Arashi gtx turbo??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Arashi gtx turbo?? within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone used these they look to be of a good quality I have seen old post but nothing really ...

Arashi gtx turbo??

Has anyone used these they look to be of a good quality I have seen old post but nothing really good/bad on a first person base
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/281874189537?_mwBanner=1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone? Or does anyone have a good choice of turbo around the 750$ area

I have never heard of Arashi turbos. My guess, being a ebay turbo, is that it is not of good quality. But I could be wrong. I could tell you what turbo I would recommend but its hard without a little information on your end.

What model car do you have?
    What modifications are already done to your car?
    Why are you wanting to replace your turbo? Stock one went out? Want more power?
    What are your power goals?

All of these questions need to be answered in order for anyone to give you an intelligent suggestion for a new turbo.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Protuned by IAG --- 315.14whp and 337.27wtrq
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----My Super Duper Awesome Incredible Build Thread

It's a 02 wrx roller. I'm getting a jdm motor and tran. But I'm going to replace the pistons with 8.35.1 Wisco,acl bearings,APR bolts on rods and head bolts. And I'm going to clean the heads leaven them stock (unless there is something really worth changing)other then changing valve seals, and then replacing any an all gaskets I can. My goal is around 300-350whp. It comes with a used OEM turbo but I would rather have a new turbo just so I know everything is good and new as possible

Chad was mentioning forced performance had a good deal on turbos recently.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I also saw kinugawa turbos are in my money rang too. I have seen good things on evos but can't find much of anything on EJs. I will go check that out now

I don't want to hate on you, but when it comes to a turbo shop up, not down. Find the best you can afford then save to buy one higher quality.

Those things are high precision. .0002 of an inch matters.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IMO with your goal of 300-350whp I would get a vf39 off of an older STi. You can find them used for a good price. Check nasioc's classifieds. I see these pop up on there pretty often. The vf39 is a direct bolt on to your 02 wrx.

If you go this route you will need to invest in an sti tmic and an aftermarket set of "pink" injectors. Doing this with some respective bolt ons and a tune should get you to 300whp and its not a cheap ebay turbo.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----My Super Duper Awesome Incredible Build Thread

I'm not feeling any hate lol. I'm just trying to do this the best way I can on a budget. Those FPS don't look bad at all and I could swing the extra 50$ but how much better would it really be then the 2 brands I mentioned already. I know I'm shopping in a low to middle of the rang turbos I'm just trying to get good reliability and one that will give me in the 300-350whp rang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchrod1 View Post
    I'm not feeling any hate lol. I'm just trying to do this the best way I can on a budget. Those FPS don't look bad at all and I could swing the extra 50$ but how much better would it really be then the 2 brands I mentioned already. I know I'm shopping in a low to middle of the rang turbos I'm just trying to get good reliability and one that will give me in the 300-350whp rang.
    See my post above.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    IMO with your goal of 300-350whp I would get a vf39 off of an older STi. You can find them used for a good price. Check nasioc's classifieds. I see these pop up on there pretty often. The vf39 is a direct bolt on to your 02 wrx.

If you go this route you will need to invest in an sti tmic and an aftermarket set of "pink" injectors. Doing this with some respective bolt ons and a tune should get you to 300whp and its not a cheap ebay turbo.
    That is a helpful thing to know maybe my back up plan. But I'm trying to go with a new turbo. Cause you never know what someone may sell you when it's used.. they say it works great then you get it and it has shaft play:/. I just don't trust used unless I can have it in my hands and look at it first. The motor is one thing cause I'm taken it apart and if there is any problems with the motor or trans it's a company that I'm ordering from so I can get it replaced no harm no fal.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would pass on an ebay turbo save your money and do it right. If you are going to buy it I would measure to make sure you are getting the correct specs
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Shifter Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | OEM STI & Morimoto Mini H1 Quad HID Retrofit | XSB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake | CNT Catted Divorced Downpipe W/Titanium Wrap and Grimmspeed Heatshild | Grimmspeed Pink Radiator Shroud & Alternator Cover

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

But you could buy any name turbo on ebay.lol if I had to really max out my money on a turbo I would say 850 is max max. Those forced performance turbos don't look bad too.ok, If any of you had to buy a (new) turbo and spend no more then 850 what would you go with? And why?

I agree with cflip2x. Spending the extra money and doing it right the first time will always be a better choice than going the cheap way and having to do it again when something breaks.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

There is no new turbo for 850 bucks or less that I would put on my car.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.