STi Trunk Swaps Anyone?

This is a discussion on STi Trunk Swaps Anyone? within the Canada forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just bought a silver 2002 Subaru WRX and I'm looking to swap my stock trunk with somebody for a ...

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar

STi Trunk Swaps Anyone?

I just bought a silver 2002 Subaru WRX and I'm looking to swap my stock trunk with somebody for a preferably matching color STi trunk. Tough to find, I know, but I'm hoping to get lucky! If anyone can help please feel free to let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you find 2 in Silver let me know..... mine has Hail dents

Check the trunk swap thread sticky too

I have been checking the sticky thread as well but there seems to be a lack of trunk swaps in Canada. Everyone wants local pick up so I'm kind of out of luck so far. I've been trying JDM sites and there seems to be hope!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

wheres the jdm sites? ive been trying to finda swap for about2 months now. ive been on 4 different forums including this one

everyone wants local pick up because you cant really drive a car without a trunk...and most of us have these as our dd...plus shipping would cost a pretty penny so it saves time and money just to meet up and swap

Makes sense. If I was the one with the Sti trunk wanting a wingless, I'd be prefering a trade as well. But as far as JDM sites go, I just Googled "JDM STi trunks for sale" and a few sites came up. I was hoping for a dealer in Toronto, but no such luck.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

thanks man. if nothing comes up bby summer ill just buy a trunk and wing if i really want it that bad. i bought subaru emblem overlays but i dont want to install it if someone wants to swap

Yeah but for the 02-07 Rex I've heard bad stories about install. I wanted a CF trunk with painted wing (thought body matching wing and car w/ CF trunk would look cool) but the price turned me off. Then I found out the 12 holes to drill can be problematic...thought swapping or finding some used trunk/wing would work better. let me know if you have luck! I'll shoot you a PM if I find anything good.

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

ya swappig is so much easier. for the sti to go to wrx just the wing isnt a problem, but if i did just the wing ill have holes that need to be filled up and i also think i need to drill more holes too
    but definetly if you find something let me know, throw up some pics. its going to look good

TorontoJDM.com - Total Japanese Domestic Motor

Last i checked they had a silver w/sti wing in stock for 400

Contacted them and asked for paint codes, they said they didn't know. then asked for more pictures and still haven't gotten a reply. E-mailed again and still nothing a week and a half later.

Bugeye Mafia Member #419