How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 27
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So I ordered my WRB WRX on 4/24 and it finally came in on Saturday 5/27 in the afternoon. The ...

So I ordered my WRB WRX on 4/24 and it finally came in on Saturday 5/27 in the afternoon. The salesman was an ******* and told me on the phone that I better get up to the dealership (40 miles away) or they were going to sell it to someone else looking at it. My fiance and I were both going to be on the Subaru/Chase account and she was working that night. It was still on the truck and they wanted to sell it to someone else, wtf. So I tell them that we could make it up there at 5pm to sign real quick and to just leave it in the plastic and not to put dealer emblem on it. Of course they didn't listen and when I got there they had dealer stuff on the paint and cleaned it. When I got there they were still trying to threaten me about having other people wanting to buy it and that I better have financing. They wanted me to go through another bank (not Subaru) and charge me higher interest. We were not happy and said that we didn't want to do that. They told us that we needed to take the financing and buy the car that day or it would be sold. It was a holiday weekend and banks were closed until Tuesday but they wouldn't hold it until then. They also tried changing the price by adding $700 without telling me. It was awful and I got my refund back and left.

Then Wednesday I searched the entire US and found some cars, ending up finding a WRB base like I ordered but with homelink compass mirror, blue under lights and short throw shifter all for $1000 less than those *******s tried to charge me. And we got the 2.99% Chase/Subaru deal. So we drove 1500 miles and picked up my car in Arizona. So worth it. I am putting in an official complaint to Subaru about the first dealership. Final price was $25391 with the extras. Oh and they had 3 other WRXs on the lot with a $98k Nissan GTR as well.
    WR Blue WRX
    Ordered 4/24/12
    VON 4/24/12
    VIN-5/4/12
    ETA-5/11/12

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by silentbuddy View Post
    ordered 4/11, arrive 5/29 but just picked it up 6/1! Big shout out to etnpnys for assisting me with the ordering/purchasing process!
    Awesome! I'm so glad it worked out for you!! Have fun with it! (After the break-in period, if that's your thing...) lol

...I can almost see my dad's shop in the background there, too...
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

skadoosh, I hope you spoke to the manager at that crappy dealer****. Definitely let SoA know. Glad you got your ride and a better deal too!
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    skadoosh, I hope you spoke to the manager at that crappy dealer****. Definitely let SoA know. Glad you got your ride and a better deal too!
    It probably was the manager. Definately take your complaint to SOA.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Hey hindude where did you order your car from? Im in you current boat lol ordered 3/26/12 and no vin and so set eta.

Sakaoosh, be sure to follow up with SOA on the, that is beyond total bs to pull that kind of crap. At least you found another one!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Got the call yesterday evening. The car is at to the dealer. He had been calling SOA and kept getting the response, it's at the rail head. Turned out to be on the transport trailer. When it got there, they were surprised (happy surprise for me).

Ordered-4/11
    VON-4/12
    VIN-3-4 weeks later
    Delivered to dealer-6/6
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Today was the big day for me... The blurple WRX arrived just 11 weeks and 6 days after placing the order. Lovin it so far. Pulls like a monster compared to the old H6 3.0 Outback. The pbp looks awesome. Maybe some pics after detailing this weekend. I just pulled the plastic off tonight at home.
    Ordered: 3/17/2012
    Arrived at dealer and picked up: 6/8/2012
    WRX Ltd pbp w/ nav

I am looking into getting a wrx 5dr hatchback base. Question about additional options: is it possible to order/install the base version with a spoiler? the only thing i like from the premium vs the base is i like the spoiler, i care less about the sunroof and the heated seats. As far as i can tell those are the difference between the base and premium. I am asking this because i dont see the spoiler as an option i can add when i did the 'Build your vehicle' on the subaru website.

Other options i may be interested in is the boost gauge and maybe the short shift

another question i have is how does buying out state work? i m from California and if i made the purchase in Arizona, how does the tax work? do i pay arizona tax, then come back to CA and have to pay it again?

Quote Originally Posted by toyotabb View Post
    Hey hindude where did you order your car from? Im in you current boat lol ordered 3/26/12 and no vin and so set eta.
    Hey toyotabb, I ordered from Grand Subaru. Where did you order from? My friend and I actually both ordered the same car at the same time (different colors) and he got a VIN number last friday. They gave him an ETA on 7/5. I guess it's easier to make a white WRX that it is to make a blue one haha. I've still got no VIN but my ETA is still showing June so my dealer "thinks" it will be in some time the first week of July... we'll see.
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Quote Originally Posted by mse.678 View Post

Other options i may be interested in is the boost gauge and maybe the short shift
    hey mse.678, I've read that people have lots of problems with the SPT boost gauge (clicking). I would recommend doing more research on this before purchasing it. I want a boost gauge as well but with the bad reputation that the spt gauge has, I'm definitely going with an aftermarket one. Just my 2 cents.
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

hey mse.678, I've read that people have lots of problems with the SPT boost gauge (clicking). I would recommend doing more research on this before purchasing it. I want a boost gauge as well but with the bad reputation that the spt gauge has, I'm definitely going with an aftermarket one. Just my 2 cents.
    thanks for the heads-up. I am still waiting on reply on my other questions, as in if i can get a base version and add a spoiler, and how does buying out of state works

thanks for the heads-up. I am still waiting on reply on my other questions, as in if i can get a base version and add a spoiler, and how does buying out of state works
    I don't know anything about taxes with buying out of state, but I would imagine that you could a 3rd party version of the factory spoiler and just install it after you buy the car like most cars. Really, your best bet with getting answers to questions like this would be to just call up a dealer. You'll be able to get direct answers to your questions. Good luck!
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

I don't know anything about taxes with buying out of state, but I would imagine that you could a 3rd party version of the factory spoiler and just install it after you buy the car like most cars. Really, your best bet with getting answers to questions like this would be to just call up a dealer. You'll be able to get direct answers to your questions. Good luck!
    i am now just told all WRX trim comes with the spoiler.

i am now just told all WRX trim comes with the spoiler.
    That's exactly what I was going to say. You're right. Where did you see that it was an option?
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Hindude, I ordered from Gerald Subaru. I just got my vin today finally. I do to wonder if its a color issue that come in to play with the wait times. I don't see why though. I got an updated eta of 7/13 so we'll see if that ever happens.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.