05 or 06 help me out people please

This is a discussion on 05 or 06 help me out people please within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; im looking to buy a wrx i have found two that have cought my eye on is a 05 wrx ...

05 or 06 what car!!!!!!!(advise please)

im looking to buy a wrx i have found two that have cought my eye on is a 05 wrx with twnty k miles on it stock, private seller and the next one is a 06 wrx with 49k miles on it from a dealer even though it has more miles on it it still has the bigger engine and the new sweet 06-07 look to it ( the 05 also look cool but 06 i think are better ) anyone draw backs to either one except for the higher mileage and does that really make that biig of a difference??
    Last edited by xmikex; 06-29-2008 at 08:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The 06-07 is starting to grow on me the mileage is not really a big difference but I own a 04 with 105k on it and its still running strong. I don't know the technical differences except for the 0.5 increase in displacement and the drive by wire system. But I would go with the one with the least miles and the 5 speed (if both are autos well then find a manual :-)

look for the lowest milage wrx you can find with no modifications
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

I agree with that I. got mine in Evensten IL with 12 miles on it. Since it had only 12 on it I know what it went through. Used is always better for low mileage since you can trace the history back easier. Not only that but if you find one that has no mods you know that there is no inferior parts on there. So the car is a like a blank canvas for your imagination.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you average out the miles (as in you dont drive very much) the 06 will always be worth more than the 05. However I am partial to the 2005. I think they look the best.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Also is one by chance a cheap TR version? That is something to consider. Which package WRX are they?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

they are both stock cars and the 05 has really low miles

2007 limited wrx

I am selling mine because i am moving out of the country. It has 16k miles and was bought last year. Car in MINT condition.
    Price is $21000. let me know if you are interested and will send some pics.
    georgio_khachan@hotmail.com