Okay, here's the quick and dirty on two cars I'm lookin at buying. Of course I'm only able to afford one, but not sure which. Need advice, as it's my first WRX, more specifically, 2002 WRX Wagon:
- 94,000kms (58,750 miles)
- Excellent condition, save for a few marks, I consider normal for a 2002 vehicle, no rust
- Well looked after, all fluids changed, incl. rear diff., at 60,000kms (37,500 miles)
- He's the second owner, who bought it from Subaru dealer as Certified Pre-Owned with warranty
- Always dealer maintained
- 6 months left on warranty
- New tires, and new brake pads all around
- No accidents
- 138,000kms (86,250 miles)
- Very good condition, 2 inch rust spot along rear wheel well, 3 inch diameter dent on the front of the hood (looks like something fell on it)
- From a dealer, and vehicle history sheet shows it as having had 3 previous owners
- Engine shows a little neglect (rust and oxidation)
- Runs great, starts right away, no strange sounds
- 3 month warranty
- No accidents
Now, at first glance, it almost seems like a no brainer. Vehicle 1 was certified by Subaru, still has 6 months of warranty (with road side assistance), and was always dealer maintained.
But here's the kicker....vehicle A....is an automatic.
The thought of driving a car like that without being able to change gears manually, seems sacrilegious. But everybody else wants 15000-18000 bucks, and I haven't got that kinda scratch. I've been looking for about a month, now, on a daily basis, and it's going to be one or the other, this Saturday!
So...what do I do?