My dilemma...need advice fast

This is a discussion on My dilemma...need advice fast within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Okay, here's the quick and dirty on two cars I'm lookin at buying. Of course I'm only able to afford ...

My dilemma...need advice fast

Okay, here's the quick and dirty on two cars I'm lookin at buying. Of course I'm only able to afford one, but not sure which. Need advice, as it's my first WRX, more specifically, 2002 WRX Wagon:

Vehicle A:

- 94,000kms (58,750 miles)
    - Excellent condition, save for a few marks, I consider normal for a 2002 vehicle, no rust
    - Well looked after, all fluids changed, incl. rear diff., at 60,000kms (37,500 miles)
    - He's the second owner, who bought it from Subaru dealer as Certified Pre-Owned with warranty
    - Always dealer maintained
    - 6 months left on warranty
    - New tires, and new brake pads all around
    - No accidents
    -$12,000

Vehicle B:

- 138,000kms (86,250 miles)
    - Very good condition, 2 inch rust spot along rear wheel well, 3 inch diameter dent on the front of the hood (looks like something fell on it)
    - From a dealer, and vehicle history sheet shows it as having had 3 previous owners
    - Engine shows a little neglect (rust and oxidation)
    - Runs great, starts right away, no strange sounds
    - 3 month warranty
    - No accidents
    -$11,000

Now, at first glance, it almost seems like a no brainer. Vehicle 1 was certified by Subaru, still has 6 months of warranty (with road side assistance), and was always dealer maintained.
    But here's the kicker....vehicle A....is an automatic.

The thought of driving a car like that without being able to change gears manually, seems sacrilegious. But everybody else wants 15000-18000 bucks, and I haven't got that kinda scratch. I've been looking for about a month, now, on a daily basis, and it's going to be one or the other, this Saturday!

So...what do I do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Keep looking.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    So...what do I do?
    Nothing.

Buy a car you want, not one you don't. Ideally, you'll find a single-owner car with full service history, no modifications or imitation (aftermarket or unauthorized) parts, and if you're luckier still a valid extended warranty (a service contract from the dealer, really). Shoot for that, see how close you can get.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

DUB
    buy them both and then crash together to make one über car

Hurry up and buy either one, then regret it later because it's not what you want, then sell it for a loss and eventually by the one you want, learning a life lesson in the process because it's hard to learn lessons by word of mouth, and then live happily ever after. Oh, wait...that was me.

When it all comes down to it, you will know when you find the one you want. If you're unsure about it, then chances are you should put it down and walk away and continue looking.

There is no reason to spend that sort of money on something that you don't have your heart set on.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

You could be cool like me and go with vehicle A.

I have Vehicle A , (hit 81k today), I how ever am ok with Vehicle A because I have broken my left knee 4 times. Driving with a clutch is excruciating after 15 minutes. I am trying to make it ok with myself by attempting to build it into the fastest automatic on the east cost.

We could see who hits 500 wheel hp first lol.
    Evos make eight pound six ounce baby jesus cry...

vintage '02 bug eyes died in clifton VA *tear*

08 WRB WRX is now ftw.

K, you know what...you guys all suck!

NOW, before you pull out the pitch forks, and flaming torches, let me explain.

Bottom line, you guys are right. I should wait. Now, thanks to your advice, I will NOT be purchasing a WRX this weekend.
    Instead, I'm going to keeping looking, and eventually, the right one will come along. For now, I'll continue to drive my 99 Legacy with the "bounce kingdom" rear shocks. Guess I'll have to get those replaced now, huh?
    But you know how it is...first WRX, all excited, want it now now now.
    Seriously tho, thanks for making me second guess my decision. Although it was not the answer I was looking for, it was the right one.

theres no rush on buying a wrx. there are alot out there just wait for the right one. you dont wanna buy one just because its cheaper now and it only last you 3 months and the motors blown because the 3 idiots that owned it before you raced it modded it with out tunning it and ruined all your internals.

its a waiting game now, i know it sucks trust me i didnt have a car of my own for almost 8 months just because i was looking for a wrx(and because i have no money for about 5 of thoose months haha) just wait it out youll find the right car

goodluck.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Well, I know I never waited, per se, but I did decide not to buy car A or B (see original post)
    However, I found THE car!
    2002 WRX Wagon, WRC Blue, no mods, lady driven (teacher), 81000kms (52000 miles), original owner, garage stored, no rust, and STANDARD! All for $2000 more then the third hand, slight rust, POS I was looking at originally. (phew!)
    Thanks for the wake up call, guys. Had I been in Ottawa, looking at the other car, I would not have found this one.

Very excited, pick up the car Monday!

DUB
    Well, I know I never waited, per se, but I did decide not to buy car A or B (see original post)
    2002 WRX Wagon, WRC Blue, no mods, lady driven (teacher), 81000kms (52000 miles), original owner, garage stored, no rust, and STANDARD! All for $2000 more then the third hand, slight rust, POS I was looking at originally. (phew!)
    Thanks for the wake up call, guys. Had I been in Ottawa, looking at the other car, I would not have found this one.

Well done, my friend and congratulations. Now stick around and you may learn a few more things.

congrats! see, finding the right car isn't hard, it just takes time.
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"