About a month or so ago, as the Project Frankenwagen hit a slow point due to parts delays we decided to pick up another ride to work on so here's what we found!
A little back story, this car was one of those "ran when parked" stories that almost never turn out to be true. Body is in pretty solid shape, interior is nice, its in the correct color and style but the engine wouldn't turn over. After sitting for a year due to the owner not having the time/money/energy to fix it we took a gamble yanked it out of the garage and onto the flat bed.
That evening after a short dinner/beers break we returned to the shop and decided to take a look at what we had purchased. One thing lead to another and the front end came off, engine came out, and the inspection began.
Unfortunately at this point we begin to notice a few things. The left front corner rides low, discover a snapped coil spring and destroyed strut. Also in this corner we find a badly mangled intercool pipe, the bracket holding the massive FMIC also is bent...along with the FMIC..
So with the engine removed she goes on the back burner for a bit as we assess damage and start a build list. Tear down info coming in the next post!