How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 17
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Haven't read the post of the dealers messing up the paintwork here yet, But I can assure you some do. ...

Haven't read the post of the dealers messing up the paintwork here yet, But I can assure you some do. I've been detailing for quite a few years and have had plenty of new cars come to me with wonderful dealer installed swirls and holograms. When i ordered my 12' sti I made sure they knew not to touch the car besides putting it in the lot, do take the plastic off and not to drill any holes or add any dealer stickers. The sales person wrote it all on the order form.

Etnpnys if you could get them not to prep it that would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by toyotabb View Post
    Haven't read the post of the dealers messing up the paintwork here yet, But I can assure you some do. I've been detailing for quite a few years and have had plenty of new cars come to me with wonderful dealer installed swirls and holograms. When i ordered my 12' sti I made sure they knew not to touch the car besides putting it in the lot, do take the plastic off and not to drill any holes or add any dealer stickers. The sales person wrote it all on the order form.

Etnpnys if you could get them not to prep it that would be great.
    What about just being picky about the warranty? If they screw up my paint, they need to fix it.

...Right?

Paint failure is covered in most warranties. So if they did indeed mess it up they should have to fix it, granted you notice it before you take delivery. If you came back a week later cause you noticed swirls or scratches you'd probably have to battle them to get it fixed, But that all depends of their level of customer service.

Does anybody have any pix of what to look for? I mean, I know what orange peel looks like, and I know what swirls look like. But I also know that a certain level of those is considered perfectly normal.

Any direction on what to look for to know that it's too much?

And peekeesh: that Opti stuff looks crazy... is that really necessary?

I know I probably sound like a whiner. I'm seriously not - it's just that I had my last car for over 9 years and put 215,000 miles on it. I think I waxed it ONCE. Mechanical maintenance was always held up regularly, and it was garaged both at home and at work, and the only time it saw the sun was when I was driving home from work. The paint was still in good shape after all of those miles, but obviously I had evidence of my commute on the hood, bumper, headlights, etc. I just don't know what level of concern is healthy and what level is overboard.

@toyotabb, i don't exactly remember where i read it. But i was researching opti-coat and been through several forums. And i think i remember reading about brand new cars have marring or paint imperfection due to dealer prepping the paint. like what you mentioned, swirls and holograms.

@etnpnys, not really necessary. i just prefer to apply opti-coat as my car won't be garaged So i'm hoping it will help with preserving the car paint.

opticoating 13 months results by detailien - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

20 ways you waste money on your car - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Dang that top thread is a difficult read. I can't actually tell if he's comparing two different cars half the time... Anyway, the product looks pretty solid for $60. Have you done it yet on anything you own?

Hi everyone! This is my first ClubWRX.Net post...YEAHHH! I just made the deposit for my 2012 WRX sedan in Dark Gray Metallic on March 30th. My sales rep told me that it was due the first week of April. I am going crazy waitig and it's only been 12 days. I have not received a VIN #, just a confirmation number showing that I made a deposit for the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Dang that top thread is a difficult read. I can't actually tell if he's comparing two different cars half the time... Anyway, the product looks pretty solid for $60. Have you done it yet on anything you own?
    No, i haven't. this is going to be the first. I already have the opti-coat and now i'm waiting for the car One of the members here, Methodical4u, used this product and so far he's happy about it.

My new 2012 WRX prep and opti-coat

anyway, i hope Brandon will call us within the week and tell us our car is ready for pickup. can't wait!!!!

@etnpnys, those are some good links that peekeesh posted. I have applied opticoat and a few other products of the like to customer cars but none of mines. Its a great product that can take alot of abuse. For my cars they get cleaned weekly and waxed 2 times a month. And sealant under a few coats of wax in the winter months. Ill post some pics of my cars paint finish from day one and from 2 years later. I go for the shine vs the longevity of products on my cars.

@peekeesh, Good links you posted. There are lots of complaints of marring from the dealership on the detail forums. Opticoat is a good choice for you if your not garaging the car. Its a good choice overall. Id do my cars but besides cleaning my cars, I use them to test out new products on. I hoping your car comes as soon as well as mines. The wait is killer!!

update ETA is moved up from May to 4/26....not much difference.

2012 ISM WRX Base

I Support ClubWRX
    I ordered my SWP 2012 WRX Limited back in February.... Still nothing not even a VIN# I spoke to the dealership last week and the sales rep told me they're expecting a shipment to come in soon but he doesn't want to make any promises. I want my damn car already

Quote Originally Posted by STORMTRP2012 View Post
    I ordered my SWP 2012 WRX Limited back in February.... Still nothing not even a VIN# I spoke to the dealership last week and the sales rep told me they're expecting a shipment to come in soon but he doesn't want to make any promises. I want my damn car already
    lol Which dealership?

Do you have your order number at all? I would call SOA - even if you only have your name, you might be able to get a better status from them. From what I know, the dealership really doesn't know much until the car shows up...
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I spoke to my salesman on Friday. He is a Lexus salesman primarily, but I got the car through him and the Subaru dealer in his family of dealerships. He said he would get back to me today or tomorrow, and that he should at least have the VIN.

CAN'T WAIT!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Ramsey Subaru, NJ. I just got off the phone with SOA I have an order number and a VIN, which means it's close I had a few questions for the rep regarding port installed parts he's going to get back to me according to the order there was nothing listed for port install no bueno I asked for a ton of add-ons. The rep said he would call the sales manager and get back to me asap.

^^ yeah maybe in a month you'll get the car. Congrats!

Got my vin on 3/31, salesman said my car will be arriving on 04/13 but it didn't. Hopefully it will be in this week.