Need help need new car

This is a discussion on Need help need new car within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am in NJ and I am looking to get rid of my 1999 civic si because I want a ...

Need help need new car

I am in NJ and I am looking to get rid of my 1999 civic si because I want a sti. I owe money on the civic stil and don't have a lot of cash to pay it off. My question is that will I have to find a sti at a dealership to buy so I can finance it? And should I try and sell my civic or what should I do. I have only had this civic for 5months. Its a great car but I want a sti now. I used to have a wrx that was sweet but I had to get outta it cuz it just wasn't what I wanted. Everything revolved around a 2.5swap and I would rather have the sti with the motor already plus all the good stuff it comes with. What really makes we want the sti is cuz my brother has a evo that make 360whpand360whltq and its sweet. U can rip it wit the ac on all day but the honda u can't. And I miss awd. Any help or info on how I can get outta my car and into a sti would be great, I just don't want to be stuck payin ridiculous amounts of money. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    not to burst your bubble, but i dont think it sounds like a good financial decision to get another car when

1) you've only had your current for 5 months
    2) you still owe money on it.

even if you sell your civic and break even, you'll still have to scrounge up the money to probably put a downpayment on the sti.... and you said you dont have much cash

the key quote in your post was

"Its a great car but I want a sti now."

you want an sti... you dont NEED one.

i'd continue to pay off your civic, and when you are financially read, go sti searching. they'll be around for a long time. theres no rush!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

selling a car after 5 months isn't the greatest idea especially if you still owe a substantial amount.

However its your money and if you can afford it, are ok with burning it and want the car that bad then its up to you.

That said from what I've read it doesn't sound like you in the financial situation of "money is no object".
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Thanks for the advice. Money is a object deff. I can pay it but why would I dig myself in a hole just because of a car. Idk but hopefully something works out but thanks again!

read my signature quote
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.