Most questions about a used subaru.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Most questions about a used subaru. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys im looking for purchase a used WRX with 20k-30k miles on it from a dealer. Now correct me ...

Most questions about a used subaru.

Hey guys im looking for purchase a used WRX with 20k-30k miles on it from a dealer. Now correct me on anything if im wrong but from what i understand the WRX is know to have a pretty weak tranny when it comes to abuse. My goal is to buy a solid WRX that was treated nicely, and will hopefully treat me nicely for the years that i have it.

So here are my questions =) When im test driving a WRX, how do i tell that it has a used out transmission? Also would the WRX last long and be a reliable car assuming that i never launch hard like most teenagers do from a WRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1. Find a car as close to stock as possible. Mods indicate a greater probability of abuse.
    2. If the car looks like it has been beaten on, it probably has. Even interior wear may be an indication of a pattern or poor upkeep on the vehicle.
    3. Test drive the car. At low speed, such as 20mph, put the car in 4th. Does the car accelerate slowly but steadily, or do the RPM's climb quickly without much acceleration? (The latter is a sign of clutch wear, which at 10k-20k miles would indicate abuse.)
    4. If you're concerned, you can have an independent mechanic check out the car & it won't cost you as much as the piece of mind would be worth.
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.