Speedrye 2015 build
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Speedrye 2015 build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yet another 2015 build clogging up the works around here... Long story short, family situation changed and the FR-S was ...

I Support ClubWRX

Speedrye 2015 build

Yet another 2015 build clogging up the works around here...

Long story short, family situation changed and the FR-S was no longer a viable car for us. Even my 50lb mutt was pissed in the backseats on a trip to the beach...

Out with the old, in with the new:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-07-09171354_zps0307e2ed.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	198529

Plans for the car are simple. I like seeing at night. I mean, I want the night to look like day when I drive down the road. I want that deer running at my car to be combust and drive through it's cloud of ashes. After driving my very well lit FJ for the past few years, I've become a light *****.

After lighting, a little more power would be nice. Stock stereo sucks a big one, so that needs work as well. Lighter wheels are needed and some dialing down of the understeer would be preferred. Overall, I like a clean, subtle look. For me, that translates to no wings, no stickers, debadged, no neon colored wheels, etc. This is still an economy car though, so I won't be fru-fruing it up with carbon fiber or leather accents everywhere.
    2015 WRX Premium in ISM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the purchase!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

I Support ClubWRX
    Lighting:
    Headlights need work. I opened them up, removed the OEM halogen projectors and replaced it all. Parts so far:
    RX-350 bi-xenon HID projectors
    Matsu****a Gen V ballasts
    Phillips 85122 4300k HID bulbs
    9011 HIR high beam bulbs
    Amber LED bulbs from VLED for the C-lights
    Satin black Rustoleum
    Leftover Hot Lava paint from the FR-S

Started by painting the shield and front of the solenoid on the new projectors:

Name:	DSCN4025_zps1c555ce1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	198537

Cut some headlight plastic out and trimmed the RX-350s some to make for a better fit:

Name:	DSCN4054_zpse3589876.jpg 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	198545

Mounting holes need to be relocated:

Name:	DSCN4048_zps1a869e4d.jpg 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	198553

Parts and pieces painted. I actually like the amber, so it's staying:

Name:	DSCN4037_zpsf72df32c.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	198561

Back on the car again. In the right lighting, you really catch the orange paint. It's usually more subtle than this though:

Name:	DSCN4059_zpsa2ac0180.jpg 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	198569

More like this usually:

Name:	DSCN4058_zps26f4c191.jpg 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	198577
    2015 WRX Premium in ISM

I Support ClubWRX
    LED fogs:

These are the ESUSE fogs. Very similar to the Morimoto, but use a different mounting setup that's slightly more difficult to aim. These were done before the Morimoto units had come out though:
    Attachment 198585
    Attachment 198593
    Attachment 198601

Note that the original headlights are still present for this picture:
    Attachment 198609
    2015 WRX Premium in ISM

I Support ClubWRX
    LED Light Bar:

The front of the car had to come back off yet again. 22" CREE eBay light bar was going to be supplying me with some extra long distance lighting. I've run a variety of light bars from Rigid, Baja Designs and eBay and these are simply the best bang for the buck. The color is ~6000k vs the 5000k that I prefer out of an LED bar, but for $150 instead of $600+, I'll make that sacrifice.
    Attachment 198617

Name:	DSCN4594_zpso01mlehl.jpg 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	198625

Name:	DSCN4601_zpss1ouhofv.jpg 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	198633

This is actually a daytime picture with all lights on, but they're so bright that the shutter speed doesn't allow much daylight in:

Name:	DSCN4602_zpssyfhrnlt.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	198641
    Last edited by speedrye; 05-12-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    2015 WRX Premium in ISM

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, crap. I've apparently exceeded my quota on pictures or something. Can someone tell me what that means? I've got more pictures and can't post them. Edit: fixed it.
    Last edited by speedrye; 05-12-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    2015 WRX Premium in ISM

I Support ClubWRX
    Random other parts and pieces.
    18% Suntek Carbon XP tint -- I'm actually legal in NC since I got a medical waiver!

Debadged the rear

Took the cheap Drag wheels from my FR-S and installed them on this car since the stock wheels hurt my sensibilities. They're cheap, but they're still 6+ lbs lighter per corner. I went to eBay and found some generic black centercaps of the right diameter and some Subaru stickers to go in those and it seems to work a little better. I would say these wheels are just temporary, but they'll probably stay long term.

Tapturn installed!!

Attachment 198649
    2015 WRX Premium in ISM

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm currently working with The Retrofit Source on manufacturing new switchback LED C-lights that fill out the whole 'C' on the base/premium models. I've sent them a spare headlight and they're currently working on getting the units designed and manufactured. Can't wait to see those since both of my VLED amber bulbs have already burned out.
    2015 WRX Premium in ISM

like all that light work. i know nothing about that area of modding.
    2015 Subaru WRX Limited
    2015 Subaru Forester XT Touring
    LastHumansGarage

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice work so far, I love the red look you added to your projectors. I wish I would have thought of doing that when I had mine apart. As far as the Base/Premium C-Light goes, I ended up filling it with LED strips. I like how it looks over stock but I still think that the Limited C-Light still looks better.

I've actually been looking for some type of material such as this to fill the C-Light but unable to find anything:
    2015 subaru Wrx headlight C's mod

That light bar is also just plain awesome.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

I Support ClubWRX
    The new LEDs for the C-light should be kinda like these Ford F150 Raptor OEM HID LED Halos DRL Bar except that they'll be switchback so you'll have white for daytime running and then amber when you flip your turn signals on.

Here are regular switchback halos to get an idea of how ours should work: Morimoto XB LED Angel Eyes - Accessories from The Retrofit Source Inc
    2015 WRX Premium in ISM

I Support ClubWRX
    Those look nice, if they made a kit for the WRX, I'd buy them in a heartbeat! Those look slim enough to fit in the bottom area of the C-Light.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

I Support ClubWRX
    They're in the process of making them for the 2015+ WRX. I already sent them a spare headlight to use for mock-up purposes. Should be 6-8 weeks or so, but I plan on opening my lights back up, just to install them. Can't wait.

On a side note, I got some new LED fogs today, so I'll post pictures of them in the next few days to see if I like them or the Morimoto/ESUSE fogs better.
    2015 WRX Premium in ISM

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a pretty sweet build and a unique approach. Love that light bar, my mind is blown by the "daytime" picture.
    My Build Thread - "Scrappy Doo" 2013 Subaru WRX Hatch
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-hatch.html

"We're far from having too much horsepower...my definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear."

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep us posted! Sub'd to your thread

Do you know if they allow for different color variations (5000k, 6000, etc)?
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.