About to order 2012 WRX Base....Some last minute questions.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on About to order 2012 WRX Base....Some last minute questions. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guy, I'm new to this forums and it has so far been my favorite Subaru forums out of the ...

About to order 2012 WRX Base....Some last minute questions.

Hey guy, I'm new to this forums and it has so far been my favorite Subaru forums out of the bunch. I'll try to keep things short. I am about to put down a deposit to order a 2012 WRX 5 door base. They are giving me invoice pricing ($24,117) and on top of that is the delivery fee ($750) and half the dealer fee ($445). There were a few options that he showed me at invoice pricing that I'm interested and not sure if I need. The first that I want is the fog lights which are ($290) and the second is the short throw shifter ($280). My questions are below:

1) Does this look to be good pricing for the car? And what about the accessories?

2) Is the short throw shifter from Subaru better then the one from Kartboy in refference to get a smother shifting and not that rubbery feel, or am I confusing two different things? **Is the bushing changed with that as well? Someone please clarify.

3)Are there any other options that I should opt for from the beginning?

Thanks in advance for your help and am really looking forward to being a fellow Subi owner

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Seems somewhat high, but not terrible. TrueCar lists the base for 25,024 where I live. Did you request on line price quotes from other dealers in your area?

You should ask to get the options at invoice.

From what I've read, the Kartboy STS is better, but I haven't tried it. You order the bushings separately.

You may want to get the roof bars if you plan to be carrying stuff on the roof. Particularly if you can get them at invoice.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just buy the car, getting accessories with interest may sound good now, but if you need to sell your now used car those are worthless add ons that your paying interest on.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    I think its a good price.Although that dealer fee sounds ridiculous.

$290 is a good price for the fog lights.I got mine for $320 after I bought the car.

OEM Shortthrow comes with linkages,which is why it is pricier than aftermarket.Haven't had or tried the factory SS,but I love my Kartboy with bushings.As mentioned you will have to order the SPT bushings.

And yes,like Torque mentioned you don't want to be paying interest on options.The only option I got with the car was an arm rest extender.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

@eviltwin I actually thought the price was pretty good. They are giving it to me at invoice which is $24,100 and the normal destination of $750 for a price of $24,910. The TrueCar in my area came out to $25,024 so I think I'm getting a better deal than that.

@T0rque That is what I'm trying to do is getting the most base model possible and that is why I'm ordering it. However I am getting invoice pricing for these parts so I thought it would be better to get them now so I don't have to pay for install. The fog lights are normally $380 but I am getting them for $290 instead for example. But my main point was with the short throw shifter from Subaru if it was worth getting. I was planning to do the Kartboy STS and bushings from the beginning but wanted to know if the Subaru one was preferred? Which is the ideal route. Lastly, I am fronting the money for any extra parts I put on the car because I don't plan to finance those things. I have a set monthly price in mind. I don't want to get eaten up by the interest and end up paying $600 for a STS

@rage-wrx Yeah unfortunately here in South Florida the dealers are insane with their dealer fees(thats why I usually buy used). Their dealer fee is actually $800 but they pretty much cut it in half for me although I am going to fight them a bit more to bring it down. A question about your fog lights, was that $320 installed price or just for the part?

Thanks in advance for your responses

I Support ClubWRX
    $320 for the part with shipping.I installed them myself.The car is prewired.You just have to change the stalk & put in the projectors.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

@rage-wrx how bout the arm rest extender. Was it worth it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbathewhat View Post
    @rage-wrx how bout the arm rest extender. Was it worth it?
    oh yes.The arm rest extender is great.It lets you rest your arm between shifts.Very useful for city driving.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Any other additions worth while getting from the get go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Skip the OE shifter. Aftermarket is leaps/bounds better, and cheaper.

I like the armrest extension. Some people hate it. Go to the dealership and look at cars with both.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

@EJ257 Looks like I will skip it and get the Kartboy shifter. In reference to the extension, there are no dealers around me with a WRX for me to see. But my previous two cars would extend forward and I liked it so I guess I might opt for that.

How much do the arm rest extenders go for? Also are the fog lights worth it?

I Support ClubWRX
    The fog lights are not great.They are just called fog lights,although I don't see much through fog with them.

I changed the bulbs,tinted them yellow & aimed them better and they are a lot better now.But in stock form they are mainly useless.

You do not have many other options for fog lights.A great guy called Weasel adapted the stock fog light housing to accommodate aftermarket fogs & he says they are great.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    The NEW armrest extender (08+) is rad. 02-07 armrest extender is ****.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks for the heads up T0rque. What I take from this thread is I will get the fogs and extender but not the STS.

@Rage-WRX how much did you pay for your extender and was it at invoice price?

I Support ClubWRX
    I think I paid about $100.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.