How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? - Page 12
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How many of you still have you WRX/STI on order? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; My Red WRX 4-Door is on order. The good news is that the dealer called the other day, saying it ...

My Red WRX 4-Door is on order. The good news is that the dealer called the other day, saying it will be in by mid-April, roughly 4 weeks early!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mxo29 View Post
    Just got her yesterday 6 weeks and 6 days....so much better then i ever imagined it would be!
    Congrats! Love the color!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    She has arrived!!! Its awesome. The wait was painful, but it was worth it. Obligatory crappy cell phone pics below.
    Those are actually good pics for a cell phone........that's a sharp lookin' ride! Congrats.

Ordered mine on 1/31, just got the VIN on 3/24... ETA to the dealership is 4/19.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats Mxo29
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

Congrats!
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Ordered a PBP WRX base with Short Shifter on 3/5. I Was told it would take 4-5 weeks. Called today (3/26) and dealer did not have an ETA. I asked about the VON and the salesman said it should have been on a order confirmation form they gave us. I told him it was not there, then he told me that Subaru doesn't use Vehicle Order Numbers, they just provide a VIN. The dealer had no problem offering a Premium model for more money. The buying process was going like butter up until now. My wife totalled her car which is why we are buying a new car. We are renting a car right now, so being left in the dark sucks.
    Last edited by conchobar; 03-26-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conchobar View Post
    Ordered a PBP WRX base with Short Shifter on 3/5. I Was told it would take 4-5 weeks. Called today (3/26) and dealer did not have an ETA. I asked about the VON and the salesman said it should have been on a order confirmation form they gave us. I told him it was not there, then he told me that Subaru doesn't use Vehicle Order Numbers, they just provide a VIN. The dealer had no problem offering a Premium model for more money. The buying process was going like butter up until now. My wife totalled her car which is why we are buying a new car. We are renting a car right now, so being left in the dark sucks.
    E-mail SoA to get your VON.

https://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools/contact-us.html

that's what i did and one of their reps e-mailed me the VON. Try asking them about the ETA too. Maybe they can give it to you. I didn't ask them that info yet so I couldn't tell you if that info is available or not.
    Last edited by peekeesh; 03-26-2012 at 12:18 PM.

I just got off the phone with Subaru of America. They were able to confirm my order, but had not issued a VON yet. I asked for a typical timeframe and they said anywhere from 4 weeks to 12 weeks. The rep stated that cars are built in batches with cars of similar color and options. He told me to expect 8-12 weeks. I put $1000 down and am now debating whether it would be cheaper to just bail on the order and buy a completely different car, as the rental fees will add up greater than the deposit if I have to forfeit it. My insurance company will only pay up until April 9th.

Wifey and I have to talk things over. The same car as ours is due at the dealer any day now, but its a premium package vs the base that we ordered. If my wife really wants the car, then we will demand a fair price and buy it, if not most likely, walk away from the base we ordered and contemplate the Lancer Ralliart, Mustang V6, or God Forbid the Buick Verano (Wifey liked the interior).

Quote Originally Posted by conchobar View Post
    I just got off the phone with Subaru of America. They were able to confirm my order, but had not issued a VON yet. I asked for a typical timeframe and they said anywhere from 4 weeks to 12 weeks. The rep stated that cars are built in batches with cars of similar color and options. He told me to expect 8-12 weeks. I put $1000 down and am now debating whether it would be cheaper to just bail on the order and buy a completely different car, as the rental fees will add up greater than the deposit if I have to forfeit it. My insurance company will only pay up until April 9th.

Wifey and I have to talk things over. The same car as ours is due at the dealer any day now, but its a premium package vs the base that we ordered. If my wife really wants the car, then we will demand a fair price and buy it, if not most likely, walk away from the base we ordered and contemplate the Lancer Ralliart, Mustang V6, or God Forbid the Buick Verano (Wifey liked the interior).
    Your deposit should be completely refundable. It sounds like this is a case of the salesman not properly establishing your expectations. I ordered mine on 2/28 and I have HOPE but not expectations that the car will be here before May.

Sent via TapaTalk2 on my EVO4G
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I had 2 friends that ordered WRX's from this one dealer. My friends told me they were able to receive Factory Invoice price. Now that I have ordered my car, the sales rep told me they discontinued selling at Factory Invoice and that their policies have changed. He stated that he will still try to get me a good deal for me by giving me more for my trade in to even out the paid price.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by vuskeedoo View Post
    I had 2 friends that ordered WRX's from this one dealer. My friends told me they were able to receive Factory Invoice price. Now that I have ordered my car, the sales rep told me they discontinued selling at Factory Invoice and that their policies have changed. He stated that he will still try to get me a good deal for me by giving me more for my trade in to even out the paid price.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
    When did you talk to this salesman? I sent a referral to my salesman and he told me that he would take care of my friends the same way he took care of me (a little under invoice, and all options at invoice price).

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    When did you talk to this salesman? I sent a referral to my salesman and he told me that he would take care of my friends the same way he took care of me (a little under invoice, and all options at invoice price).
    I spoke with him on the phone when I ordered it. While on the phone I asked how much it would be. He kept on saying we will go over it once the car comes in. I've called other dealerships and they also said they can do factory invoice price. When I told him that he said, a lot of dealerships say that, but will make you pay additional fees(extra options, more fees, etc.). I am thinking to myself, why wouldn't he do the same to me? I called him yesterday to give me some sort of quote so I can get my finances together. He told me he will try to throw something together.

What I am concerned about is that the other sales reps at other dealers were more than happy to send me the Factory invoice quote. Which is making me not trust this guy, even though he helped out my other friends.

I spoke with him on the phone when I ordered it. While on the phone I asked how much it would be. He kept on saying we will go over it once the car comes in. I've called other dealerships and they also said they can do factory invoice price. When I told him that he said, a lot of dealerships say that, but will make you pay additional fees(extra options, more fees, etc.). I am thinking to myself, why wouldn't he do the same to me? I called him yesterday to give me some sort of quote so I can get my finances together. He told me he will try to throw something together.

What I am concerned about is that the other sales reps at other dealers were more than happy to send me the Factory invoice quote. Which is making me not trust this guy, even though he helped out my other friends.
    All you're going to be able to get from him anyway is a verbal agreement. But if I were in your shoes, I'm walking to another dealer. He's refusing to give you the time of day ("We'll figure out the money AFTER the car comes in"?!? "I'll TRY to put something together"!?!?) and he's using scare tactics to keep you with him ("Those OTHER dealerships are going to add more fees than I will"). That's a load of BS.

Again: all you're going to be able to do is get a verbal agreement. So tell this guy you don't appreciate the lack of attention he's giving you and go to the other dealerships and simply ASK THEM if there are any more fees on top of what they are quoting you!! You're only going to be able to take them at their word anyway. At this point, you have nothing to go off of but your impression of their integrity.

EDIT: Don't be a jerk about it, but be honest. That's all you want from him after all. Just simply do it in the name of maybe giving him a few tips on bedside manner.

I can understand and agree with your apprehension. It really shouldn't be that hard for him to throw some numbers together for you over the phone, should only take a few minutes. He may be busy or whatever but you are the one buying the car...if you are asking for numbers then he should make the effort to give them to you. I made sure to confirm with my salesman what my final price would be before the car came in, I didn't want to go to pick it up and then have them throw a curveball my way and tell me "hey, we can easily find another buyer, you want the car or not?"
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"