Sheepyhollow's 14' WRX Build Thread
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sheepyhollow's 14' WRX Build Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sheepy hollow's 14' Subaru WRX Hatchback Build Thread The Backstory About three weeks ago, I decided to do a datalog ...

Sheepyhollow's 14' WRX Build Thread

Sheepyhollow's 14' Subaru WRX Hatchback Build Thread

The Backstory
    About three weeks ago, I decided to do a datalog just to run some tests. Car is running fine, get into Third Gear, start the datalog, go to redline.. stop the log and the car seems fine. I turn around, drive about a mile, and the check engine light comes on, flashing cruise control light, oil light is on, the whole nine. Run the code, i get P0011, P0021, which if you're familiar with this code, it's usual a blown motor. With 6 months left on my warranty, I figured I would take my chances and see if they will cover it. Of course, they didn't and quoted me $10,000 for a new Short Block with possibilities of needing new left and right heads.

The Aftermath
    Knowing I cannot afford $10,000 out of pocket, I decided, it was time to just go with a Build. I went up to my local tuner shop, talked to the tuner there for sometime, and decided to get a new 2.5 Block. STi Forged Crankshaft, STi Forged Rods, topped off with Manley Pistons. The motor is rated to hold 500AWHP.

Prior Modifications to the Car Before Motor Failure
    The prior mods done to my car before the motor failure were/are: Tsudu Cat-Back Exhaust, Cobb SF Intake, Cobb Accessport, Killer B Short Throw Shifter.

I will be posting pictures as updates and let you know how things are going if you are interested.

Here is a picture of the car at its glory running strong

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Got the car back from the dealer earlier! At about 7:00PM EST
    As soon as I got the vehicle parked where I wanted it. I popped the hood to just
    see how well they put the motor back together after taking it apart to find the cause
    of engine failure. I noticed two things which I am very un-happy about. After paying
    for the Diagnostics to figure out the cause, which happened to be Rod Bearing Failure,
    they also made me pay to re-assemble the motor, I get the car back with a broken bolt
    in the Turbo Inlet.

Next I notice the A/C Belt wasn't returned to me. I can understand them not installing it
    back onto the car because they are Stretch belts and really shouldn't be re-used. But still,
    if I pay 400 bucks for you to re-assemble to motor, I expect it to be back the way I brought
    it there. I am more pissed about the broken bolt in my Turbo Inlet!

Other than that, we started pulling off parts for when the new motor arrives.

RESERVED SPACE
    Last edited by SheepyHollow; 07-11-2016 at 10:25 PM.

RESERVED SPACE 2

RESERVED SPACE 3

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What kind and how often often were you doing oil changes when it crapped out on you? Who tuned it? Seems like a fairly new car for it to have crapped out and Subaru deny a claim on an S1 car. Sorry about your luck!
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

That's messed up man....
    BooSTIn19ALLDay

Don't believe anything you hear and half the things you see!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.