15 WRB WRX Base, Newtown, PA
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 15 WRB WRX Base, Newtown, PA within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just picked it up on Saturday 11/8/14. I wanted to start a build thread and today was the first ...

15 WRB WRX Base, Newtown, PA

I just picked it up on Saturday 11/8/14. I wanted to start a build thread and today was the first chance i've had to fully detail the car and get on here with pictures.

Dealer Installed:
    Wrx Door Sills
    Wheel Locks
    STI Shift Knob
    Subaru Winter Mats

Mod:
    11/9/14: Trunk Debadge

Plans are to stick to exterior mods and engine dress up for now and I am planning on a nameless axle back in the spring. Then once I hit around 10k to go with stage 1 and a turbo back exhaust, hoping by then some after market short shifters and more performance parts start rolling out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_5117.jpg   DSC_5107.jpg   DSC_5114.jpg   DSC_5115.jpg   DSC_5116.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice Eagle. Are you planning on a second set of wheels/winter tires?
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

I got all seasons put on it this week. Still haven't found a set of wheels I'm in love with yet. I'd like to do a set of summer wheels with the oem tires for now. The other thing I'm looking for is a nice spoiler. One of the reasons I went with base is i just did not like the lip. I want something between that and the STI wing. More along the lines of the bug eyes spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by eaglegreen View Post
    I got all seasons put on it this week. Still haven't found a set of wheels I'm in love with yet. I'd like to do a set of summer wheels with the oem tires for now. The other thing I'm looking for is a nice spoiler. One of the reasons I went with base is i just did not like the lip. I want something between that and the STI wing. More along the lines of the bug eyes spoiler
    Definitely keep us posted on what you come up with as products are developed regarding the wing. Good luck tomorrow at Lambeau!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

How're you liking it so far?

And nice to see another Bucks county guy on here. I'm right by you, in Yardley.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I love it. I had an 02 when they came out and have been dying to get another one. The 15 has completely exceeded my expectations. I don't see too many around here though. Saturday I saw a 12 or 13 black sti in newtown and someone right who works in Langhorne got a 15 Wrx with STI exhaust. It was painful watching them drive by my office everyday at 3:30 while I was waiting for mine to come in. I can't wait for warmer weather to start some mods on it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglegreen View Post
    Keep me posted on the all seasons. I thought about getting them for my '15, but opted for some winters. My family lives over in Sch. County and up in the Poconos, so some form of winter traction is needed!
    “Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.” - David Rains Wallace

2015 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium - Dark Grey Metallic

I'll let you know how they turn out. I commute up to Bloomsburg for work about once a month. I got them from my old mechanic up there. 380 for the tires mounted balanced and installed. We will see how they do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416770158.671974.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	175530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416770171.821822.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	175538

First little mod. Have a few more on their way.

How'd you debadged the back? And was there any paint chips?

Sent from my iPhone bitch using Tapatalk

I just use fishing line and go behind the badges then they come right off. That leaves behind all the adhesive. I just work it off with my fingers gently. After that some goo off to rub it down and then wash and wax it good. No chips no marks. A lot of guys use a hair dryer to soften the adhesive but I never have and never had an issue. Worked well on three cars so far.

It's time!!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416869858.734940.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	175650

One more little addition Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416880858.560772.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	175666

Just did the first oil change today. Added a Greddy Magnetic drain plug and went with Redline 5W30 oil and a Greddy filter. Just waiting on my badge overlays which should be arriving today and then it will be time to order some more

Looking good man! Why did you decide to go with a greddy oil filter btw? Not that it really matters, just curious. Most performance shops always use a genuine subaru oil filter because they are apparently the best. I never knew this until I had my 06 wrx a few years back. Did some modding to it, got it tuned and and had the tuner do an oil change with motul. (best oil IMO) and they told me that they always use subaru filters, even on higher hp cars because, simply put, they are better.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.