Subaru WRX Forum banner

How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order?

43K views 476 replies 98 participants last post by  luckyone.666 
#1 ·
Just Sitting here wondering how many people still have their WRX's on order. Also how long did the dealer tell you it would take?? I ordered mine mid December and got my VIN today.. SOA told me it'll be here 2/14/12. Anyone else beating their brains out?

#290 ·
Where are you located? Between mine being "released to transport" and me actually getting it was 2 weeks & 1 day.

...but I believe the port was only 45 minutes away from the dealership...

#291 ·
Mine is finally in, came in yesterday! :woocow:

It's getting a clearbra today, and possibly some tint before I pick it up. Picking it up tomorrow morning. I'll post some terrible cell phone pics when i get it. :party:

#292 ·
Mine is finally in, came in yesterday! :woocow:

It's getting a clearbra today, and possibly some tint before I pick it up. Picking it up tomorrow morning. I'll post some terrible cell phone pics when i get it. :party:
AWESOME! Congrats!

Now I sit awaiting said horrible pics. :)

#296 ·
So, I dont know how true this is, but yesterday I got a call from a friend from work. His friend is a district manager or something like that from Subaru in the area. John (my friend) asked me how to spell my name, I told him... And his friend pulled up my order and asked if it was the Mike Shaw Subaru here in Northglenn,CO, I told him yes. Johns friend said my car will be shipped out at the end of this month and is expected to be at the dealership by mid May. ???? That doesn't sound right, considering I just ordered it on 4/13. Does it?

#325 ·
Hey, I ordered mine from Shaw the last day that we could order on 4/24. They have no clue though, telling me 8-12 weeks. I just saw that you have an ETA of 3rd week of May. Mine was ordered 11 days after yours and maybe it can make that shipment? What number did you call for SOA? I want to call them to find out.

#299 ·
Called the dealer today. He said it should be here any day now. Told me it's left the port and is on the truck on its way. I live on Cape Cod in MA, I believe the port is in Boston (right?), which is just over an hour away, so I would assume it should be here by now.

Today is exactly 8 weeks from when I placed my order, I was told it would take 6 weeks.

#303 ·
Got the call today, I'm picking it up tomorrow!

Only problem is that instead of installing them at factory/port, they simply sent along the parts for the fog lights. They're gonna try to get them on tomorrow before I pick her up, but I might have to bring it back next week to get them installed (no big deal, it was included on my contract so won't cost me any extra).

Gonna be a loooong day at work tomorrow

#305 ·
3My car got delivered to the dealership today. Ordered in on 3/27, so just a shade under 4 weeks. Hopefully I'll have it by the weekend, but to be honest this is my last week of classes ever, and that is what I am focusing on.

#322 ·
Exactly, that's what I thought, why order a car and wait 2months just to find out I'm not aproved,
What he told me was that once you are aproved your loan is only good for 30days so if the car doesn't get there in time I might have to reapply and I might not get approved again .... Never heard that before... I also never financed a car

#323 ·
Here's the way I've come to understand it over the years: Every time you actually apply for a loan they perform a "hard" credit check on you.

A "soft" inquiry is something such as simply finding out your score through a site or company and has no affect on your score. A "hard" inquiry is to find out the gritty details about you and your finances and it DOES impact your score. The slight impact that it has on your credit report when you get approved for the loan could be enough to get you denied a month later. This is why you aren't able to take out a $10k loan with 100 different companies and go buy a Bugatti Veyron.

As for my loan, I asked them to run it through after I had waited about 4 weeks because I thought I might get denied. As it turned out, I did get denied and had to go back with a co-signer. If your credit is really good and you don't have much debt tied to you, I would wait until your close to getting your car. If it's bad and you think you might need a co-signer, consider doing it sooner.

It's a tough decision. Do it too early and you could screw yourself. Do it when the car is there and if you get denied, you might have to wait a few more days while they run it with a co-signer (if you have one).

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.