I need a little help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I need a little help within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am looking for some advice.. I just put down a payment for a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4D. ...

I need a little help

I am looking for some advice..

I just put down a payment for a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4D. Its in great condition and drives well.. The only thing is, it has 94,000 miles on it..

My question is.. I payed $12,000 for it, do you feel I got ripped off? thats a good deal? or average? Please give me some feedback..

Also how long do 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4D normally last for (miles wise)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Used Car Value - Subaru Impreza-4 Cyl.-AWD Sedan 4D WRX (5 Spd./AT)

I'd say no, and drive them with care and they can last 200k+ miles
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Thank you

it should be ok and a good runner as longs as the previous owner didnt beat the living hell out of it. i bought a 02 wrx with 94k on it and a mounth later the motor blew. cracked piston spun rod bearing and crank out of round. my new motor as of today has about 14k on it.

Its been one owner, and she treated it well..

Hope that doesnt happen to me.. dont have the $$ for that

I Support ClubWRX
    It's high miles for sure.

What kind of maintance receipts does she have? If she doesnt have any I'd recommend that you see if she will split the cost for the 90k miles service. Which is timing belt (main thing) and a few other small things. I'd also have them toss in a new oil pump while they are doing this.

Also you might want to spend a few bucks and have a Subaru mechanic look over the car to make sure it's in good running condition.

With that being said...no reason you shouldnt be able to get 150-200k out of the drivetrain if it's been treated properly.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.