Long, Slow Upgrade Road ('13 WRX 5dr)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Long, Slow Upgrade Road ('13 WRX 5dr) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've had my '13 hatch since July 2013. I bought it with 5 miles on it after my Toyota Matrix ...

Long, Slow Upgrade Road ('13 WRX 5dr)

I've had my '13 hatch since July 2013. I bought it with 5 miles on it after my Toyota Matrix Xrs was rear-ended on a San Jose freeway and totaled by insurance.

I'm starting this build thread because I like seeing what the other members here do and I think doing so for myself will help me stop lurking so much and participate in the community more. Also, I figure if I'm here taking knowledge and ideas from others, maybe someone will like what they see in my car and get some ideas for themselves.

This is the long, slow upgrade road because I enjoy modding and wrenching but I work full time, am taking night classes to advance my career, and we're expecting our first child in a little over two months. So I'll do mods as time allows. I'm not near as rapid as many of you are but I do like tinkering so this is fun for me.

I'm starting to get slightly more serious about detailing. That is, I've read enough now to know that I was doing more damage than good to my paint for a long time. Hopefully I can get some decent pics of the nice and clean paint soon.

Also, I'm intrigued by E85. There is one station within a mile of where I live that carries it but we're talking about moving in the next year or two so that may not always be there case. Nevertheless, we'll still be in the area so E85 isn't out of the question. But that's definitely a down-the-road sort of mod for me.

Current Modifications

Exterior
    Forcewerkz polyurethane front lip
    Hella Supertones
    Subaru cross bars with Thule Surf rack [on surf days!]

Interior
    Subaru footwell illumination kit; Red

Power
    COBB Accessport with Stage1 E-tune by Torqued Performance

Drivetrain
    SPT Short-throw Shifter

Near Future Modifications

Exterior
    Tint

Interior
    Sound System? Looking at stuff, might do this soon.

Long Term Modifications (This is more likely as things wear out)

Handling/Suspension
    Springs/Struts or Coilovers--I don't like the amount of body roll on any cornering or the bounciness at highway speeds
    Sway Bars--See the above note, just want to tighten things up
    Higher Quality Tires, probably a Bridgestone RE71R or similar

Power
    Downpipe--probably Cobb. Waiting another year or two until we move so I have storage for OE parts in a larger garage. As you'll see from pic in next post garage is tight.
    Heat shield--Cobb to go with DP
    Stage 2 E-Tune by TP--this will go with the DP
    Last edited by Zataks; 08-15-2015 at 01:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here is a picture following my Supertone install. Will get some fresher pictures up with the Forcewerkz lip and cleaner paint in the next week or two.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good.
    You have a nice list going so far.
    Keep your eye out for used parts and accessories, great deals.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Thanks!

I'm a bit wary of used parts but depending what it is, would be on with used.

Really itching for the tint and suspension adjustments but need to wait a little longer. I still have a loan on the car but it should be paid off before the end of the year so I'll feel better about more modding then.

Here's a pic with my lip. I'll get more as things progress.

...Told dear wife that I wanted to get tint and have since I bought the car. Her response was, "I know you've been budgeting for WRX mods for months and haven't been spending it." So while she doesn't really understand that mod-bug, she's in support. =)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.