update to stage 2 and stage 3 build
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on update to stage 2 and stage 3 build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i will be adding more to stage 3 but have not finished my research. ill be calling it stage 4. ...

update to stage 2 and stage 3 build

i will be adding more to stage 3 but have not finished my research. ill be calling it stage 4. ( i know it doesnt make it stage 4 but my ocd likes the fact that im spending about 2k exactly per stage so i kept it that way.
    any tips will help. each stage will also correlate to each year i own the car.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12108987_10153186083228785_5390960180306370761_n.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	223402

2. Remove Advertisements

Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good to me. What car is this for?

Depending on the car, the clutch is probably not necessary unless you have a problem with your current clutch.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Buckeye State
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's a nice list. After you post yoru car details I might have a suggestion or two.
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Retired
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Old Build Thread

On a stream bank somewhere
    I Support ClubWRX
    Skip the crosspipe. It is replaced by an EL manifold in Round II.

I would go with an AEM intake over the Perrin. I'm not a big fan of the foam filter, and the AEM intake has a Cobb map that is plug&play (before you get into custom tuning).

You're including both injectors and methanol in your Round III. Do you have E85 available locally? If so, I would put the methanol kit money towards quality gauges to help monitor your car. If you don't have E85 locally, and are planning on using methanol as your octane source, you shouldn't need the additional injector, as your IDCs will probably drop 20+% when spraying (giving you the headroom typically needed). If you go the WMI route, you want an Aquamist kit.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

voidin warranty since 05 unseen's Avatar
    631 to 516
    I Support ClubWRX
    Will you do tgvs since you're putting in the inlet? I'm interested to see how that goes for you.
    stinkeye member #976

2014 wrx hatch build

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.