How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 26
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Soobvirgin I went to my local dealer on May 1st and left a deposit for a WRX ...

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    I went to my local dealer on May 1st and left a deposit for a WRX Premium (4 door, DGM) they had due in on the 3rd. It already had a VIN. I'm still waiting for it. The ETA has changed on their system three times, so today I called SoA. All the guy could tell me was that the ETA is now 6/6. Wonderful. So the price agreed for my current car will drop by the time the WRX comes in.

Has anyone else experienced such a delay AFTER their car received a VIN?
    That's kinda weird, but I'm not surprised. Getting a revised date is at least SOME news, right? My delivery date came and went, and when it was 4 days late I got a revised date of +7 days... ...and then I got it the next day (only 5 days late). Their dates are kinda bunk.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hahaha... Yeah, that kinda' reinforces my opinion that their ETA dates are meaningless. However, it's somewhat encouraging that it might arrive BEFORE their predicted date.

The guy I spoke to yesterday at SoA said that he was fairly sure it would arrive right around the current predicted date. I asked him what made him sure that after the date changing four times already, it wouldn't change four more times. His response was that he had never seen this before. Hardly a pattern is it? I completely understand that Japan has gone through hell over the last year or more. I would totally understand the car being delayed. What I don't understand is why they can't be more accurate with their ETAs.... AFTER the car has already been built! If the car isn't gonna arrive until July, oh well. I can wait. But please tell me so I can make arrangements! Grrrr.

Hahaha... Yeah, that kinda' reinforces my opinion that their ETA dates are meaningless. However, it's somewhat encouraging that it might arrive BEFORE their predicted date.

The guy I spoke to yesterday at SoA said that he was fairly sure it would arrive right around the current predicted date. I asked him what made him sure that after the date changing four times already, it wouldn't change four more times. His response was that he had never seen this before. Hardly a pattern is it? I completely understand that Japan has gone through hell over the last year or more. I would totally understand the car being delayed. What I don't understand is why they can't be more accurate with their ETAs.... AFTER the car has already been built! If the car isn't gonna arrive until July, oh well. I can wait. But please tell me so I can make arrangements! Grrrr.
    I know what you mean. I've gotta plan this out so I can sell my civic close enough to the date my WRX come in, and it's really hard to do without a solid ETA on the WRX.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Check your spare tire compartment and make sure everything is secure just in case. I can't tell you how many times I've had a customer freak out only to find the screwdriver floating around in there!
    Thanks for the advice. I actually did check the trunk just to make sure. I took it in yesterday and the tech rode in the back seat while I drove and he found the very center of the plastic cover was vibratin against the window. He removed it and put some thick insulation on it. Fixed!

Glad you got it fixed. Did they charge you anything?
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

What I don't understand is why they can't be more accurate with their ETAs.... AFTER the car has already been built! If the car isn't gonna arrive until July, oh well. I can wait. But please tell me so I can make arrangements! Grrrr.
    For me, I think the actual transport company had the car for two weeks. Two weeks! To drive it an hour up the road! I think that's kinda the X-Factor with the deliveries also, because the transport company isn't going to make an entire trip just for your car, so they sit. And wait. Until they get enough to justify the costs of the trip.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    Glad you got it fixed. Did they charge you anything?
    Nope, they didn't charge anything. But it's a little weird driving now without hearing a rattle. lol

So the car that I've been waiting a month for just arrived at the dealer. The truck drove through a sand storm. $2800 worth of damage caused by stone chips to the windshield and bodywork. FML.

So the car that I've been waiting a month for just arrived at the dealer. The truck drove through a sand storm. $2800 worth of damage caused by stone chips to the windshield and bodywork. FML.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-me...ged-japan.html

Dude are you two on the same shipment?

I Support ClubWRX
    Ouch
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

No way! It happened to someone else?!? I just spoke to my dealer again. I was under the impression the car was with them, and the damage had happened en route, but it's not. I wanted to go inspect the damage, but they've already approved the repairs without seeing the car.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx chips.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	105426

That is the kind of news that would leave me feeling salty for a long time. Crossing my fingers that the same doesn't happen to mine.

Keep us posted on the details of your cars.
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

ordered 4/11, arrive 5/29 but just picked it up 6/1! Big shout out to etnpnys for assisting me with the ordering/purchasing process!

Name:	2012-06-01 18.31.38.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	105445

Also, there was a BRZ waiting to be picked up!

Name:	2012-06-01 17.52.23.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	105444

Ordered 4/10 picked up. 5/31 DGM, 4D premium. I have not had a standard in years so am a bit rusty but this is a very fun car to drive.

Ordered 5/14, still waiting for my WRB WRX. ETA was supposed to be May, but now I'm just hoping it'll be in this month...
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.