Subaru WRX Forum banner

How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order?

43K views 476 replies 98 participants last post by  luckyone.666 
#1 ·
Just Sitting here wondering how many people still have their WRX's on order. Also how long did the dealer tell you it would take?? I ordered mine mid December and got my VIN today.. SOA told me it'll be here 2/14/12. Anyone else beating their brains out?

#3 ·
Ordered mine last Thursday. No email yet from SOA

#5 · (Edited)
I also ordered mine on monday, ordered a wrx limited. I got an email the next day saying thanks for ordering with an order number so check you email in the spam and stuff. If nothing just call the dealer they will give you one. I called SOA and im expecting it in March. Lady said that was worst case scenario so probably will be about the same for you depending where you are if there are any ports around. Im in florida with a port nearby so hopefully it comes a little sooner.

#12 ·
I emailed the salesman that helped me out and he said that they don't have any order confirmation numbers but that they would call me with the vin around week 7 from the day I ordered. So its just a waiting game. Though if it does take that long I may not need to get winter tires

#18 ·
I just got an email (and a post) from my salesman saying that my car is on a boat so hopefully it should be here hopefully by the end of the month. The question is do I order snow tires or hope the mild winter continues to last.

#23 ·
I wouldn't plan on 3-6 weeks, unless the car is in the dealer pipeline or there is an identical one available in your region. Dealer said the same thing to me, but actual eta is more like 9 weeks.

#22 ·
Ordered 11-17-11 and was told 6-12 weeks. A few weeks ago subaru said it will be around around Feb. 7th and my dealer said within the first 10 days of February some time. It's still not here. Hoping to pick it up today or tomorrow. Tomorrow will be exactly 12 weeks on the dot. I am going crazy! The closer it gets the harder the wait is.

#24 ·
Ordered my WRX on Jan 14, neither I nor the dealer has heard anything since the initial SOA "Thanks and we love ya" email. I'm going to call SOA today to see if they have any more info.

#25 ·
Hearing all of these different stories makes me wonder if different dealers have varying working relations with SOA.

Calvinball, I also ordered mine around Jan 14th and my dealer called me last week and told me that it should be here next thursday, yet you havent even heard back for SOA yet.

I'm just curious as to what the reasons for all these varying experiences are. Anyone know?

#27 ·
Certainly not I! I talked to the dealer at the beginning of last week and he hadn't heard anything. He did pull up something while I was on the phone and said there was no new update, but that he thought we both should be getting an email from SOA after the start of the new month. That hasn't happened so I'm calling SOA myself at lunch.

Crazy that your dealer got an update when mine didn't...and mine is literally a mile down the road from SOA headquarters in Cherry Hill! haha

#29 ·
Hello all, this is my 1st post. I picked up my 12 WRX in January. Didn't order in advance, they happened to have one at the dealer. I traded in a 09 Impreza base 5 speed for it and all I can say is :)

Options:
Auto-Dimming Mirror
Compass
Obsidian Black Pearl Body Side Molding
Obsidian Black Pearl Fog Light Kit
STi Short Throw Shifter 5MT

I look forward to stopping by every once in a while!

#30 ·
Called SOA today, got a customer service rep by the name of Bob. Presto chango, I've got my VIN and a tentative delivery date of March 13th.

:D

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.