How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 25
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Called SOA today and finally got a VIN and ETA: June 7. If it arrives June 7, I will have ...

Called SOA today and finally got a VIN and ETA: June 7. If it arrives June 7, I will have waited 2 days shy of 12 weeks from the order date. Even though this is much later than I was originally told by the dealer (6-8 weeks) and later than SOA's original "general ETA" of May, I am feeling quite happy to now have a VIN and realistic ETA. It's like I'm excited about the car again instead of just feeling disappointed that I have waited so long.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TwrxFossil View Post
    Called SOA today and finally got a VIN and ETA: June 7. If it arrives June 7, I will have waited 2 days shy of 12 weeks from the order date. Even though this is much later than I was originally told by the dealer (6-8 weeks) and later than SOA's original "general ETA" of May, I am feeling quite happy to now have a VIN and realistic ETA. It's like I'm excited about the car again instead of just feeling disappointed that I have waited so long.
    That's odd. What options did you get?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by BenchTT View Post
    Speaking of growing pains... SUBY FU**ED up my order. Clayton called me a few hrs ago and told me that a 4 door was shipped not a 5 door that I ordered and need. 9 weeks of waiting down the drain. I dont think it was his fault but how can I not be . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .ed. So wait 9 more weeks for a 2012 or wait until fall for a 2013?

Anyone seen a 5 door base DGM at any dealers?
    Seriously that blows. I, too, think you're out of luck on a 2012 - at least I think if you find one there isn't going to be a chance of you getting it at the same price you probably already discussed for the one that was (incorrectly) ordered.

At this point, I think all you can do is try to turn the bad into something beneficial for you. What can the dealership do for you at this point? They truly screwed you. Make them understand that your preparations for even ordering a car is difficult (selling/trading in an existing vehicle, making arrangements for a loaner from family/friend until yours gets in, time off from work to minimize your loaner time, etc), LET ALONE that order being messed up and completely screwing you for 4 more months (at least!) than expected. Then tell them that it's their bad and that you were very clear about what you wanted to be ordered. Then ask them what they can do to potentially keep a customer from going to Mazda (idle threats perhaps). Recommend that they ensure that you are the first one THEY CALL when the ordering system is opened up for 2013s and that you expect to get the same, if not better, deal on next year's WRX.

Just my two cents. Please let us know how it turns out.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Hey Fossil, what part of the country are you from and what body style / color are you getting? I was told mine would be sometime in June too. I'm hoping if we are near each other, mine may be coming over in the same shipment as yours. I would call SOA but they don't open till 10:30 today.

WRX Limited hatch pbp w/ nav.
    Portland, OR here.

Quote Originally Posted by BenchTT View Post
    Speaking of growing pains... SUBY FU**ED up my order. Clayton called me a few hrs ago and told me that a 4 door was shipped not a 5 door that I ordered and need. 9 weeks of waiting down the drain. I dont think it was his fault but how can I not be . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .ed. So wait 9 more weeks for a 2012 or wait until fall for a 2013?

Anyone seen a 5 door base DGM at any dealers?
    Not a base, but there is a DGM WRX Limited listed at Royal Moore in Hillsboro, OR. Tell your dealer you want it at a steep discount.

Its actually kind of difficult to find Base models. I don't think dealers like to sell them as much as say a Premium or Limited. Obviously this is opinion not fact. When I was looking I saw more Premiums and Limited models than I did Base models. BenchTT where are from?

I know this is easier said than done, but try and be patient so they make and put it together right. I got my SWP 4dr about a month and a half after ordering it and ive had it back to the dealer twice for a rattle in the rear deck. The cover for the rear deck had broken clips. They replaced the cover and it's still rattling. The tech said that my rear deck seems to be bowed, and is causing more vibration on the panel than normal. The car goes back on Tuesday so they can insulate between the panel and rear deck.

That's rough jdmluver. hope it all works out for you though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by subaken View Post
    Its actually kind of difficult to find Base models. I don't think dealers like to sell them as much as say a Premium or Limited. Obviously this is opinion not fact. When I was looking I saw more Premiums and Limited models than I did Base models. BenchTT where are from?
    That's true. I've been around to a few dealers looking for cars and you rarely ever see base models on the lot with little or no options on the car. I pretty much only go with base models because I can't justify the prices dealers put on most of their options, 1-2k for an upgraded stereo, 1-2k for leather, $1500 for wheels. I'd rather go after market and add what I want for a decent price.

Dealers know they can jack up the prices on there options, then they'll tell you," it'll only cost you $25 extra a month ", which sounds a lot better than, "it cost 2k extra".

I Support ClubWRX
    Any time a car is high demand or low volume, it doesn't make sense for the manufacturer or dealer to put base models on the lot. Whatever is brought in will sell. Why not make more money and make the cars as attractive a possible (for most people). Let's not forget, these folks are in business to make $$.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    Any time a car is high demand or low volume, it doesn't make sense for the manufacturer or dealer to put base models on the lot. Whatever is brought in will sell. Why not make more money and make the cars as attractive a possible (for most people). Let's not forget, these folks are in business to make $$.
    Although you are right about dealers being in business to make money, they are not producing less base models to make you buy a higher priced car, that really wouldn't work because some people really can only afford the base and you might lose them to another brand if you just supply premiums and limiteds. The reality is that more people bought the base model (partly due to the recent lease special for 299) so now there are a lot more premiums and limiteds left.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    That's true. I've been around to a few dealers looking for cars and you rarely ever see base models on the lot with little or no options on the car. I pretty much only go with base models because I can't justify the prices dealers put on most of their options, 1-2k for an upgraded stereo, 1-2k for leather, $1500 for wheels. I'd rather go after market and add what I want for a decent price.

Dealers know they can jack up the prices on there options, then they'll tell you," it'll only cost you $25 extra a month ", which sounds a lot better than, "it cost 2k extra".
    fwiw as a salesman I want to sell you the cheapest one you will go for. Reason being its going to be a lot easier for you to afford and you'll be more likely to close the deal. We have a saying, it goes "you can always sell up, you can never sell down" Meaning, once you show and test drive the guy in the loaded STi, you're going to have a real hard time selling him the base WRX once he realizes he cant afford the STi. Our primary motivation is to sell you a car in general. Very few sales guys are focused on which new car is going to make them the most money believe it or not. You just want to sell a car period, and get your commission so you can move on to the next... At Subaru anyway, I can't speak for Mercedes dealers etc. Thier margins might be so much higher it could be completely opposite.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdmluvr View Post
    I know this is easier said than done, but try and be patient so they make and put it together right. I got my SWP 4dr about a month and a half after ordering it and ive had it back to the dealer twice for a rattle in the rear deck. The cover for the rear deck had broken clips. They replaced the cover and it's still rattling. The tech said that my rear deck seems to be bowed, and is causing more vibration on the panel than normal. The car goes back on Tuesday so they can insulate between the panel and rear deck.
    Check your spare tire compartment and make sure everything is secure just in case. I can't tell you how many times I've had a customer freak out only to find the screwdriver floating around in there!

I went to my local dealer on May 1st and left a deposit for a WRX Premium (4 door, DGM) they had due in on the 3rd. It already had a VIN. I'm still waiting for it. The ETA has changed on their system three times, so today I called SoA. All the guy could tell me was that the ETA is now 6/6. Wonderful. So the price agreed for my current car will drop by the time the WRX comes in.

Has anyone else experienced such a delay AFTER their car received a VIN?