A questions about the invoice price of the WRX Limited
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A questions about the invoice price of the WRX Limited within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; When I ordered my car it just so happens that they had one in port already that they ordered which ...

A questions about the invoice price of the WRX Limited

When I ordered my car it just so happens that they had one in port already that they ordered which happened to be Blue and was the WRX Limited. I snatch it up before anyone else could and put $500 down. The salesman offers me 300 over invoice so I figure its good because they gotta make something off of it and I can put that 500 towards the total when it gets here. The invoice price is 28,xxx but thats just a ball park guess so I figure its got some extras that they ordered that he doesn't know about. Not until the car gets there at least. I have checked online for the invoice price of a 2011 WRX Limited and its at 27,309. I figure it has to have some extras since he guesses the invoice price is at around 28,xxx. He says he won't know until he gets the actual invoice but I was thinking... Should they know what the invoice price would be even if they added extras to it. I mean there the dealership. I have these 2 weeks ahead and all I can think about is this car, and the facts. Since I didn't order the car myself I can see there being extras and raising the invoice price up. If thats the case I don't mind paying the price of the car @ 28,xxx but maybe 300 Under invoice. I don't know but I will find out soon. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i was a salesman for 2 years and all i can tell you is take anything that any employee of a dealership tells you with a grain of salt. especially your salesman. not saying he's a bad guy or he's lying to you but lets just say he has his best interests in mind not yours.

the 28xxx price is probably invoice + delivery/destination.

i would say if that price really does include delivery then that is a good deal. the most important thing is if your satisified with the price then go for it. if your not then try for a better price.

Quote Originally Posted by Morelman View Post
    i was a salesman for 2 years and all i can tell you is take anything that any employee of a dealership tells you with a grain of salt. especially your salesman. not saying he's a bad guy or he's lying to you but lets just say he has his best interests in mind not yours.

the 28xxx price is probably invoice + delivery/destination.

i would say if that price really does include delivery then that is a good deal. the most important thing is if your satisified with the price then go for it. if your not then try for a better price.
    Yeah I feel pretty good about it. its only about 1600 higher than the invoice price I've gotten from three sources online (all three were 27,309) But I will see when it gets here.

so the price your getting is $28900? the best invoice price i could find on a wrx limited including destination is $28309. so if it shows up with no options then id ask for a little off and try to get as close to $283xx as possible. but either way i think your getting a pretty good deal esp considering most dealerships cant even keep these cars on the lot. good luck with the purchase!

Thank you Morelman. It makes more since now. I can't wait

I ordered the WRX WRB Limited and this was my my final quote from my sales man:

28,034.00 WRX Limited Wagon in blue
    127.00 Auto Dimming mirror
    39.00 All weather matts
    100.00 Arm rest extender
    130.00 Roof carrier cross bars
    28,430.00 Invoice price
    - 500.00 Discount
    27,930.00 Your sales price

I felt like I got a pretty good deal. Good luck with your purchase. you will love this car. I know I do.
    -Mitigate

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.