for service at the dealer where I bought it. My question is, would you guys recommend returning the car entirely to stock before taking it in for service and not say anything to the dealer, or should I be upfront with the dealer right now about what mods it has?

#460 · (Edited)
uhh I am gonna let someone else answer that question ;)
I will say that in the future, if you must mod the car while still in warranty, it is a good idea to put at least 10k on the car before doing so. If you are going to have a manufacturing defect, odds are it will pop up in the first 10k miles in my experience.

#465 ·
Clayton,
Is there a way to find out what the 2017 WRX colors will be, prior to what I was told by SOA, via email, which was "next summer"?

#468 ·
I'd bet we will see lapis blue stick around for next year, but I don't really deal with that kind of stuff I'm just a dealer. Typically the internet knows everything before they even tell the dealers.

#469 ·
What makes you say Lapis will stick around another year?
Did Galaxy last more than one year?
I believe cars101.com states only 1 year for Galaxy. That's my reference anyways?
How many years was Plasma available?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#471 ·
^^That makes sense about keeping / using Lapis because it's used on the Legacy & Outback. I forget that, because I don't see Legacy & OB that color, here. Thanks!

#473 ·
Thanks John,
Glad you found it useful!!! Seems like yesterday that I started this thread, I can't believe how many pages it has grown into!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.