Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 WRX Limited Owner

96K views 559 replies 42 participants last post by  plac 
#1 · (Edited)
I joined this forum almost 10 years ago when I had my 2005 WRX. Now I am back with another WRX.

I will be keeping a video journal of my WRX ownership. Here are the first 3 videos.

The heated seats are very good, as good as the VW.

The back of the front seats is more comfortable than i thought, very padded and soft, yet hugs me very tight. i would hate to be a wider guy in these seats though.

Instant response in reverse at my own command is very nice. The DSG would take 1-2 seconds to start rolling and then the throttle would be all iffy too. Now I control the movement precisely.

70 mph on freeway, 6th gear, 2600 rpms.

average mpg risen from 8 to 14 so far, just on (1) 10 minute freeway trip. i think it will be 25+ after a couple weeks of normal driving. they would let it idle without moving at the dealership for its first 9 miles of life, so that was ZERO mpg, skewing everything.

2nd gear is strongest so far, but i havent even thought about flooring it. 1st gear is too short to use much, it takes you to about 20mph only. 2nd gear really jumps the car ahead nicely.

shifter is a little notchy, but thats only comparing to the best shifters ever, BMW and Honda. Other than that, it shifts good. havent ever missed a gear i was trying for.

touch screen is still a tad annoying, but the stereo sounds as good as always. no doubt it is better than the GTI stereo. Far more sub and bass notes, and really clear highs too. dat 7 band EQ..

touch screen is hard to see in the sun when wearing polarized sunglasses. but the upper dash display is unaffected.

don't think the ride is any MORE bumpy than the GTI ride was, might even be a hair softer. (cuz of the 17's vs the GTI 18's). yet it stays flatter in turns also.

just like my 2008 BMW 135i with good tires... i drive thru my work parking lot a few times a day. never heard any pebbles in the GTI ever... today, my tires were throwing all kinds of pebbles as i went 20mph thru the parking lot.. sticky tires FTW.... reminded me of my BMW days, same thing, the tires picked up all the rocks off the parking lot.

See less See more
#198 ·
Ok ok, don't respond to my post, I admit it was a bit trollish. :wiggles:

But seriously, you did express some thoughts about the WRX vs the GTI elsewhere, why not share here?

#203 ·
you are probably right. he said he had one "almost perfect" and another that the shop scratched. i told him send "the best one", so i didnt expect this. I have arranged a partial refund, and ill just have to get it fixed. im not taking off a curbed rim to just put on another one.

#207 ·
its not all about the speed though. (although Bren won hands down.) its about how choppy the Cobb rev range was, and how smooth the Bren range was.

its also even more so about how much feedback and fine tune knock the cobb tune gives. which is -1.41 at a minimum, and usually more than that very often. The Bren gives NONE. The Bren is safer.

#216 ·
I'd be sure to buy the best quality exhaust components you can manage with your builds budget. Cheap exhausts will rust out, crack and rust at welds prematurely, and have sub par hardware that you'll never be able to remove once installed.

#221 ·
i was about to order a full length mishimoto catted downpipe, but im about to change my mind. at about $725 shipped, vs maybe $225 shipped for a killerb j pipe, the j-pipe is a way better value. It has probably 80% of the gains of a full downpipe, but it's less than 1/3 the price. And will also keep the noise way down which is always huge for me.

#222 ·
I haven't even looked at my exhaust yet, but there's a cat in the J, another cat and a resonator in the intermediate pipe, correct?. If you go with the J-pipe and the stock intermediate pipe, you're still maintaining the secondary cat at least, aren't you?

I'm thinking of keeping the stock intermediate pipe/catback and intake, but going with a J-pipe and a TGV delete when I go with the AP and e-tune. Of course, that's assuming the tuner is comfortable with the TGV delete. That should keep the car quiet while giving me a good bit more power. That's my thought at least...

#223 ·
interesting issue just happened on a 30 min drive.. i was listening to my USB stick. 2 separate times, the radio just straight up lost power. the screen went dead. a few seconds later i could power it back on. will be interesting to see if it continues. maybe it happens with the USB on louder volumes with too much current drawing? i'll have to research for anyone else that may have seen this before. ill get it on video sometime.

#227 ·
Read through Cobbs website. 99 percent of what you need to know is on there

I can't pinpoint exavtly where it is, but they tell you how to log and top 5 parameters to use even though there are a lot more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.