How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 19
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Dramlin Mine had an ETA of 04/09-04/13 and I'm still in the dark as to where it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    Mine had an ETA of 04/09-04/13 and I'm still in the dark as to where it is. I do know of a few others that did get their car on 04/13 though. I'm sorta wondering if there is a shortage of parts at the port at the moment which is pushing some cars back.

Mine is supposed to have a port installed STS, SPT Exhaust, and homelink mirror. ETNPNYS and PEEKEESH, if you don't mind me asking what port installs do you have?
    I had the Homelink mirror, red footwell illumination, rear cupholders, cargo tray, armrest extension, and fog lights. Base model DGM hatchback.

Have you called SoA and asked them to "research it" and get back to you? They may not actually get back to you (as is my case), but the day after I requested the research my ETA was updated to 4/23 - I got the update from the dealership.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Have you called SoA and asked them to "research it" and get back to you? They may not actually get back to you (as is my case), but the day after I requested the research my ETA was updated to 4/23 - I got the update from the dealership.
    Thanks. Yes, I called SOA on 04/17 and they said their computer system wasn't giving them enough information, so they would have to speak with some folks and get back to me. They said that they would call me back before the end of the day today so I am just (im)patiently waiting

I'm assuming 04/23 now as with everyone else, but the 4/30 ETA's are now worrying me a bit.
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

@Etnpnys, well you placed your order on 02/28, which 2 weeks earlier than mine. So yours might show up next week, 04/23.

@dramlin, mine's a base hatch with these port installed options:

Fog light kit, auto-dim rearview with compass/homelink, wheel locks, extended armrest, red interior illumination
    Last edited by peekeesh; 04-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peekeesh View Post
    @Etnpnys, well you placed your order on 02/28, which 2 weeks earlier than mine. So yours might show up next week, 04/23.
    Yeah, but it would still be weird to me because they have tracked the same the entire time so far...

PERHAPS, and this is purely hypothetical, they don't actually even know when to estimate it and when they have to "revise" it they just randomly pick a day that's about a week or two off. Because your order was more recent, they figured they are able to "estimate" longer for yours without you freaking out like I am.

I will say, I drive by the dealership twice a day and it's getting entertaining to look at all of the cars on the trucks to see if I see ours on it...
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

I just got the call. Right now.

And he wanted to ask me what exactly I wanted done with the car prior to taking delivery of it: paint treatment, wash, whatever.

I'm. So. Psyched. I'm like a little schoolgirl only much bigger and hairier. And without the skirt.

Only common trait between us all is the homelink mirror, so that's probably not the cause for the delay.

@etnpnys, congrats on the magical phone call. Does that mean your car arrived today?
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

Yea you have a point. It just sucks how they give early ETAs than the initial ETA and then they keep pushing it back. Setting wrong expectation is not good. It's like making me feel excited about the car coming in early then suddenly make me feel bad because it keeps getting delayed.

Anyway, what's the phone call all about? Did your car arrive today?

Yeah, but it would still be weird to me because they have tracked the same the entire time so far...

PERHAPS, and this is purely hypothetical, they don't actually even know when to estimate it and when they have to "revise" it they just randomly pick a day that's about a week or two off. Because your order was more recent, they figured they are able to "estimate" longer for yours without you freaking out like I am.

I will say, I drive by the dealership twice a day and it's getting entertaining to look at all of the cars on the trucks to see if I see ours on it...

This post of yours got me curious. So i called and my car is IN! time to go there to get them documents prepared. Finally!!!

I just got the call. Right now.

And he wanted to ask me what exactly I wanted done with the car prior to taking delivery of it: paint treatment, wash, whatever.

I'm. So. Psyched. I'm like a little schoolgirl only much bigger and hairier. And without the skirt.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats etnpnys, can't wait to see the pics. You get your car, I get to drop mine off at the dealer tonight until Saturday to get some free stuff they threw in done (zurich shield and security guard etchings). I feel like I'm dropping off one of my kids for a sleepover for the first time all over again...lol.

Hi everyone

I ordered my 2012 wrx 4-door wr blue on 3/28
    Got my VON 4/12 and eta month of June.... It's a long time to wait but at least it gives me time to sell my car

Frank, nice seeing you at the dealership this afternoon. i'll be back there tomorrow to pick up my car. have fun.

Frank, nice seeing you at the dealership this afternoon. i'll be back there tomorrow to pick up my car. have fun.
    You too!! Nice to put a face with a screen name...

And here is the obligatory horrible photo from my cell phone. You know what sucks? I've already scraped the front on a driveway! AAAAARRRRRRRRRGHH!!! Time to go shopping for that front spoiler...

Attachment 104159

i can't wait till i get mine tomorrow. here's mine:

i can't wait till i get mine tomorrow. here's mine:
    Seriously awesome. It's a lot of fun. Oh! I forgot to mention that I let the financing guy talk me into the 100k warranty. After I turned it down 3 times he gave it to me for a seriously negligible dollar amount so I capitulated. It's still the same monthly payment that I was expecting but I also got a better APR than I was expecting - so it was a wash.

Good deal.The guy i'm talking too kept pushing me to get the extended warranty.. but i declined it as i don't want to be waiting too long before i can mod the car. i plan to go stage 2 when warranty expires. as for the APR, i got good deal with them too. remember i went there to get the Purchase order so i can finalize the loan. but they said they'll try to beat the credit union. and they did. I'm happy so far with the APR i end up with.

Seriously awesome. It's a lot of fun. Oh! I forgot to mention that I let the financing guy talk me into the 100k warranty. After I turned it down 3 times he gave it to me for a seriously negligible dollar amount so I capitulated. It's still the same monthly payment that I was expecting but I also got a better APR than I was expecting - so it was a wash.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.