Subaru WRX Forum banner

The stages are fine the way they are

Need help redirecting mods from each stages

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Goose42 
#1 · (Edited)
So the way i split the stages were in about an equal amount of money spent per stage rather than the importance of each upgrade. I tried to divide it by importance and its price tag but because i will be purchasing each stage at a time it was difficult. What i'm asking is to make sure if there are some superior upgrades needed before others. In other words, what upgrades HAVE TO change its stage due to supporting reasons etc. Please feel free to input as to what mod you believe is more important than others. (btw as far as suspension and brakes go and supporting mods (mounts etc.) , that's all in a different list. )

View attachment 244330

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
IF you are going the Cobb Ap route. Then it needs to be the first thing you buy. Then a downpipe and intake they support. After that every mod you put on the car for the most part is going to need to have a custom tune done for it.

#3 ·
^ This.

You need to, at very least, be incorporating the cost of custom tunes into your budget. And at the power level it seems like you are shooting for, I'd start planning for a motor build as well.

Personally, if I was going for an AP, I'd do that and the catback first; then downpipe, intake, and boost controller next; then E85, EWG, ELH next; then turbo upgrade. Fit in the other misc. items where you can.

I get wanting to spend the same amount of money for each "stage" ... but you'll have a better progression path if you don't. I'd take that ~3k budget and save the leftover from the first couple stages and put it towards the last few. Or buy parts ahead of time to fit into that budget and save them until you are at the next level.

#4 ·
I would do A LOT of it differently.. and more all at once to save money. You never stated a goal, but from the looks of what you're after you would be better off saving up and going with a rotated kit in two stages. It will end up being cheaper, and you will have better performance in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.