Better late than never
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Better late than never within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I purchased my WRX right after the new one was announced. I did not like it. I was holding ...

Better late than never

Well, I purchased my WRX right after the new one was announced. I did not like it. I was holding off till 2015, but well. That didn't happen. I searched far and wide to find a Hatch in white. That was a miserable fail. I searched even farther for a hatch that wasn't the premium (was in my senior year of college, just about to graduate. Boy was I broke). But I needed a new car, and my GF convinced me to get one I would enjoy, since I haven't had one I've enjoyed since I totaled my wrangler. So I hunted and hunted, and found a few around the tri-state area. They were all being sold by the time I arrived at the dealer, stupid me, I did not think to look the forums too much. I could have just contacted (Insert name here for the guy at Ramsey because I'm temporarily forgetting it). Then I remembered I had an ex-coworker who now worked at a Subaru Dealer. As soon as I contacted him, he sent me pictures of a 2014 ISM Hatch Base model that he was pulling off the truck. I told him I would be there within that hour to buy it. Well, turns out, it was a dealer trade. So, they were sending it to another dealer. Not only was I bummed, so was he. So after pushing, calling, harassing, threatening, beer buying, and some finagling I had him on the hunt as well. After about 10 days, he calls me up, and tells me he worked out a deal to get that car back. And if I wanted it, I needed to come to the dealer to sign a form saying I was going to buy it, once it was back. So I left my Advance Plant Physiology class and broke many laws to get to the dealer. I signed the papers... After a couple days the car came in. And well, now here's where it gets fun. I was approved for a college graduate loan from Subaru my first visit to the dealer to buy the car. So, no problems there. Since the car was sold, they canceled my loan. Which at the time was no big deal. But then, 12 days later I'm trying to get another one (I didn't realize it would drastically change my outcome) but this time I needed a co-signer. So, great. I did not talk to my parents that often at this time, and pretty much had my close friends and GF. To top it all off, this was finals week as well. Way to much stress. Next thing I know, I get a phone call from my buddy at the dealer, and he was like you got a co-signer. Come pick up your car. Well, turns out It was my girlfriend, she ended up co-signing my car. And now here I sit. 8 months later, with my WRX that I love. That I barely get to drive. I live in North Jersey, and currently have a lab at Columbia University doing research on Heart Disease, where I go in early and leave late. But the weekends sure are fun. Anyways.. Sorry for the story. I like writing! Heres my hopes and dreams, and then reality.

What I want:
    A reliable daily driver, that can take me to point A and B and sometimes C (when I have time). And along the way, I want to have as much fun as possible.
    -AP
    -Intake
    -Exhaust
    -Suspension (got to rid of this body roll)
    -Wheels and tires
    -Wrap
    -and more

The reality:
    A headache, and the need for constantly more power.

What I've done so far:
    [Pics to follow tonight as I am on my lab computer and have no pictures here]
    Nothing really performance wise. I've been nervous of voiding warranties. But now that I've decided to not GAF, an AP, Exhuast, and intake are in the works.

-Mudflaps: GF bought these for my birthday
    -Headlights: Baked them, was in the process of doing black with the blue ring and highs, but... When I painted the blue, I was too mesmerized by the color shifting properties it had on the chrome. So, I kept them... For now. Thinking of eventually adding the black. But, I can say, it's quite original!
    -I also added a blue light into the grill. I've always been fascinated by lights. But I enjoy the look of it.

Well, that's it so far. Any comments, questions, points, tips, anything would be appreciated!
    Last edited by MarkkInNj; 12-10-2014 at 08:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not a fan of all the blue but as long as your going all around why not. Time to get some blue lugs, and maybe a thing blue led strip hidden around the hood scoop. Good luck with the car. At times I wish I did get the hatch.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Not a fan of all the blue but as long as your going all around why not. Time to get some blue lugs, and maybe a thing blue led strip hidden around the hood scoop. Good luck with the car. At times I wish I did get the hatch.
    Well, maybe its secretly because I wanted a blue hatch... lol But the lights I only have on some times. I built the LEDs for the grill, it was more of a fun task then anything.

I Support ClubWRX
    Some winter mods that you can do would tints and also maybe an HID retrofit tail light over lays and an new HU and an ebay lip
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Some winter mods that you can do would tints and also maybe an HID retrofit tail light over lays and an new HU and an ebay lip
    The tint is coming as well. My buddy owns a tinting company, and since I moved up north, have had little time to get south where I'm from.. And The taillights I like the stock, only on the silver. I have a set of overlays sitting on my bench lol and the lip is another thing I'm looking at soon too! Thanks for the input!

I Support ClubWRX
    Led vent turn signals would be another thing you can do maybe a license plate relocation

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looking good!
    Getting the car you really want is never easy.
    My sales guy David at my local dealer, he finds my cars for me.
    Love that color Ice Silver, my 13 is the same color.
    Check out my build tread, bottom of my signature.
    Keep us posted.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Shifter bushings kartboy short throw a shift knob maybe from WC Lathwerks (but need a sock of sorts over it in the cold and hot temps) sway bars end links group n mount.

If you have a garage a nice claying and some sealant and wax to help protect the rest of the awesome NJ winter

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Turn In Concepts has the holy shift kit for $100.
    Well worth it, also the rear differential bushing inserts are an awesome mod.
    I did all the bushings in my car, what a difference.
    And it shifts super smooth.
    These will get rid of most of the body roll.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Also you need a rotated intake manifold with custom powder coated IC pipes, FMIC, IC spray kit or a Cryo2 IC chiller, rotated turbo, custom catted down pipe, forged internals, new bearings, new slim radiator, silicone pipes, tgv deleats, phelonic spacers, fuel pump upgrade, top feed injectors, boost controller, fuel pressure regulator, blow through MAF or MAP set up, new BOV, external waste gate at least 60mm, ARK exhaust, new headers EL or UL (up to you), exhaust wrap, yellow top battery with trunk relocation, big 3 ground kit, pitch stop mount, chassis bracing, carbon fenders doors and trunk, gauges tons of gauges, aftermarket ECU, Crawford air oil separator, killer B oil pan and pick up, light weight crank pulley

I think that would make a easy daily driver
    Last edited by cflip2x; 12-10-2014 at 10:08 AM.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Good read! The LED's aren't my style but as long as you like them that's what matters. Also I like your take on the headlights!
    You could add some Hella Supertones in blue to the front!
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Looking good!
    Getting the car you really want is never easy.
    My sales guy David at my local dealer, he finds my cars for me.
    Love that color Ice Silver, my 13 is the same color.
    Check out my build tread, bottom of my signature.
    Keep us posted.
    Thanks Man! I will give your build a read!

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Good read! The LED's aren't my style but as long as you like them that's what matters. Also I like your take on the headlights!
    You could add some Hella Supertones in blue to the front!
    Thanks Mr. Wayne! Yeah, it's different. And it changes depending on the lighting.. So it's neat. And I haven't really seen it anywhere.

Also you need a rotated intake manifold with custom powder coated IC pipes, FMIC, IC spray kit or a Cryo2 IC chiller, rotated turbo, custom catted down pipe, forged internals, new bearings, new slim radiator, silicone pipes, tgv deleats, phelonic spacers, fuel pump upgrade, top feed injectors, boost controller, fuel pressure regulator, blow through MAF or MAP set up, new BOV, external waste gate at least 60mm, ARK exhaust, new headers EL or UL (up to you), exhaust wrap, yellow top battery with trunk relocation, big 3 ground kit, pitch stop mount, chassis bracing, carbon fenders doors and trunk, gauges tons of gauges, aftermarket ECU, Crawford air oil separator
    You left off stickers

I Support ClubWRX
    Well if you mean those "illest" stickers im not a fan but you do usually get them with the parts. Or you can always put them on your tool box instead for a cleaner look. Also + 1 on starting a build in the actual build thread section.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.