George's 2016 CWP WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on George's 2016 CWP WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I figure I'd document everything I end up doing to my pride and joy. I took delivery of the car ...

GSA

George's 2016 CWP WRX

I figure I'd document everything I end up doing to my pride and joy. I took delivery of the car mid-June 2015 and have slowly added a few things here and there. I installed some lighting upgrades a while back, but recently beefed up all of the mounts (Pitch, Trans, Motor) with the Perrin trio. I know I could have saved some bones by going with a different brand, but Perrin has a fantastic reputation so I figured I'd go all out. No regrets on those, the car should have come this way from the factory. NVH is minimal and you feel so much more planted and connected when rowing through gears and accelerating without it being too stiff. I also added a Kartboy short shift adapter to the already factory installed STS and screwed a Flossy heavyweight knob on top. Fantastic improvements for the costs. I attempted to install the Kartboy adapter myself, but almost ripped the linkage arm in half from frustration so I had the local shop (Brentuning) do the hard work for me.

Morimoto XB Fogs and DRL harness

I mounted the relay onto the washer fluid reservoir...

LED lighting accent lighting throughout (Map, Dome, Visors, Trunk, Plate) and rubber Prius bumper protector (saving the environment!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sub'd, looks good so far!

Any plans for engine mods?
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

GSA
    Always!

Buuuut she only has about 5,000 miles right now (I'm able to work from home a lot.) I definitely am thinking on going "Stage 2" a lot sooner than originally expected though. My dealership gave me a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I stay the owner, so it's a little iffy for me right now, but I have some questions out to the local shop to help me figure out what I should do.

Next items would be:

Accessport
    Nameless full turboback (need to hear 4" vs 5" mufflers in real life)
    TGV deletes
    Air/Oil Separator
    Protune most likely from Brentuning
    RCE yellows

Sub'd
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by GSA View Post
    Morimoto XB Fogs and DRL harness
    Are these OEM c-lights? I know you did the DRL harness to eliminate the low-voltage high beam DRL but those c-lights look brighter/nicer than I thought they were stock? I'm guessing this has the LED headlights/taillights?

GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilson7990 View Post
    Are these OEM c-lights? I know you did the DRL harness to eliminate the low-voltage high beam DRL but those c-lights look brighter/nicer than I thought they were stock? I'm guessing this has the LED headlights/taillights?
    Haven't touched the headlights. It's a limited model, so they have LEDs, but it's probably just because I was in a parking garage with low lighting. You can barely see them when they're on during the day. But I appreciate the compliment!

GSA

A little sneak peak at what I've been getting into and should finish up this evening. First time vinyl wrapping anything, but it's going pretty well so far. I hate the gloss black center console, but I chose to get a 2016 so I guess I'm stuck with it until I fork up the money to do a head unit swap and audio upgrade. Also, the H/AC vent trim is a PITA to get off (and I even took the vents out).

OH....and I just took a drill to my car to get the steering wheel bezel off.

The things we do...
    Last edited by GSA; 04-08-2016 at 08:16 PM.

GSA
    So my most recent mini-project involved blacking out all the silver trim. I used the 3M VIVID 1080 matte black vinyl and even though it was my first working with the stuff, I'd say it came out pretty good. There are some imperfections that I'll notice, but very hard to see and other people would never 'em. The steering wheel bezel was by far the biggest the pain in the ass to wrap.

I have to give a lot of credit to LastHumansGarage from YouTube. His vids were lifesavers on taking out the side vents and the wheel bezel. Not sure if he frequents this site...

Last edited by GSA; 04-08-2016 at 08:13 PM.

GSA
    I've decided to hold off on doing any j-pipe/intercooler/stage 2 modifications. I think I'm going for an Accessport, Grimmspeed EBCS, TGV deletes, and an Air/Oil Separator.

I'm looking at IAG for the TGV deletes and the AOS, but has anyone here had first hand experience with the AOS? It seems like the one to get is the Street version rather than the Competition, which deletes the PCV system and is recommended for a bigger turbo and E85 (neither of which I'm going for in this build.) I've done a fair amount of research, but I wanted to ask the internet first, just in case someone wants to weigh in their thoughts.

GSA
    I want this so badly, just wish they'd sell the grill by itself. I'd run a separate harness for the added lights and wouldn't want stock fogs in there.

I Support ClubWRX
    That grille does look awesome. I don't think it would be too difficult to fabricate a different harness to fit whatever kind of fogs you want in there.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

GSA
    I would think the Morimoto XB's would fit since I have those in the standard fog locations. But the Baja Designs Squadron Sport's would be badass too...Just not sure if the 4" ones would fit. I'll start the research...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.