Which 2011 WRX options :cool:

This is a discussion on Which 2011 WRX options :cool: within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Curious about a few options I'd consider when buying a new 2011 WRX base. The SHort throw shifter: Who has ...

Which 2011 WRX options :cool:

Curious about a few options I'd consider when buying a new 2011 WRX base.

The SHort throw shifter: Who has it, and how do you like it? MAybe some of you had the original shift setup and then upgraded later? Besides shorter throws, are shifts still smooth, or perhaps more notchy?

Suspension options: The SPT lower chassis brace, and the front SPT Strut Tower Brace. Anyone have an opinion?

Everything other option I feel I can live without. Are there any MUST have options now that you guys have been driving the 11s for a little while?

Trying to figure out whats worth the extra cheese.

thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the Kartboy and now the SPT shifter, get the Kartboy. It's cheaper and has shorter throws. If you want crisper feel, get the bushings too, which makes things just a bit notchier, but not much.

Forget the strut tower brace, nothing but bling, no performance increase. The lower brace is something you get after upgrading all the other suspension pieces. You want to improve handling, start with replacing all the chassis bushings with polyurethane replacements.

The fact is nothing SPT branded is better than other aftermarket options, and always cost more.

Maybe the SPT boost gauge?, good to know what's going on there.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nello
    The SHort throw shifter: Who has it, and how do you like it? MAybe some of you had the original shift setup and then upgraded later? Besides shorter throws, are shifts still smooth, or perhaps more notchy?
    I'm not impressed with the OEM short throws I've had the chance of trying; I've never tried a GR one, but any of the GDs left me wanting more. I have a Kartboy shifter with their bushings as well as the pivot / shift linkage bushings from TiC, and I feel that's the way the car should have come from the factory. Everyone who has gone through the gears on my car has liked the feel and many have bought the remaining parts they didn't have.

Here's the setup I have:
    http://turninconcepts.com/product_in...products_id=92

Cheaper than OEM, shorter throws than OEM, better feel than OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by nello
    Suspension options: The SPT lower chassis brace, and the front SPT Strut Tower Brace. Anyone have an opinion?
    I have no experience with the lower chassis brace. The front strut tower brace will provide minimal gain, and is mostly "bling"
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I have the factry short throw in my 2011, Its pretty good. I'v driven my friends 2011 with the standard shifter, the short throw is worlds better.

I have the Subaru short throw, I hope. It was a week between my test drive and when I picked up the car. The shifter was installed at the stealership. To be honest, I can't see a dramatic difference in shifter feel. It shifts fine. I have no experience with short throws. It is hard to tell a week apart. Is the short throw for the WRX the same as the STI? Should the color of the shaft be gold as some posts have stated?

I purchased the car at a dealer 70 miles from home. I was thinking of going to the local Subaru dealer and compare the throw length with a car without it. I wish I would have asked for the original shifter, the thought did cross my mind. Not that a car dealer would do anything dishonest, like letting me pay for something that wasn't installed.

I will be using the local dealership for service, maybe they can confirm that it has been installed when I get my first oil change.