A questions about the invoice price of the WRX Limited

This is a discussion on A questions about the invoice price of the WRX Limited within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; When I ordered my car it just so happens that they had one in port already that they ordered which ...

A questions about the invoice price of the WRX Limited

When I ordered my car it just so happens that they had one in port already that they ordered which happened to be Blue and was the WRX Limited. I snatch it up before anyone else could and put $500 down. The salesman offers me 300 over invoice so I figure its good because they gotta make something off of it and I can put that 500 towards the total when it gets here. The invoice price is 28,xxx but thats just a ball park guess so I figure its got some extras that they ordered that he doesn't know about. Not until the car gets there at least. I have checked online for the invoice price of a 2011 WRX Limited and its at 27,309. I figure it has to have some extras since he guesses the invoice price is at around 28,xxx. He says he won't know until he gets the actual invoice but I was thinking... Should they know what the invoice price would be even if they added extras to it. I mean there the dealership. I have these 2 weeks ahead and all I can think about is this car, and the facts. Since I didn't order the car myself I can see there being extras and raising the invoice price up. If thats the case I don't mind paying the price of the car @ 28,xxx but maybe 300 Under invoice. I don't know but I will find out soon. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i was a salesman for 2 years and all i can tell you is take anything that any employee of a dealership tells you with a grain of salt. especially your salesman. not saying he's a bad guy or he's lying to you but lets just say he has his best interests in mind not yours.

the 28xxx price is probably invoice + delivery/destination.

i would say if that price really does include delivery then that is a good deal. the most important thing is if your satisified with the price then go for it. if your not then try for a better price.

Quote Originally Posted by Morelman View Post
    i was a salesman for 2 years and all i can tell you is take anything that any employee of a dealership tells you with a grain of salt. especially your salesman. not saying he's a bad guy or he's lying to you but lets just say he has his best interests in mind not yours.

the 28xxx price is probably invoice + delivery/destination.

i would say if that price really does include delivery then that is a good deal. the most important thing is if your satisified with the price then go for it. if your not then try for a better price.
    Yeah I feel pretty good about it. its only about 1600 higher than the invoice price I've gotten from three sources online (all three were 27,309) But I will see when it gets here.

so the price your getting is $28900? the best invoice price i could find on a wrx limited including destination is $28309. so if it shows up with no options then id ask for a little off and try to get as close to $283xx as possible. but either way i think your getting a pretty good deal esp considering most dealerships cant even keep these cars on the lot. good luck with the purchase!

Thank you Morelman. It makes more since now. I can't wait

I ordered the WRX WRB Limited and this was my my final quote from my sales man:

28,034.00 WRX Limited Wagon in blue
    127.00 Auto Dimming mirror
    39.00 All weather matts
    100.00 Arm rest extender
    130.00 Roof carrier cross bars
    28,430.00 Invoice price
    - 500.00 Discount
    27,930.00 Your sales price

I felt like I got a pretty good deal. Good luck with your purchase. you will love this car. I know I do.
    -Mitigate