My modifications - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on My modifications within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Balthus blarg - big pain in the b tthole. It is totally worth the saturday afternoon, exspecially ...

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus
    blarg - big pain in the b tthole. It is totally worth the saturday afternoon, exspecially when you have a couple of buddies, a beer or two ( NOT RECOMMENDED WHEN WORKING ON YOUR CAR, but helpful non the less ) ...your buddies will step in when all the blood rush's out of your hands after an hour or more under the car...

I definatly notice the difference, but your right, it doesn't turn my wagon into a EVO chasing go cart...but a more confident snap to the wheel I like!
    well the SoCalF4 guys to install meets every few weeks so maybe I'll order a set and bring them to the next meet. Last time they helped with the TGV delete....I'm sure this isn't nearly as scary.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    so are the steering rack bushings worth it? I hear its a lot of work.
    For the money, it's a no brainer. But man, the install was a major test of will power.

It took me about 10 minutes to get the passenger side done, and I thought, "heh, this is going to be a piece of cake!" An hour and a half later, the driver side was done. Holy crap, I didn't see that one coming! I think I could probably do the whole job in about 45 minutes now. But I still don't want to ever have to

I actually found a video

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ushing+install

and a DYI thread

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...light=steering

and just looked around at what folks like BIGSKY said...put the car on stands, got under the car and went for it...all in all I think it took me 2 hours, including setup and clean up...its a pain, but not overwhelming...and you get to check out your car...I pulled both bushings out, and went straight for the driverside hell...1 hour later...30mins later my buddy wiggled it into place...yeah...the passenger side took .3 seconds...
    Last edited by Balthus; 05-09-2006 at 04:51 PM.

thanks!

looks like the video link is dead. I think after that 16-hour TGV marathon, not much scares me anymore.

....except maybe the clutch or the motor/tranny swap.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah,
    Its not the quantity of time its the quality! I had to bend the lines, remove the clip, and loosen the steering linkage but it still wouldn't give more than 2mm around the top front. So I came around from the back and then there is a place where it sticks in the front because there is a cutout in the top of the bracket. So, your like scootching on the thing for an hour while you wiggle the rack vigorously thinking "if I could only see the blue" then it digs into this thing and your like "sh1t call the tow truck NOW"!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    H6 rear brake upgrade is next.
    Yup - parts are on the way. I found out I have the D721/D770 combination so I could get the Ferodo pads, but then I decided it would be more effective to just throw on some of the Axxis pads for now and use the extra $ to do the H6 upgrade.

I just went with the brackets from subiegal's site ($102) and the advance auto parts rotors ($32 each). With shipping and the pads it was <$300 all together.

I Support ClubWRX
    Fast forward, I guess I'll make this my mod thread.

Anyways the H6 was done a long time ago, great mod. I did a bunch more driveline bushings as well.

Most everyone knows I have been stage II for a while with UP & intercooler hoses. I am currently getting a more customized tune. I have a maddad whisper TB with a cat (wanted dual tip but I got a great deal on the CB NIB from the forum). It fit perfectly an looks fairly stock underneath the car.

Put together a set of BBS RK028s, just waiting for the right lug nuts (OEM are not correct at all regardless of what BBS says).

Springs and Konis are next up.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Totally nice! The springs and Konis are going to make that thing oh so wonderful.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds good, John!
    Do your students know that Prof has a modded WRX?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Sounds good, John!
    Do your students know that Prof has a modded WRX?
    I have chatted with a few of them here and there about it on field trips I suppose. Usually after some other car interest has been expressed though, so I know going into it that it they will be interested.

My colleagues especially in Biology though really don't get it for the most part. I just had two of them riding on some back roads shuttling cars for a canoe trip and one (who is a good friend) asked if I had a "coffee can muffler" (with a whisper even). I just said it is loud because it has a turbo and left it at that. We did end up getting back ten minutes sooner than they expected though

I Support ClubWRX
    Reposting these here so I can find them in the future....

I Support ClubWRX
    I figure it is time to make a slight change to the suspension & might as well throw on a P&P TD04 while I'm at it:

Thanks again Mike & JR for the suspension help and to Ron for the freshly coated turbo.

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice, John!

We need to found some sort of support group for Turbocharged-BugeyeWagondriving-Nerds-With-Title-Who-Insist-On-Continuing-To-Mod-Rather-Than-Buy-New-Car..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Very nice, John!

We need to found some sort of support group for Turbocharged-BugeyeWagondriving-Nerds-With-Title-Who-Insist-On-Continuing-To-Mod-Rather-Than-Buy-New-Car..

Yeah - but can we shorten the title?

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    nice bits- someone has a lot of work in the future
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.