SubiNubs 2016 ISM rex
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SubiNubs 2016 ISM rex within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I figured since I will end up having a good amount of mods to this car over the years, ...

SubiNubs 2016 ISM rex

So I figured since I will end up having a good amount of mods to this car over the years, I might as well make a build log to keep track of them all and open my self up to any questions for those interested in the same or similar mods.

I ordered my car from Ramsey on 5/21 and just picked it up yesterday, 8/14. It is a 2016 ISM Limited with the Harmon Kardon sound system, navigation and key-less package. The only other additions were an auto dimming mirror and the dealer gave me some free all weather mats as a sorry for the small financial issues we ran in to (not their fault)

So far, here is the list of planned upgrades. I will be adding to the list as well as posting pictures.

Installed

- HT Autos front lip
    - Rally Armor mud flaps
    - Subaru JDM grille
    - Weathertech all weather floor mats
    - Emblem overlays
    - Nameless Performance front plate delete
    - Grimmspeed 3 port electronic boost controller
    - Grimmspeed air intake
    - RCE yellow springs
    - Fumoto quick drain valve
    - Perrin shifter stop
    - Grimmspeed plate relocation kit
    - 35% tint
    - Cobb AP
    - Raceseng Topologi shift knob
    - Nameless Performance Turbo back exhaust
    - OEM Subaru trunk net
    - STi trunk swap
    - Stage 2 pro tuned
    - Subimods quadzilla
    - Process west verticooler
    - IAG EGR block off kit
    - IAG TGV deletes
    - Work emotion T7R wheels in 18x9.5 +38
    - GTworx struts
    - IAG AOS

Waiting to be installed

- Torque Solutions shifter bushing
    - STI Brembo brakes with stoptech pads
    - Stoptech stainless brake lines

To be ordered

- Weathertech trunk mat
    - Boomba short shift adapter
    - Undetermined snow tires for winter

These are in so specific order. Some have already been ordered, some will take some time to get ordered. I look forward to everyone's comments and questions.

Most current picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13179064_10210245634324211_2981695475345396611_n.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	256442
    Last edited by SubiNub; 12-07-2016 at 06:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First mods

Here are the first few small things I have done today during my first full day of ownership.

Out with the new and in with the new, or something like that.

Floor mats and plate delete are done
    Last edited by SubiNub; 08-28-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Flaps

Got the mud flaps on. This will unfortunately be my last mod for the weekend. What shall I do next weekend is the question?

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good man!

I'd go with the Perrin shift stop and bushing next. Cheap mods and they make a world of difference.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

Congrats man, Perrin shift stop is a good choice, definitely a noticeable improvement.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Got the 35% tint all the way around today, it looks much better

Perrin shift stop installed and it makes a huge difference. It was a huge pain trying not to drop the little washers and nuts while i was dripping sweat but all is good.

Also, this just happened.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11988229_10208397121912556_3232867244639161829_n.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	219706

Enjoy
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Finally got my plates and installed the grimmspeed plate relocation kit. Also got some chemical guys cleaning supplies.

Ive had a little fun since hitting the 1000 mile mark and I must say im surprised the power drop off is so significant after 4000 rpm. I hear the AP stage 1 tune fixes this so ill probably give that a go either today or next weekend and then get the exhaust and stage 2 done on my next weekend off after that.

Im really loving this car so far, it gets all sorts of looks and is quite fun to drive.

Tuned for stage 1 yesterday and wow does it make a huge difference. Not really any additional power but the power delivery is much more smoothed out, there is now a use for more than the first 20% of throttle travel and the rev hang is gone. It makes the car much nicer to drive. I also received my new shift knob and love the feel, size and weight of it. Yesterday was a good mod day.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looking good already, man! Good work.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

How you liking that Grimmspeed 3 port electronic boost controller? Notice any difference after installing it?

Quote Originally Posted by james-30 View Post
    How you liking that Grimmspeed 3 port electronic boost controller? Notice any difference after installing it?
    Havent got that yet, but its will be one of the next things im ordering.

On a good note, since this is one of my last free weekends for a while, I decided to just put in the time and make this bad boy stage 2. I started a little late last night and worked until my power went out thanks to a quick storm. Finished it off this morning with the nameless performance turbo back and a tune. The difference is awesome and im already looking forward to a pro tune. Ill be getting the last few performance mods before i get it tuned just to get the most out of it.

Stupid question here, whats the difference between say a COBB stage 1 or 2 flash vs a pro tune?

Stage 1 and 2 are an OTC map pre loaded on to the tuner. Stage one can be done with no mods where as stage 2 requires a minimum of a down pipe / J-pipe. Both of these are generic tunes that should be safe for any car to load and not have any issues.

The stage 1 tune, at least in my case, didn't give any additional power but improved throttle control and drivability quite a bit. It also resolved the problem of losing power after 4000 RPM on the stock tune, it now pulls to redline.

Stage 2 kept all the nice improvements from stage 1 but also increased power quite a bit.

The pro tune is done specifically for your car and the mods you have done to it so its not a generic tune. Every car runs a bit different so this is basically a fine tuning which can pull even more power out of your mods.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.