How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 29
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Well I hope you're wrong peekeesh... I put in an order 4 weeks ago and have no VIN or ETA ...

Well I hope you're wrong peekeesh... I put in an order 4 weeks ago and have no VIN or ETA besides the salesmen telling me 8-12 weeks to fill orders lately, some closer to 16 weeks.

I'm not going to be happy if they took my deposit and now know that the car won't be getting built. If thats the case I'm either getting it back and buying something else, or demanding that I get the first 2013 model they get in stock.

I ordered a SWP Hatch Premium with nothing but a STS. Keeping my fingers crossed its only 4 weeks out, but the last update I got from the salesman said, "it does not look like the vehicle has been filled yet for the order. The order has been placed and we are just waiting for the order to be accepted from Subaru. As soon as the order has been accepted I will let you know-"...

WTF does that tell me?!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MotorOilMcCall View Post
    Well I hope you're wrong peekeesh... I put in an order 4 weeks ago and have no VIN or ETA besides the salesmen telling me 8-12 weeks to fill orders lately, some closer to 16 weeks.

I'm not going to be happy if they took my deposit and now know that the car won't be getting built. If thats the case I'm either getting it back and buying something else, or demanding that I get the first 2013 model they get in stock.

I ordered a SWP Hatch Premium with nothing but a STS. Keeping my fingers crossed its only 4 weeks out, but the last update I got from the salesman said, "it does not look like the vehicle has been filled yet for the order. The order has been placed and we are just waiting for the order to be accepted from Subaru. As soon as the order has been accepted I will let you know-"...

WTF does that tell me?!?
    Well, that tells ME that there is no physical car assigned to your order yet.

If SOA has stopped taking orders, I don't know if that means that they will no longer be importing vehicles at all, or if they are just not accepting any new orders after a certain date. Perhaps your dealership snuck one in there? Or maybe they don't go through the normal channels, like rexx's dealership in NJ. Either way, all you have right now is a hope that the guy is trustworthy. If you feel that he is, then you have nothing to worry about.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

WTF does that tell me?!?
    If I am your shoe, i will try to contact SoA directly to see what's up. Have them look into your vehicle order.

You can e-mail them and provide the following info:

1. Dealership name.
    2. Vehicle you ordered.
    3. Your name.

When i placed my vehicle order before, i waited 3 days then I sent an e-mail to SOA. They replied back asking the info above. After I provided that info, they came back with the VON.

Alright, I checked the Subaru Website, whats the email addy for them? Thanks a ton man, my dealer just doesn't seem like he wants to bother... He's already got the sale in his mind I guess.

Alright, I checked the Subaru Website, whats the email addy for them? Thanks a ton man, my dealer just doesn't seem like he wants to bother... He's already got the sale in his mind I guess.
    You can try this one... CustDlrServices@subaru.com
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

That ^^ or go here:

https://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools/contact-us.html

You're welcome.

Thanks Guys, now all I'm waiting on is the Dealer to get back to me with a VON...

Just out of curiousity, does anyone have an order for a WRX placed after 6/4?

Well my order is coming in ahead of schedule! Dealership called last night and said they have the VIN and the window sticker already. Because of the holiday week next week they aren't sure if the truck will deliver it next week or the week after. I don't really car since I havent had a chance to sell my old vehicle yet anyways.

I'm just excited to get it ahead of schedule!

I hate all y'all! Still have not gotten the vin

Sucks waiting to drive awesomeness!

Hey Moog, just out of curiosity, whats the meaning behind the name? I only ask because that's who I work for...

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    I hate all y'all! Still have not gotten the vin

Sucks waiting to drive awesomeness!

You're not alone Moog. I don't have a VIN yet either. When did you order?
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Was playing first person shooters on ps3 and just whipped the name out of thin air. Thought it sounded tough. Thats funny. What kind of company is it?

Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    You're not alone Moog. I don't have a VIN yet either. When did you order?
    Ordered mine on June 9. Sucks waiting for the car. Subaru should at least throw something in for my troubles.

Man you guys have it easy. I ordered my Ford Raptor a week ago and the expected delivery isn't until December! And possibly Jan or even Feb if the stars don't align. I've got order #21 coming off the assembly line so it's not like they need to build thousands before mine. They only have to build 20!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading