Strudinox's 2015 WRX Premium
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

This is a discussion on Strudinox's 2015 WRX Premium within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today I just broke 1000 miles so I figured it's time to let the mods begin! So far this has ...

  1. #1
    Registered User strudinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rocklin,CA
    Posts
    122
    I Support ClubWRX

    Strudinox's 2015 WRX Premium

    Today I just broke 1000 miles so I figured it's time to let the mods begin! So far this has been an amazing ride. Driving to and from work is pretty much the highlight of my day. I mostly plan on doing exterior and interior mods at this point with some mild engine/performance mods. As my warranty slowly fades away, I'll probably go stage 2, among other mods. Converting to E85 has always been something I've been considering.

    Exterior Mods
    - Headlight Dissassembly: Painted reflectors black, squirrel finder mod, 50% HID retrofit, bright white LED strips in C-light
    - HID Bulbs 6000k
    - Laminx Fog light covers
    - Smoked reverse taillight overlays
    - STI wing/trunk swap
    - Debadge
    - 15% Window Tint (Rear 5 windows)
    - RokBlokz mudflaps


    Interior Mods
    - Replaced all interior bulbs with white LEDs
    - Footwell lighting kit
    - LED strip trunk lighting mod (scroll down)

    Performance Mods
    - Cobb Accessport: Stage 1



    ******UPDATE 3/7/2015 w/ headlight mod********

    Last edited by strudinox; Yesterday at 03:43 PM.
    BECAUSE RALLY CAR

    Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,630
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice!
    I'm sure that thousand miles didn't come soon enough.
    You'll like the Cobb AP, only downside it gets the mod bug to bite you.
    Then you just keep going and going, until you've created a monster.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

    2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

    My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

  4. #3
    Registered User strudinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rocklin,CA
    Posts
    122
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Nice!
    I'm sure that thousand miles didn't come soon enough.
    You'll like the Cobb AP, only downside it gets the mod bug to bite you.
    Then you just keep going and going, until you've created a monster.
    It will be a slow process for me as I let funds trickle in. It's just tough convincing the wife that I NEEEEED a TBE....etc
    BECAUSE RALLY CAR

    Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

  5. #4
    Registered User strudinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rocklin,CA
    Posts
    122
    I Support ClubWRX
    So it begins....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0128151835.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	183585
    BECAUSE RALLY CAR

    Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

  6. #5
    For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    757
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice. Welcome.

  7. #6
    Registered User strudinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rocklin,CA
    Posts
    122
    I Support ClubWRX
    Trunk interior lighting got you down? No longer with a simple DIY LED strip replacement mod! The LED strips have a super sticky 3M self adhesive backing so they are not going anywhere. I wired them into the bulb socket using a homemade plug which resembles the original bulb's footprint.

    BAM!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0207152315.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	184089

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0207152316a.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	184097
    BECAUSE RALLY CAR

    Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

  8. #7
    Registered User 15WRBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Near Lansing MI
    Posts
    53
    Have you thought about adding one under the engine hood? I think it needs more light up there too, but have not looked at what it might need.
    Ryan
    '15 WRX Premium -- Sunroof, short throw, upgraded lights (LED boomarangs, HID lowbeams), TapTurn, STi Wing, 20% Tint

  9. #8
    Registered User strudinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rocklin,CA
    Posts
    122
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 15WRBlue View Post
    Have you thought about adding one under the engine hood? I think it needs more light up there too, but have not looked at what it might need.
    Good idea. It should be easy enough to wire it into a 12V source and turn it on and off with a switch under the hood.
    BECAUSE RALLY CAR

    Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

  10. #9
    Registered User ThatBroBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    281
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey sweet ride bro!!!! how do you like the Rok Blokz mudflaps ? I had rally armors on my 2013 and i was kinda mehhh about them. Picked up a 15 and thinking about the Rok Blokz this time.

    The RBs look like they stick out alot further on the front

  11. #10
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,696
    I Support ClubWRX
    That trunk LED looks great!

    Post the process of you headlight mod when you do it. Always interested to see those as they happen.
    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  12. #11
    Registered User jbed1203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    191
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    hey sweet ride bro!!!! how do you like the Rok Blokz mudflaps ? I had rally armors on my 2013 and i was kinda mehhh about them. Picked up a 15 and thinking about the Rok Blokz this time.

    The RBs look like they stick out alot further on the front
    I have the RBs on my '15 and I love them. I tossed around the idea of RA but I couldn't justify the price... and I'm not a fan of the glossy finish. The RBs provide great protection from the snow and salt.
    “Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.” - David Rains Wallace

    2015 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium - Dark Grey Metallic

  13. #12
    Registered User strudinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rocklin,CA
    Posts
    122
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    hey sweet ride bro!!!! how do you like the Rok Blokz mudflaps ? I had rally armors on my 2013 and i was kinda mehhh about them. Picked up a 15 and thinking about the Rok Blokz this time.

    The RBs look like they stick out alot further on the front
    Thanks! I also had Rally Armors on my 08. I liked them, but I'm not crazy about the floppy-ness. The RA mounting hardware was probably slightly more durable, however the RokBlokz hardware is still really good. No way these things are going anywhere. I love how thick and durable they feel!

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    That trunk LED looks great!

    Post the process of you headlight mod when you do it. Always interested to see those as they happen.
    I'm actually planning on doing it next Friday! I'm excited/nervous about it since it's my first time doing it. I'll keep you all posted.
    BECAUSE RALLY CAR

    Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

  14. #13
    Registered User strudinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rocklin,CA
    Posts
    122
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure if I'll ever know what exactly happened, but the end result was my sun roof exploding. =\

    I was driving on the freeway (70ish mph) with no cars for at least 200 yards in front of me when I heard this loud BANG. I look up and sure enough the sun roof glass was completely shattered. I closed the shade just in case it decided to give way. Didn't want glass all over me. The next day after hours of constant crackling, it did collapse. So now I've got 10000 little glass pieces sitting on top of the sun roof shade. I called up the dealership when I got home and they want to take a look at it to determine whether or not warranty would cover it or not. The only way it wouldn't is if they notice evidence of an impact from another object. If they don't cover it, it's about $650 to get it replaced.

    Oh well... it is what it is.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0227151659.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	186761
    BECAUSE RALLY CAR

    Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

  15. #14
    Registered User nsibanez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    3,677
    Quote Originally Posted by strudinox View Post
    I'm not sure if I'll ever know what exactly happened, but the end result was my sun roof exploding. =\

    I was driving on the freeway (70ish mph) with no cars for at least 200 yards in front of me when I heard this loud BANG. I look up and sure enough the sun roof glass was completely shattered. I closed the shade just in case it decided to give way. Didn't want glass all over me. The next day after hours of constant crackling, it did collapse. So now I've got 10000 little glass pieces sitting on top of the sun roof shade. I called up the dealership when I got home and they want to take a look at it to determine whether or not warranty would cover it or not. The only way it wouldn't is if they notice evidence of an impact from another object. If they don't cover it, it's about $650 to get it replaced.

    Oh well... it is what it is.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0227151659.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	186761
    Holy hell
    Stinkeye member 520

  16. #15
    The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,630
    I Support ClubWRX
    That sucks!
    I'm glad you weren't injured.
    I hope the dealer pays to fix it, good luck my friend.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

    2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

    My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •