How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 31
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 477

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by ea126405 Minivan=no slouch ----- You must have the "Where is my WRX" fever. Yeah and all the ...

  1. #451
    Registered User hindude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NW Suburbs, Chicago
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    Minivan=no slouch ----- You must have the "Where is my WRX" fever.
    Yeah and all the people I work with are getting sick of hearing about it too lol.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #452
    Registered User hindude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NW Suburbs, Chicago
    Posts
    143
    Just wanted to post an update. My due date has come and gone. I'm very irritated with Subaru's process. No one can give me a straight answer where my car is. I feel like they owe me the location of my car at the very least. All anyone has been telling me is, "oh, it looks like your ETA is 8/6." Thanks for telling me what I already know. Now, where is my car???
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

  4. #453
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    Just wanted to post an update. My due date has come and gone. I'm very irritated with Subaru's process. No one can give me a straight answer where my car is. I feel like they owe me the location of my car at the very least. All anyone has been telling me is, "oh, it looks like your ETA is 8/6." Thanks for telling me what I already know. Now, where is my car???
    Wow, looks like it's gonna be 4 months. Did you put a deposit down? Can you refuse it now and get/order a 2013 instead? It would really suck that but the time you get it, others on the streets is driving a 2013, and yours already consider a year old.

    Sorry man.

  5. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    Wow, looks like it's gonna be 4 months. Did you put a deposit down? Can you refuse it now and get/order a 2013 instead? It would really suck that but the time you get it, others on the streets is driving a 2013, and yours already consider a year old.

    Sorry man.
    Seriously, I would have a talk with the dealer and demand they give you equal pricing on a 13' . 4 months is unacceptable , I'd say I ordered a Subaru right? I didn't order an ultra rare Ferrari that's being built by hand in Italy.

    At this point you'd be taking a car that will be worth at least 1k less than an identical 13' so I'd at least want a juicy deal when it gets in. I think owning the last year run of a popular model is better than the second to last in terms of resale also.

  6. #455
    Registered User etnpnys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    Wow, looks like it's gonna be 4 months. Did you put a deposit down? Can you refuse it now and get/order a 2013 instead? It would really suck that but the time you get it, others on the streets is driving a 2013, and yours already consider a year old.

    Sorry man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Seriously, I would have a talk with the dealer and demand they give you equal pricing on a 13' . 4 months is unacceptable , I'd say I ordered a Subaru right? I didn't order an ultra rare Ferrari that's being built by hand in Italy.

    At this point you'd be taking a car that will be worth at least 1k less than an identical 13' so I'd at least want a juicy deal when it gets in. I think owning the last year run of a popular model is better than the second to last in terms of resale also.
    The upside to all of this is that your mileage will be relatively lower than the rest of the 2012 MYs when you go to resell it... Just sayin.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

  7. #456
    Registered User hindude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NW Suburbs, Chicago
    Posts
    143
    So I just got some information that threw a wrench into my situation. I've been in contact with SoA all day speaking to I don't know how many people. Finally got a direct number to one of the higher-up's over there. The dealership apparently has no idea where my car is. Also, I had my insurance set to start yesterday so I had to explain this whole mess to them. I guess they didn't believe me when I told them that Subaru doesn't know where the car is because they had to call the dealer and speak to someone over there themselves.

    Here's the wrench. I called another dealer and asked them what the word on the 2013's is. Apparently they are taking orders on them starting Aug 15th! I know I don't want a 2013 if it is a new generation. You can think what you will, but I want that same 2.5l engine that people have been doing things to, to find out what works and what doesn't work. The dealer said that they should have specs on the 2013 on the 15th as well.

    While I am not planning on selling the WRX when I get it (if I ever do get it, at this point) I think I might feel a little salty, if I got my "new" 2012 only to see people with their 2013's 2 months later. If my deal on the 2012 wasn't so good, I'd probably drop the order and wait for a 2013.





    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    The upside to all of this is that your mileage will be relatively lower than the rest of the 2012 MYs when you go to resell it... Just sayin.
    haha, I drive 70 miles a day so mines gonna have a crap load of miles either way.


    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    Wow, looks like it's gonna be 4 months. Did you put a deposit down? Can you refuse it now and get/order a 2013 instead? It would really suck that but the time you get it, others on the streets is driving a 2013, and yours already consider a year old.

    Sorry man.

    Yeah, I put the 500 down to hold it, but I can always refuse it and get my 500 back.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

  8. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    So I just got some information that threw a wrench into my situation. I've been in contact with SoA all day speaking to I don't know how many people. Finally got a direct number to one of the higher-up's over there. The dealership apparently has no idea where my car is. Also, I had my insurance set to start yesterday so I had to explain this whole mess to them. I guess they didn't believe me when I told them that Subaru doesn't know where the car is because they had to call the dealer and speak to someone over there themselves.

    Here's the wrench. I called another dealer and asked them what the word on the 2013's is. Apparently they are taking orders on them starting Aug 15th! I know I don't want a 2013 if it is a new generation. You can think what you will, but I want that same 2.5l engine that people have been doing things to, to find out what works and what doesn't work. The dealer said that they should have specs on the 2013 on the 15th as well.

    While I am not planning on selling the WRX when I get it (if I ever do get it, at this point) I think I might feel a little salty, if I got my "new" 2012 only to see people with their 2013's 2 months later. If my deal on the 2012 wasn't so good, I'd probably drop the order and wait for a 2013.







    haha, I drive 70 miles a day so mines gonna have a crap load of miles either way.





    Yeah, I put the 500 down to hold it, but I can always refuse it and get my 500 back.
    It has been 100% confirmed that the 13' will be identical to the 12' the only difference I saw was they are no longer going to have a Red one. Subaru Canada announced it as well as Motortrend and Car and Driver in their august issues.

    I think of it this way, your car will only be new once, your "new car" will be last years model 2months after you buy it. I'd wait or else I'd for sure regret it down the road.

    You've waited this long right? You got screwed, so turn it into a positive and be one of the first to have a 13'

  9. #458
    Registered User squiRe2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northeast, PA
    Posts
    162
    I put in a pre order for a 2013 the end of June . Clayton just said my order went into the system yesterday. Maybe I'll be one of the first ones to get a 2013

    Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

    -Paul

  10. #459
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    It has been 100% confirmed that the 13' will be identical to the 12' the only difference I saw was they are no longer going to have a Red one. Subaru Canada announced it as well as Motortrend and Car and Driver in their august issues.

    I think of it this way, your car will only be new once, your "new car" will be last years model 2months after you buy it. I'd wait or else I'd for sure regret it down the road.

    You've waited this long right? You got screwed, so turn it into a positive and be one of the first to have a 13'
    Well said. Good luck Hindude

  11. #460
    Registered User hindude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NW Suburbs, Chicago
    Posts
    143
    They FOUND it! After the continued multiple phone calls today, I have learned that my WRX is on a truck with 5 other subies on it's way to my dealer at this very moment. It should either be there tonight or tomorrow morning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    It has been 100% confirmed that the 13' will be identical to the 12' the only difference I saw was they are no longer going to have a Red one. Subaru Canada announced it as well as Motortrend and Car and Driver in their august issues.

    I think of it this way, your car will only be new once, your "new car" will be last years model 2months after you buy it. I'd wait or else I'd for sure regret it down the road.

    You've waited this long right? You got screwed, so turn it into a positive and be one of the first to have a 13'

    Thanks for the info. If they really aren't changing much on the 2013 then, I think I am gonna stick with getting the 2012.

    For one, if I ordered a 13 I'd be waiting another 12 weeks and I've already waited 16.
    Two, I've already got my loan and insurance figured out so getting a 13 would be more work.
    Three, I've been borrowing a minivan for the past 2 weeks cause I already sold my car.
    Four, I wouldn't get as good of a deal if I ordered a 13.
    Five, I'm not gonna sell my car so year resale value of a 12 vs. 13 really doesn't bother me.
    And six, I just really wanna drive my car
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

  12. #461
    Registered User hindude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NW Suburbs, Chicago
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    Well said. Good luck Hindude
    Thank you, sir.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

  13. #462
    Registered User hindude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NW Suburbs, Chicago
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by squiRe2001 View Post
    I put in a pre order for a 2013 the end of June . Clayton just said my order went into the system yesterday. Maybe I'll be one of the first ones to get a 2013

    Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    How did you preorder without knowing what the pice is? Are the prices out?
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

  14. #463
    Registered User squiRe2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northeast, PA
    Posts
    162
    We went off last years pricing for the pre order. Since he said the order went into the system yesterday. I'll ask him what the price came out to be.

  15. #464
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,920
    Finally! That's all I got to say. Pretty sure once you actually get it you're going to have involuntary bodily excretions.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  16. #465
    Registered User hindude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NW Suburbs, Chicago
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Finally! That's all I got to say. Pretty sure once you actually get it you're going to have involuntary bodily excretions.
    Good call. I'll bring an extra pair of shorts. lol
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •