2008 WRX Build
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, so when I got the car, it didn't handle very well, the top end with the TD04 is non ...

2008 WRX Build

ok, so when I got the car, it didn't handle very well, the top end with the TD04 is non existent, but that's all about to change.

so far suspension and breaking:
    -dropped it an inch on Eibach pro springs
    -megan racing H-Frame connector
    -Drilled and slotted rotors
    -Hawk break pads

At this point I am happy with the handling, but I am going to do sway bars, just a question of what sway bars because I am lowered and from what I understand white lines wont work.

Engine
    -Just ordered my accessport and aem intake
    -looking for a catted down pipe and im thinking about straight pipes, 3 inches, to the back.

in your opinion, whats the next step after the exhaust? vf52? i only want 280-300 horsepower, that's it. does a boost controller ever come into play at this stage?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd skip drilled and slotted rotors. Just no need for them...prone to cracking and also wear down pads quicker.

Hawk Pads are a good upgrade. I'd look into stainless steel brake lines while you're there. Possibly even a master cylinder brace.

I'd skip the H-Brace and look into sways and endlinks first. Eibach springs aren't bad, but consider RCE Blacks or Yellows, along with Koni inserts, KYB AGX, or Tokico D-Spec struts. You'll be happy with all of that.

VF52 would be a very welcome fit. It's a good little turbo and going stage 2 on it will go a long way. Any kind of boost control would come down to your tuner's preference. Some like them...some don't. I'm going a little past stage 2 (TMIC upgrade) this weekend and my tuner said it's not necessary. ECU and tuning is very good with its boost control.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    To upgrade the turbo doesn't 19transam81 need new injectors, fuel pump and custom tune?
    Or can you just turbo swap an 08 WRX?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	173314

Lowered, clay bar, wax

He'll need the tune of course, but from what I understand replacing the injectors and fuel pump would only give you more headroom. The 09 wrxs (correct me if i'm wrong) have the same injectors and pump as our 08's do.

I Support ClubWRX
    If they are the same hell want to upgrade them. I remember seeing somewhere on this forum the 09 hit injectors almost max out or do sometimes. It'd be a good idea I think regardless
    Stinkeye member 520

I plan to do the turbo last. Ill get everything ready for it, then change the turbo. Injectors and a pump are on that list, I wanted to go e85 at that time too. All my research is telling me that I will be around 235-245 awhp after Wednesday when I get my AP.

Views:	166 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	173434
    New led lights in the cabin, this is obviously the map light, I did the license plate lights and the trunk interior lights as well.

Views:	167 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	173442
    Red painted calipers, adds a bit of flair, I'm thinking either gold or black for the wheels.

Views:	165 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	173450
    Changed the fogs to yellow bulbs, HIDs are going in next.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_hatch View Post
    He'll need the tune of course, but from what I understand replacing the injectors and fuel pump would only give you more headroom. The 09 wrxs (correct me if i'm wrong) have the same injectors and pump as our 08's do.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    If they are the same hell want to upgrade them. I remember seeing somewhere on this forum the 09 hit injectors almost max out or do sometimes. It'd be a good idea I think regardless

They are the same size pump and injectors...so you CAN just swap the turbos...and even go stage 2 that way. However you do basically max out injector duty cycles once you get to Stage 2 levels on the VF52.

It all depends on what his plan is for teh futurez.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Views:	152 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	174050

HIDs are in. What are you guys using for the high beams?

Views:	151 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	174058

AP came today, got it used from a member for 375. Stage 1 is noticeable, pulls till redline now.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have high beams. Changed to led drl
    Stinkeye member 520

What are your thoughts on the launch control and FFS? Chevy had them stock on the cobalt, I don't know how they made it safe. My buddy blew out his clutch in his rsxs doing FFS , without a mod. Just going ham on the gear box.

Quote Originally Posted by 19transam81 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the launch control and FFS? Chevy had them stock on the cobalt, I don't know how they made it safe. My buddy blew out his clutch in his rsxs doing FFS , without a mod. Just going ham on the gear box.
    Personally not worth it. Part of the fun of driving a performance car with a manual is rev matching...helps to show how much of a skilled driver you really are. Going HAM on any gearbox is just asking for trouble IMO. Not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    To upgrade the turbo doesn't 19transam81 need new injectors, fuel pump and custom tune?
    Just a tune and an ebcs to run that turbo. Its drop in direct but just needs a tune. With any turbo upgrade its better to do the fuel but not needed since this one is stock for the newer WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post

Views:	129 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	181737

Got my COBB intake, new, from a forum member. Install was as easy as pie, changed the tune to stage 1 +sf 93 octane. Thing sounds great, I'm very happy with it. Had the AEM lined up but then stumbled across the COBB, couldn't pass up the price. I want to do some big bright lights in the grill, in the summer, it's to cold right now to do anything. So if any one has an idea of what lights I should get and how I should get them behind the grill, I'm all ears....
    Last edited by 19transam81; 01-14-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Views:	126 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	181753

This is where I want the lights to go

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.