2011 or 2012 WRX LIMITED - $1,500 DIFFERENCE IN PRICE. WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 or 2012 WRX LIMITED -

,500 DIFFERENCE IN PRICE. WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi. Went to the Subaru dealership last week. I talked to the saleman about purchasing a 2011 silver wrx limited ...

2011 or 2012 WRX LIMITED - $1,500 DIFFERENCE IN PRICE. WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY?

Hi. Went to the Subaru dealership last week. I talked to the saleman about purchasing a 2011 silver wrx limited sedan. MSRP is 30,075. They offered to take $1250 off the price, and give me $13,500 for my 2009 Civic Si with 46000 miles on it, basically the same thing as giving me $14750 for my Civic Si. Kelly's Blue Book price for the civic is $15,500, Edmunds is about $15,100. With trade in, the price would be $15,125 plus tax.

I discussed purchasing a 2012 silver ice wrx limited. Basically, the salesman told me he would not give me $1250 off of the MSRP, and he'd give me $13,500 for my trade.
    The MSRP for the 2012 is about $100 more, so I'd be buying one year newer, 2012, for $1350 more.

The salesman told me that for resale value, the one year difference doesn't matter. I'd have a 2011 with lower miles or a 2012 with higher miles. I don't know that that's true.

What would you do, buy the 2011 or 2012?

There is also a black five door wrx base model for 26,300. What car would be better for resale? Seems like the only difference between the base and limited is all weather pkg, sunroof, and leather interior.

I'm in the Syracuse area. There are not a lot of wrx's here. The silver 2011 was the last one on the lot. It seems like I should be able to get more off of the 2011.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's up to you on what car you want. If you fit good in the car with a sunroof go for it. I personally don't like moonroofs. As for the year newer car.. Yes resale value absolutely does matter.. In the end that car is a year newer regardless of miles.. Just see for yourself.. How much is a 2008 civic Si worth with your miles vs your 2009?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

It depends how long you plan to keep the car. If you keep it for 10 yrs, 2011 vs 2012 won't make a big difference. But if you sell it after only a few yrs, it absolutely will.

Agree with Torque about deciding which car you want. I knew I wanted leather and HID headlights, so the Limited was an easy decision for me. But not everyone likes leather interiors and moonroofs.

Thanks, everyone. Just an update - I used truecar.com to get pricing for the 2012 ice silver wrx limited. It came back with a price of $28,772 (msrp was 30,200). This price was through the dealership I was negotiating with.
    Turns out because I asked for internet pricing, they have to honor it, so I ended up buying the 2012 for $25 more than the 2011 silver wrx limited. They gave me the same price for my trade in, $13,500. I still dealt with the same salesman. It worked out well! I'm getting it tomorrow.

Yo I got a sedan 2011 price was 28 k I got it for 25 k otd becuz I had 3 dealer ships comparing prices I got a 2y009 civic si too

I just picked up a 2012 WRX Limited in ICE Silver as well

First off stop using KBB as your only source for pricing. You need to look on NADA.com and Edmunds.com for more accurate pricing.

If you're planning to sell the car within 5 years, definitely go with the Limited since it'll maintain its value and desirability much more than a base model.

You also need to separate out things. The salesman is doing the classic thing of combining the trade-in with the new car price. First set a trade-in value that's fair, then negotiate the purchase price separately.

Last thing I'll say is to ignore MSRP and focus on invoice. MSRP is really a meaningless value and the price over invoice is what matters.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.