silver 08 build.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on silver 08 build. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; got this 08 for a good price back in the summer as the miata kinda is a crappy dd in ...

silver 08 build.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10581529_894863263857033_1723027014_n.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	175274 got this 08 for a good price back in the summer as the miata kinda is a crappy dd in pa. worked out some of the small issues the wrx needed and am finally starting the build. put an invidia n1 race on today and it actually feels a bit less plugged up. stock exhaust looks like someone threw a huge clamp on it and crushed a section.

anyone have any idea what these bushings are called? this crap suspension is next on the list of things to fix before setting up for a bigger turbo.

Name:	10811444_894863260523700_187775778_n.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	175282

Name:	10814343_894863257190367_14213386_n.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	175290

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Bushings in the pic are the lower control arms.
    You'll want to do those, subframe positive shift kit inserts.
    Rear differential inserts, tranny mount, steering rack brace and bushings.
    Also the pitch stop mount, and engine mounts.
    Basically start at the front and work your way to the back.
    Replacing all the bushings along the way.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Bushings in the pic are the lower control arms.
    You'll want to do those, subframe positive shift kit inserts.
    Rear differential inserts, tranny mount, steering rack brace and bushings.
    Also the pitch stop mount, and engine mounts.
    Basically start at the front and work your way to the back.
    Replacing all the bushings along the way.
    is there a good place to buy all of this stuff all at once?

I Support ClubWRX
    Turn In Concepts. Holy shift kit, is awesome.
    They'll have most of these parts in different kits.
    Also check out RallySports Direct, they will have any parts Turn in doesn't have.
    Pay attention to the fitment guide, some 08 parts are different than 09-10 and 11-14 parts.
    If you need help or have questions post them.
    We will help you.

Definitely wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
    They'll be worth it.

http://turninconcepts.com/driveline....wrx-2008-71882
    Last edited by TownLine500; 11-20-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

ill probably try to grab those lower control arm bushings really soon. could use some new break pads as well. while checking the exhaust bolts i did find a pretty large bend in one of my wheels, thinking thats the source of the lumpyness on highways. i could really use some help figuring out the best way to go tuning wise as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well as far as tuning, I like the Cobb AP myself.
    I have two custom protuned maps, and the OTS maps.
    You could go this route, or their is also the Tatricx cable with laptop interface for tuning and logging.
    Or option 3 would be to just have it Protuned, a good option but not if you intend on adding more mods.
    The Cobb AP can grow with your mods. For example stage1 is an ECU re flash, the gives the car more power and torque. You can also add a Cobb SF intake or AEM intake, then reflash the AP for your new intake.
    Then you can add a Downpipe (I have a catted Cobb DP) and switch the Cobb AP to stage2 maps.
    You will see bigger HP gains at stage2. That's where I'm at power wise.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I agree with Townline on the AP. I have had an AP for all of my subarus. Although they are a bit pricey, the advantage of having that tool is well worth it. It can store dozens of different maps, you can mount it and watch up to 6 different gauges at once, you can check and clear check engine lights, and much more.

But again townline has it right, especially with the 08. The 08 wrx is the so called black sheep of the newer generation wrx's. The worst thing with the 08 is the weak and sloppy suspension. Best thing to do is exactly what Townline said. Start with replacing at many bushings/mounts as you can, mixed with a nice strut/spring combo or coilovers. Then move onto performance.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

some of these braces and the suspension is most likely the first thing ill tackle. i may try to pick up a decent set of coilovers too since this suspension is so soft. maybe a good set of sway bars and strut tower braces would help too.
    as for tuning my issue is the ots cobb maps really wont be all that useful so im questioning if its actually worth spending all that money. being able to save multiple tunes does sound pretty useful though. the main goal i have for it is to have more top end. probably going to go for a bigger turbo with supporting mods and maybe a port and polish. im just trying to figure out how to build without having to pay a fortune for a tune every time i get a part.

I know my tuner (and most) charges an initial fee for a pro tune with the access port. After the first then I can come back any time for adjustments with new parts and only pay for dyno time. And like you mentioned, it's nice having the option to have multiple tunes, for example I have a 93 octane map and will be adding an E85 one next summer.

2011 SWP Sedan

Tuned by Keenan @ All Aspects Motorsports / 322WHP / 330 ft/lbs TQ
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...swp-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by D's WRX View Post
    I know my tuner (and most) charges an initial fee for a pro tune with the access port. After the first then I can come back any time for adjustments with new parts and only pay for dyno time. And like you mentioned, it's nice having the option to have multiple tunes, for example I have a 93 octane map and will be adding an E85 one next summer.
    That's my plan as well. The fuel here in az is just crap. Got a bad batch of 91..well a bit lower then 91 (ACN91 SPECIAL crap) and decided I want to do e85. And be able to switch between pump and e85 if needed. The accessport is perfect for that
    Stinkeye member 520

the time has come to do bushings i think. i just wanted to make 100% sure that this was the bushing that replaces this one before ordering it. Whiteline Lower Inner Rear Control Arm Bushings Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2010 WRX / STI) W53353 at RallySportDirect.com Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10814343_894863257190367_14213386_n.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	177777
    also anyone ever do them before? ive heard people say theyre not really easy to get out. im just wondering if this is something that would just be better to have a shop do.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.