How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 22
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; buy parts...

buy parts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by silentbuddy View Post
    Got my VON on 4/11 and an ETA in June. What to do in the mean time??
    Dream sweet dreams and get ready for a fun summer!
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Got it today!!!! 9 weeks of waiting... When people say it's worth the wait, believe it!

when did you guys know if you are approved for the loan??
    The salesmanager told me they won't run the financing until the car get there or if they know exactly when it will be there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Germansk8tr View Post
    when did you guys know if you are approved for the loan??
    The salesmanager told me they won't run the financing until the car get there or if they know exactly when it will be there.
    Why not..I had them run the credit check before the car was there to make sure everything was good to go. I dont see why they say they cant

Talked to SOA today. Got my VIN, my car is scheduled to be here the 3rd week of May. I ordered it on April 13.

Exactly, that's what I thought, why order a car and wait 2months just to find out I'm not aproved,
    What he told me was that once you are aproved your loan is only good for 30days so if the car doesn't get there in time I might have to reapply and I might not get approved again .... Never heard that before... I also never financed a car

Here's the way I've come to understand it over the years: Every time you actually apply for a loan they perform a "hard" credit check on you.

A "soft" inquiry is something such as simply finding out your score through a site or company and has no affect on your score. A "hard" inquiry is to find out the gritty details about you and your finances and it DOES impact your score. The slight impact that it has on your credit report when you get approved for the loan could be enough to get you denied a month later. This is why you aren't able to take out a $10k loan with 100 different companies and go buy a Bugatti Veyron.

As for my loan, I asked them to run it through after I had waited about 4 weeks because I thought I might get denied. As it turned out, I did get denied and had to go back with a co-signer. If your credit is really good and you don't have much debt tied to you, I would wait until your close to getting your car. If it's bad and you think you might need a co-signer, consider doing it sooner.

It's a tough decision. Do it too early and you could screw yourself. Do it when the car is there and if you get denied, you might have to wait a few more days while they run it with a co-signer (if you have one).

I'll try that next time I'm off, since the car is supposed to be here in about 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdmluvr View Post
    So, I dont know how true this is, but yesterday I got a call from a friend from work. His friend is a district manager or something like that from Subaru in the area. John (my friend) asked me how to spell my name, I told him... And his friend pulled up my order and asked if it was the Mike Shaw Subaru here in Northglenn,CO, I told him yes. Johns friend said my car will be shipped out at the end of this month and is expected to be at the dealership by mid May. ???? That doesn't sound right, considering I just ordered it on 4/13. Does it?
    Hey, I ordered mine from Shaw the last day that we could order on 4/24. They have no clue though, telling me 8-12 weeks. I just saw that you have an ETA of 3rd week of May. Mine was ordered 11 days after yours and maybe it can make that shipment? What number did you call for SOA? I want to call them to find out.

Well, I actually emailed first and got a response the day after while I was on hold. I called because I got a generic email saying my inquiry would be answered in 2-5 business days. I emailed CustDlrServices@subaru.com and called 1-800-782-2783. Let me know what you find out, if anything. A guy I work with has a fried that is a GM in the area, that might be able to help out too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdmluvr View Post
    Well, I actually emailed first and got a response the day after while I was on hold. I called because I got a generic email saying my inquiry would be answered in 2-5 business days. I emailed CustDlrServices@subaru.com and called 1-800-782-2783. Let me know what you find out, if anything. A guy I work with has a fried that is a GM in the area, that might be able to help out too.
    When you called, did they utilize your VON # to search their system for your order?

Some posters have mentioned that they don't have a VON number. The dealer should be able to provide it easily. If you have a copy of your order (it has the words Sold Order Summary at the top) your VON is included within the form.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Well I told him I had it and he asked for it, but he also asked or my full name and dealership it was ordered through. Maybe the name and dealer was just for verification purposes??

Alright I just called SOA and was told that it is the WRB and has an ETA of May. That sounds good since I ordered it on 4/24 and would only be 4-5 weeks total wait. Still no VIN though.
    WR Blue WRX
    Ordered 4/24/12
    VON 4/24/12
    VIN-5/4/12
    ETA-5/11/12

I ordered mine march 24 and got it today april 30.