How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 20
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; by the way, i took a pic of your car when i was about to leave the dealership. it wasn't ...

by the way, i took a pic of your car when i was about to leave the dealership. it wasn't a good angle though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I actually ordered from 2 different dealers.

one dealer:
    Ordered: Early March
    ETA: ??????

Second Dealer that locked a price in with me:
    Ordered: 3/22
    ETA: 4/20 ~ or this weekend.

O_O. IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS!@

Quote Originally Posted by peekeesh View Post
    by the way, i took a pic of your car when i was about to leave the dealership. it wasn't a good angle though.
    Awesome! Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by vuskeedoo View Post
    I actually ordered from 2 different dealers.

one dealer:
    Ordered: Early March
    ETA: ??????

Second Dealer that locked a price in with me:
    Ordered: 3/22
    ETA: 4/20 ~ or this weekend.

O_O. IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS!@
    Haha funny you say that - I was talking to a coworker yesterday about the date being pushed out and how even the dealership doesn't have a firm hold on WHEN the car will arrive. She said "You're sad like a little kid that just got told Christmas has been postponed..." I added: "Worse! It's more like Christmas is on an indefinite hiatus!"
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

8 weeks is this Saturday and still waiting. Good news is, I emailed the dealer and I was told that it is coming soon but no date. Was told that it is built and is on transit. I don't know how long more that is going to be...

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    8 weeks is this Saturday and still waiting. Good news is, I emailed the dealer and I was told that it is coming soon but no date. Was told that it is built and is on transit. I don't know how long more that is going to be...
    Where are you located? Between mine being "released to transport" and me actually getting it was 2 weeks & 1 day.

...but I believe the port was only 45 minutes away from the dealership...
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Mine is finally in, came in yesterday!

It's getting a clearbra today, and possibly some tint before I pick it up. Picking it up tomorrow morning. I'll post some terrible cell phone pics when i get it.
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    Mine is finally in, came in yesterday!

It's getting a clearbra today, and possibly some tint before I pick it up. Picking it up tomorrow morning. I'll post some terrible cell phone pics when i get it.
    AWESOME! Congrats!

Now I sit awaiting said horrible pics.

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Where are you located? Between mine being "released to transport" and me actually getting it was 2 weeks & 1 day.

...but I believe the port was only 45 minutes away from the dealership...
    I'm located in NYC. Ordered the car north jersey... Man so that means it can take another 2+ weeks? Ahhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    I'm located in NYC. Ordered the car north jersey... Man so that means it can take another 2+ weeks? Ahhhh.
    Unfortunately, nobody knows. Maybe my car came in from the east coast and that's why it took so long. Maybe the transport company just sat on mine on Peekesh's until they had more to travel with. Maybe the transport companies are just horribly inefficient and they drive really slow.

I offered up that info so that you didn't have to ask for it. Personally, I always like more information rather than too little information. I hate to say it but the dealerships know all that they can - and that, unfortunately, is just about nothing until the car actually arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Unfortunately, nobody knows. Maybe my car came in from the east coast and that's why it took so long. Maybe the transport company just sat on mine on Peekesh's until they had more to travel with. Maybe the transport companies are just horribly inefficient and they drive really slow.

I offered up that info so that you didn't have to ask for it. Personally, I always like more information rather than too little information. I hate to say it but the dealerships know all that they can - and that, unfortunately, is just about nothing until the car actually arrives.
    Yea I know... This waiting game is nutts.

So, I dont know how true this is, but yesterday I got a call from a friend from work. His friend is a district manager or something like that from Subaru in the area. John (my friend) asked me how to spell my name, I told him... And his friend pulled up my order and asked if it was the Mike Shaw Subaru here in Northglenn,CO, I told him yes. Johns friend said my car will be shipped out at the end of this month and is expected to be at the dealership by mid May. ???? That doesn't sound right, considering I just ordered it on 4/13. Does it?

^ might be true. I placed an order 03/17, got von after 5 days, vin received 3/30 and car arrived at the dealership yesterday 4/19.

I sure hope so. The original time frame they game me was mid June, and I'll be in Seattle for 2 weeks in mid June.

Called the dealer today. He said it should be here any day now. Told me it's left the port and is on the truck on its way. I live on Cape Cod in MA, I believe the port is in Boston (right?), which is just over an hour away, so I would assume it should be here by now.

Today is exactly 8 weeks from when I placed my order, I was told it would take 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TwrxFossil View Post
    Ordered Limited hatch pbp March 17. Emailed SOA yesterday to get an ETA... 'General' ETA is May. No VIN yet.
    5 weeks today since I ordered. Still no VIN or more exact ETA. Beautiful day today--sure would be nice to be driving the new WRX...