How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 5
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Ordered my limited PBP STi sedan on 03/03. Dealership is guessing a May delivery at this point. I went through ...

Ordered my limited PBP STi sedan on 03/03. Dealership is guessing a May delivery at this point.

I went through all the posts in this thread so far and found that 20 or so people have chimed in, 5 have confirmed the actual date delivered (from a new order, not an existing built car), and 6 have given an estimated delivery date.

Of the confirmed dates it seems the average wait right now is 49 days, or 7 weeks.
    Of the estimated dates, it seems that the average ETA given is 68ish days or just under 10 weeks.

So, it seems it's a 7-10 week wait on average when ordering a new WRX/STi, although some lucky folks are getting theirs in about 5 weeks.
    Last edited by Dramlin; 03-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

YES.

You, sir or madam or blue ghost, have taken waiting to the level of SCIENCE.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Yes, it's not a perfect calculation in any way, but it's a decent guesstimate at this point.

I just have to hope mine is in that 5 week range, cause I'm going crazy thinking about this upcoming car.

I hear ya, I'm down to a week and it is interminable.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I'm in SoCal and I ordered mine last Tuesday 2/28. I was told to expect about 8-12 weeks until I can pick it up, and I received my order # and confirmation from SOA on Thursday 3/1.

Nothing special on my order: dark grey base hatchback with fog lights, armrest extension, red illumination, rear cup holder, and homelink mirror - so I'm hoping there's nothing there to delay my wait - I'm going nuts already and I'm only 6 days in!!

I have no news past this.

I know how you feel, I ordered on 2/4. The wait is brutal, they told me the same wait time.

Ordered 2/17. Still nothing no calls on anything called last week. No Von or vin. Hoping for the best summer.

2012 5dr WRX Premium PBP w/ Port installed SPT Exhaust package and Short throw shifter package and Blue Illum kit

Ordered: 3 Jan 2012
    Est Delivery: 5 Mar 2012
    Act Delivery: 29 Feb 2012
    Picked up: 5 Mar 2012

Ordered: 12/21
    Delivered: 3/3/12

Dgm limited hatch with short throw..freaking love it

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyTRB View Post
    2012 5dr WRX Premium PBP w/ Port installed SPT Exhaust package and Short throw shifter package and Blue Illum kit
    Slightly off topic, but how do you like the blue illumination kit with your PBP? Do you wish you had gotten red instead to match the rest of the interior?

Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    Slightly off topic, but how do you like the blue illumination kit with your PBP? Do you wish you had gotten red instead to match the rest of the interior?
    Funny you should ask, my wife and I had that same conversation driving it home last night. We both agreed that a red illum kit would have been too much red for our tastes. The blue in the footwells plays off the red of the dash very well IMO. I'm not a huge red fan though so that might be part of it.

If you love red then you'd probably joygasm with a red illum kit.

I've actually had the red for about 6 months. It's nice, although a bit dim for my taste, but matches the rest of the car perfectly. I've always been curious as to how the blue would look though... I guess I will give it a try once my PBP comes in.

Congrats on your new car.

Thanks!

I imagine the red does match perfectly. My favorite color is blue so I like having it in there, again, just something a bit different. I don't like everything being the same color, I like some accents, or at least a little mix.

Emailed today from SOA. Saying eta is April. Woo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    Ordered my limited PBP STi sedan on 03/03. Dealership is guessing a May delivery at this point.

I went through all the posts in this thread so far and found that 20 or so people have chimed in, 5 have confirmed the actual date delivered (from a new order, not an existing built car), and 6 have given an estimated delivery date.

Of the confirmed dates it seems the average wait right now is 49 days, or 7 weeks.
    Of the estimated dates, it seems that the average ETA given is 68ish days or just under 10 weeks.

So, it seems it's a 7-10 week wait on average when ordering a new WRX/STi, although some lucky folks are getting theirs in about 5 weeks.
    You probably don't want to hear this but I've heard the PBP cars take the longest.