How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 28
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by toyotabb Hindude, I ordered from Gerald Subaru. I just got my vin today finally. I do to ...

Quote Originally Posted by toyotabb View Post
    Hindude, I ordered from Gerald Subaru. I just got my vin today finally. I do to wonder if its a color issue that come in to play with the wait times. I don't see why though. I got an updated eta of 7/13 so we'll see if that ever happens.
    That's great news! Congratulations! What color/trim level did you order? I keep hoping that tomorrow will be the day my VIN comes in. Crossing my fingers that mine is on the same ship that yours is on.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks, Its been a long time coming. Sti hatch in PBP. I hope so to. I assume it is as there not many subbys in our parts, Im the only order they are waiting for. Hopefully yours is with mines!!

Nice. I was about to go with PBP too. It's such a unique color. I ended up going with WRB because you can't go wrong with a classic.
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mse.678 View Post
    thanks for the heads-up. I am still waiting on reply on my other questions, as in if i can get a base version and add a spoiler, and how does buying out of state works
    Out of state buying is no big deal, it works the same way as if you bought in state just different paperwork at the dealership thats all. I can tell you definitively that you cannot factory order a base model WRX with a spoiler and you cannot delete it from a premium. They come how they come. As others stated the best route for you to take is to either order an aftermarket (or oem if you've got cash to burn) spoiler, or look into a trunk trade.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Last week, I had SoA run a check on the status of my car because it has been so long and I have no VIN yet. They finally called me back today and said that the person in charge of distribution is "out of office" right now! Why isn't someone else taking care of this while this person is OOO? I would hate to think that the only reason that I don't already have my car is because someone decided to say "eff work, I'm going on a vacation and not asking anyone to cover for me." I think that's a little ridiculous. I asked them to see if someone else would be able to figure this out and they said the would check. I also asked when this person would be back in office, and they said they don't know. At this time, they seem to be useless. I guess the waiting continues...
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

It took them how long to get back to you?!? Just to say, "We know nothing"?!? That would have me fuming.

Anyone from the dealership, who has access to their ordering system(whatever you call it), could check the status of your order. Call em and ask em where your car's at.

Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    Last week, I had SoA run a check on the status of my car because it has been so long and I have no VIN yet. They finally called me back today and said that the person in charge of distribution is "out of office" right now! Why isn't someone else taking care of this while this person is OOO? I would hate to think that the only reason that I don't already have my car is because someone decided to say "eff work, I'm going on a vacation and not asking anyone to cover for me." I think that's a little ridiculous. I asked them to see if someone else would be able to figure this out and they said the would check. I also asked when this person would be back in office, and they said they don't know. At this time, they seem to be useless. I guess the waiting continues...

Quote Originally Posted by peekeesh View Post
    Anyone from the dealership, who has access to their ordering system(whatever you call it), could check the status of your order. Call em and ask em where your car's at.
    The dealer sees the same status that the people at SoA customer service see. That just says that my car is due to arrive in June. This is obviously not going to happen as I don't have a VIN yet. I am trying to get information from the distribution manager who would know more about what is going on with my car than these other yahoos.
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

The dealer sees the same status that the people at SoA customer service see. That just says that my car is due to arrive in June. This is obviously not going to happen as I don't have a VIN yet. I am trying to get information from the distribution manager who would know more about what is going on with my car than these other yahoos.
    The phone people have more info, as I understand it. You should be able to request that they put a tracker on your car or something. I can't remember what it's called, but they researched my status and revised my ETA. Have they done that for you yet?
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Out of state buying is no big deal, it works the same way as if you bought in state just different paperwork at the dealership thats all. I can tell you definitively that you cannot factory order a base model WRX with a spoiler and you cannot delete it from a premium. They come how they come. As others stated the best route for you to take is to either order an aftermarket (or oem if you've got cash to burn) spoiler, or look into a trunk trade.

i thought all wrx hatchbacks comes with spoiler? no?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    i thought all wrx hatchbacks comes with spoiler? no?
    He is referring to the sedan version. All hatchbacks come with a rear spoiler.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

so what's the word on the 2013, since they stopped taking orders of 2012? i contacted several dealers and they wont take any more 2012 orders, wont tell me any news on the 2013, and wont sell any instock wrx for under msrp

THey wont take orders for 2013 cuz they're not allowed to. The in stock WRX/STi's sell for sticker(or more) because the demand for them is extremely high this year. It goes back to the whole "supply and demand" thing. I put a deposit on mine before the dealer got it (2 weeks) which was the second week in May 2012. They had already delivered 5 STi's and 6 WRX's that month which is more than they delivered all year in 2011. Not to mention its a small dealership in a small town so thats a pretty good spec to go by. Thats my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    so what's the word on the 2013, since they stopped taking orders of 2012? i contacted several dealers and they wont take any more 2012 orders, wont tell me any news on the 2013, and wont sell any instock wrx for under msrp
    "Hey Derik, do you know whats good for shoulder pain?"

I Support ClubWRX
    I am still taking 2012 orders through sdc and subaru has not told me otherwise... seems strange.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

i guess it varies by location/dealership. In my case, they have different info. Read my post #267.

How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order?

But anyway, i hope you get your car soon