02 wrx boost repair, an build! (beginners build)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 wrx boost repair, an build! (beginners build) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys! As you all can probably see from my start date I'm pretty new to CWRX, an to Subaru ...

02 wrx boost repair, an build! (beginners build)

Hey guys! As you all can probably see from my start date I'm pretty new to CWRX, an to Subaru for that matter. I bought a midnight blue 02 wrx for preeeettty cheep lol mostly because it makes absolutely no boost!! Drives like a N/A haha. So I've put the beast in my garage to get down to the turbo an get a look to see if she's blown I'm very sure its the turbo.. I've checked for boost leaks an vac leaks.. Checked the wastgate arm.. The boost solenoid.. resting the ecu .. Damn near everything I know of but the turbo itself! So here we go! I'll be posting up pictures soon, an posting what I'm doing for work on the beast when I get out there

I'd also love any advice on the subject an to hear what you guys think of my build! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

THE Resident Non-shifter JaySin's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club! I guess congratulations...? You must be a glutton for punishment. lol
    Look forward to seeing it in restored form!

Well I got the intercooler off an the hood so I had more room! Got to the heat shield an all the bolts are soo rusty... I'm gonna be in for some fun lol.. I guess all the forms are right about the stock heat shield being a pain in the ass! Striped 2 bolt heads so I took a break an a got my back seat out to get a huge sub box through lol. I'll post pics when I get on the computer btw all I'm 17 attempting this by my own!

Welcome to clubwrx! I always enjoy seeing older cars being rebuilt/restored. And only 17? wow. Take your time and research, research, research. I have owned subarus since I was 19 and worked on all of them myself, everything from exhaust, intake manifolds, injectors, to suspension. I learn something new every time I work on my car. Thank god for the internet and people like the one's on this forum. From experience, if you aren't sure about something, ask here or research it before you just start wrenching. Good luck!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Protuned by IAG --- 315.14whp and 337.27wtrq
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----My Super Duper Awesome Incredible Build Thread

Nice too see another teenager with a bugeye wagon! Good luck my friend they're quite the adventure
    "If the power increases, then I have to spend more money on gas" - Takumi Fujiwara

Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...eye-wagon.html

Gonna be spending my morning working on that darn heat shield.. Any advise on getting the rusty bolts out will be appreciated!

Have you tried using GENEROUS amounts of PB blaster?
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----My Super Duper Awesome Incredible Build Thread

Can I slow you down for just one minute?

Have you taken data logs with RPM vs boost (manifold relative pressure) and target boost? How are the fuel corrections and the timing corrections?

Does the car still have the OEM uppipe with a catalytic converter? If that cat gets clogged, it could presumably constrict exhaust flow and prevent boost buildup.

Or I could be spouting nonsense...
    David - '05 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    Can I slow you down for just one minute?

Have you taken data logs with RPM vs boost (manifold relative pressure) and target boost? How are the fuel corrections and the timing corrections?

Does the car still have the OEM uppipe with a catalytic converter? If that cat gets clogged, it could presumably constrict exhaust flow and prevent boost buildup.

Or I could be spouting nonsense...
    Lol you are right, should check and do all of these things first. That never even came across my mind.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.