Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 WRX Limited Owner

96K views 559 replies 42 participants last post by  plac 
#1 · (Edited)
I joined this forum almost 10 years ago when I had my 2005 WRX. Now I am back with another WRX.

I will be keeping a video journal of my WRX ownership. Here are the first 3 videos.

The heated seats are very good, as good as the VW.

The back of the front seats is more comfortable than i thought, very padded and soft, yet hugs me very tight. i would hate to be a wider guy in these seats though.

Instant response in reverse at my own command is very nice. The DSG would take 1-2 seconds to start rolling and then the throttle would be all iffy too. Now I control the movement precisely.

70 mph on freeway, 6th gear, 2600 rpms.

average mpg risen from 8 to 14 so far, just on (1) 10 minute freeway trip. i think it will be 25+ after a couple weeks of normal driving. they would let it idle without moving at the dealership for its first 9 miles of life, so that was ZERO mpg, skewing everything.

2nd gear is strongest so far, but i havent even thought about flooring it. 1st gear is too short to use much, it takes you to about 20mph only. 2nd gear really jumps the car ahead nicely.

shifter is a little notchy, but thats only comparing to the best shifters ever, BMW and Honda. Other than that, it shifts good. havent ever missed a gear i was trying for.

touch screen is still a tad annoying, but the stereo sounds as good as always. no doubt it is better than the GTI stereo. Far more sub and bass notes, and really clear highs too. dat 7 band EQ..

touch screen is hard to see in the sun when wearing polarized sunglasses. but the upper dash display is unaffected.

don't think the ride is any MORE bumpy than the GTI ride was, might even be a hair softer. (cuz of the 17's vs the GTI 18's). yet it stays flatter in turns also.

just like my 2008 BMW 135i with good tires... i drive thru my work parking lot a few times a day. never heard any pebbles in the GTI ever... today, my tires were throwing all kinds of pebbles as i went 20mph thru the parking lot.. sticky tires FTW.... reminded me of my BMW days, same thing, the tires picked up all the rocks off the parking lot.

See less See more
#4 ·
Maybe an admin can move this to the build thread section.

#5 ·
I wondered if you'd find your way here. Welcome to the club! Keep those videos coming sir.

Feel free to ask any questions you can't answer on your own. There aren't many write-ups for the 2015s yet but, we have a knowledgeable bunch here who are generally happy to help.

#13 ·
In regards to your thoughts about modding. In many cases it's not really worth doing power mods until you're ready to go Stage 2.

You can get a Cobb AP to flash a simple Stage 1 tune but, it won't likely change much. Power really happens with the j-pipe (2015s no longer have a traditional down pipe) and stage 2 tune.

#19 ·
If you want more power, Bren Tuning offers e-tunes or dyno tunes with the Cobb AP. They're averaging around 40-50hp and 50-60tq on a 100% stock WRX with just the tune.

The Cobb Stage 1 OTS tune isn't worth that much, like 10-15hp from what I've read. Custom tune from Bren seems to be the way to go, or a dyno tune.

The flash does reportedly improve the throttle response quite a bit, smooths it out considerably from the jumpy on/off feeling of the boost with the OEM tune.

#37 ·
since I probably got a lot of new subscribers already from this thread and my other WRX forums, here is my other channel. no car stuff, more family and blogs. if anyones interested to see what else is in my life. this is a much less popular channel with only about 250 subs, and i made it BEFORE my car channel over 7 years ago. but i update it regularly also.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLastHumanOnEarth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.