Hey fellas. This is going to be a build thread but is more for my personal record than anything else. The short of it is I have a bunch of parts coming tomorrow and just want to use this thread to catalog everything.
What do i have?
2016 DGM WRX 6MT Base. My only option, the home-link auto dimming mirror.
June 3rd, 2015
How much did i pay?
MY OTD price was $27,160 in the fine state of Colorado.
Where am I starting from?
Well, I have done no real performance mods other than the Perrin brass shifter bushing and shift stop since I took delivery back in June of 2015. As of, 9/15/16, I have 10,937 miles on the car. All of my mods up to this point have been cosmetic but that is about to change.What are my goals?Sooo what have I done? As of 9/20/16
- Grimmspeed Stealthbox Intake
- Grimmspeed TMIC
- Torque Solutions EGR Delete
- Torque Solutions TGV Delete
- MAPerformance Ceramic Coated J-Pipe w/ HFC
- MAPerfromance Exhaust w/ Mufflers
- IAG Air-Oil Separator (AOS)
Transmission & Shifter:
- Perrin Brass Shifter Bushing
- Perrin Shift Stop
- N/A - TBD
- N/A - TBD
- All Diode Dynamics Red Interior Bulbs (Map, Vanity, Dome)
- Miscellaneous Inlays/Stickers
- Debadged Trunk
- RA Mud Flaps (Black w/ Red Lettering)
- Morimoto H1 HID Retrofit
- Diode Dynamics C-light Switchbacks w/ DRL Harness
- Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn
- OLM LED Reverse Lights
- 3M Window Tint (20% back 3, 30% front. I will be redoing this soon as it is too light for my liking.)
- REAL Carbon Fiber Badges (Black w/ Red Lettering) - Not Installed Yet
- COBB AP v3
- Bren Tuning E-Tune - On 4th revision
- Dyno Tune by Harvey @ Boost Creep (early next year)
- Custom Gauge Pod for Boost, Oil Temp, Wideband Gauges
- Grimmspeed Chargepipe
- SubiSpeed ATS Front BBK w/ SS Brake Lines
- Brake Master Cylinder Brace
- Wedsport SA-20R RLC 18X9.5 Wheels
- Tires TBD
- Suspension TBD
Total Mod Cost To Date: $5,786
This is my DD so I want a reliable car. I will be doing full bolt-ons and a Bren Tuning e-tune (temporary). I am leaning towards safe/reliable tune vs highest HP/TQ numbers right now. This car will remain my DD but i do plan on purchasing a Mustang to satisfy my "go fast" needs sometime in early 2018. Once i have a second car I want to get a built block from IAG and see what this little Subie is capable of. I plan on keeping this car till she don't run no more....or i blow it up, whichever comes first .
Onward to some pictures!
D-Day, June 23rd, 2015: My dealer called me while i was at work and said that my car had come in almost a month and a half early. I had ordered the car on June 3, 2015 and it was delivered June 23, 2015. According to them, it was the first 2016 WRX sold in Colorado (I never did check the validity of that statement.) Needless to say, I promptly left work early to go pick up the car. #priorities
July 12th, 2015
My RA mudflaps arrived along with the taillight tint and emblem inlays from SubiSpeed.
July 28th, 2015
The tail-as-turn module from Diode Dynamics arrived along with my OLM LED bulbs. (Need to dig up some pictures) In the meantime, here is the video from DD. You get the idea.
Her first winter.
Admittedly, I didn't take a lot of pictures. I was actually pretty busy all winter.
April 14th, 2016
Windows are finally tinted. Back 3 windows are 20% and front windows are 30%. I don't like this. It is still too light. In the spring I plan on replacing the rear windshield with 5% and the front windows will go to 20%. I am also going to either tint my entire windshield or do a 6" strip up at the top.
May 11th, 2016
My fantastic wife decided she wanted to work on my car so I let her install the Perrin brass shifter bushing under the car. The Perrin shift stop was also installed.
August 31st, 2016
Morimoto H1 HID Retrofit was installed as well as the Diode Dynamics C-lights w/ switchbacks and DRL harness.
My DIY thread, DIY: Morimoto HID Retrofit - 2016 WRX Base, has gotten 0 comments
The entire headlight albumn can be found here.
Here is a daytime pic:
And some pictures I took up in the mountains:
September 9th, 2016
The IAG AOS was installed. This was a royal pain in the ass and i dumped about a gallon of coolant on the ground but I got it done. I strongly recommend having a second set of hands to clamp off the hoses and it should be a lot less messy...or just pick up some hose clamps first.
All the stuff i had to take off to get the AOS on...
September 16th, 2016
The bulk of my recent parts list is out for delivery!
- Grimmspeed 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid - Scheduled delivery 9/16/16
- Torque Solutions TGV Deletes - Scheduled delivery 9/16/16
- Torque Solutions EGR Deletes - Scheduled delivery 9/16/16
- MA Performance Catted, Ceramic Coated Downpipe - Scheduled delivery 9/16/16
- MA Performance Catback Exhaust w/ Mufflers - Scheduled delivery 9/16/16
- Cobb Accessport - Scheduled Delivery 9/16/16