2010 WRX BUILD - SASKATCHEWAN (ENJOY)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX BUILD - SASKATCHEWAN (ENJOY) within the Canada forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hello first of all if you want to follow my car build feel free to add me on facebook or ...

2010 WRX BUILD - SASKATCHEWAN (ENJOY)

Hello first of all if you want to follow my car build feel free to add me on facebook or instagram for daily updates.

Facebook: Donavan Spilchuk
    Instagram: @donavanspilchuk
    Email: d.spilchuk@hotmail.com

Car: 2010 subaru impreza wrx

Engine Mods: (and little details)
    Turbo back non-catt Invidia N1 exhaust
    Cobb short ram intake W/ air box
    Cobb accessport V3 with stage 2 93oc tune
    Kartboy shortshifter
    Kartboy long hangers (not to wreck the bumper)
    White ball shift knob

Because of health reason I will not be working or driving for a few months which gives me the time to do all this and work around some problems I will have. I will start with the front of the car and work my way inside.

Im posting this because I love when people explain there “set up”! Feel free to clique comment and give me any tips or new ideas! Im open to everything and anything. If you feel something is stupid explain to me how to ‘make it better’, just remember im sold on this build and will be doing some stupid mods (like cutting springs) because I can and I pay the bills on my car Im here for guidance and to let you guys follow in my personal car build!

First of all I have bought a regular NA impreza hood which I have strip of all the paint and wet sanded till a mirror finish. How? 220 grit, 600, 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit. I have spent over 70 hours sanding the hood. The underside of the hood has also been silver sharpied and it give it that much more ‘show cred’.

Now your thinking OMG YOUR TOP MOUNT! Yes, im still running the stock front mount but I own a front mount intercooler and will be getting some piping (remember I cant drive). But I did take it to a car show in Regina, Saskatchewan and how I kept the intercooler not overheating is I have removed my front bumper cover and my bottom skid plate as well as my front fender wells. I will be keeping them off as part of my build. I will be painting the actual bumper bar a teal cover and front and back tow hoods (both stock). As well as putting a 20 inch offroading LED light bar. Things like the horns and fog light cords will be tucked away as well as some plastic pieces will be sanded back to give the car a cleaner look. I will also be custom fabing some protection for things like my windshield washer fluid and steering fluid reservoirs.

Pictures are on instagram and facebook

Now for the extra LED strips I will putting in. First there is an indent in the front bumper bar. I will be putting an LED strip in that indent (for looks). I will also be giving my car a full under glow kit (I love that ****) and inside there will also be some LED strips in the doors so I can see at night. These will all be hooked up to simple switches in my center console. Im drilling out the cup holders and I will be making a custom box with a lid (kinda like the sti) to hold all the switches.

My shift knob boot leather cover thing has also be removed and I will either use a piece of glass, clear plastic or metal to make a Ferrari inspired shift pattern.

A new touch screen deck MAY be put in as well as a new NRG steering wheel with a quick release. This all has to do with how much money is kicking around. I will happen one day.

Now as some of you know having a small bottle of compressed glass in Canada is legal in the car but a NOs system hooked up is VERY illegal. Now we all played the video games as kids and I love the look of air shooting out the hood of a car so what im going to do is have a small tank of pressurized air in my car (inside my arm rest). Once I open the the bottle it will shoot air out the side of my hood. Now you may be asking why even do that? Well the truth is because I think that is super awesome and I can shoot air at all the bitches Is it pointless, yes. Is it awesome, YES!

Now onto the wheels. I will be keeping my stock rims on but I will be painting them either white or teal (help my deside) OR I might sand them down just like my hood so they are like a mirror. I will also be painting my break pads black. I know how to paint so things like the trim in the interior will also get a little artist touch.

My interior will be stripped out and a sound damping system will be put under my carpet (any ideas?). My seats will also be changed. I am cutting out the red WRX symbol on them and it will be replaced with purple IMPREZA to match my purple 5 point harness. The rails will also be painted a nice purple colour (just because).

I will also be putting on premium auto styling full black out tail overlays as well as black eye lids.

I also may be replacing my ebrake with a fancier or even putting in a huge drift bar in (because why not).

Feel free to ask questions and give me new ideas! I know this isn’t a ‘serious’ car build but its something that I love! Everything is build around my buddies and I having fun. I have a student driver and baby on board sticker on the back windshield. Anything to get some more laughs and smiles. ENJOY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is this real?

Sent from my fridge using Tapatalk
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

yup, as i said feel free to check out my instagram hahaha. This build is for me, its for smiles and im doing EVERYTHING myself and in a 'cheap' way without looking cheap.

Just like my hood. Who spends 70 hours wet sanding a hood? Me, and I've got nothing but love now its finished and polished and yes it blinds bitches but i got a good pair or sun glasses

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Thanks man, means a lot! As I said I'm giving myself a lot of car building so help me along. Thanks thanks thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Please post pictures here. I Don't do facebook and your car sounds very unique, would love to see.

Hope you are 100% soon!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	149201Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	149209Click image for larger version. 

Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	149217Click image for larger version. 

Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	149225Click image for larger version. 

Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	149233Click image for larger version. 

Views:	36 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	149241

Da fuq??? There is no way in hell your TMIC is running efficiently just because you took your front bumper cover and undercarriage tray off.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Da fuq??? There is no way in hell your TMIC is running efficiently just because you took your front bumper cover and undercarriage tray off.
    uuuuuhmmmmm yes.... as i said im not driving it right now. plus i am aware if i do run the car it will not be efficient. Critique the rest of my build. Give me ideas/colors to paint and how to set up under glow. the hood is staying on though because i sanded it 100% by hand and its a labor of love Plus i spend a good 40 hours drawing with sharpie the underside of my hood.

Sounds like all your answers can be found by watching The Fast and the Furious circa 2001.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Sounds like all your answers can be found by watching The Fast and the Furious circa 2001.
    All the answers in life can be answered by the fast and furious. As i said this is a deep dark car "build". I used to be so concerned what other people thought. Now im making the riced out version and adding certain things that only a true farm boy/canadian would want. The car is still using high quality parts (its not like I'm putting a garden trim bodykit)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.