2013 STI GETING SOME LOVE
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 STI GETING SOME LOVE within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, Ive had this car for some time now and decided to give it some love. I just placed ...

2013 STI GETTING SOME LOVE

Hey guys, Ive had this car for some time now and decided to give it some love. I just placed an order for some parts as its currently only running a COBB OTS stage 1. Not looking to go all out at once. Just a few things at a time. Annnnnddddd it def needs a bit more pep as it feels slow compared to my old modded 335i. Any suggestions are welcomed. New to subarus so ill be learning as I mod. All the labor will be done by me and some help from the guys at work. I have access to a lift at any time so that helps... After parts install I will take it down to COBB SOCAL for a 91 & e85 tune. Cant wait! so.. what do you guys think of the list so far? I hope I make some decent numbers..

CURRENT MODS:
    -COBB AP

SITTING IN MY ROOM
    -Cosworth FMIC
    -Cusco Oil Catch Ca
    -GS Downpipe (w/ adapter to stock exhaust)
    -GS UPpipe/ TIAL EWG 38mm (w/ GS bracket for IWG)
    -COBB EBC
    -COBB 1000CC Injectors
    -DW 265 Fuel Pump

IN THE MAIL
    FP 71hta 64mm Ported / IWG
    Last edited by bamsucka; 12-09-2014 at 06:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No aftermarket catback?

Spend all your mod money on that FMIC and couldn't afford a better lip?!?! haha.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would just get a bigger TMIC.
    What about the cat back?
    Swaybars are a worthwhile mod.
    Plus there are a whole lot of bushings to replace.
    This will tighten up your driveline, prepping the car for future upgrades.
    Pro tunes are awesome I have 2 loaded on my V3 AP.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Don't listen to them! Stock catback is cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Rondizzle View Post
    No aftermarket catback?
    Nope. I want an Invidia q 300 but it's hard to justify.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Spend all your mod money on that FMIC and couldn't afford a better lip?!?! haha.
    I bought it s used it's basically new and it cost me what a cheap tmic would have cost. So could skip on it. Besides fmic looks mean

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    I would just get a bigger TMIC.
    What about the cat back?
    Swaybars are a worthwhile mod.
    Plus there are a whole lot of bushings to replace.
    This will tighten up your driveline, prepping the car for future upgrades.
    Pro tunes are awesome I have 2 loaded on my V3 AP.
    Suspension is next. Coils and sways? Have to do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Don't listen to them! Stock catback is cool!
    For now. Lol. Again I may end up with a cheapy.l like tsudo. I just can't justify the cost of them

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly just spend the money on a quality cat back.
    I tried to go cost effective in the beginning, but having issues with parts and or installs is not worth the headaches. We have our own parts vendors here. Way better prices than RallySports.
    WTF Tuning are the resident experts. The Q300 is a nice system, I feel it's a little overpriced.
    I got my N1 on Amazon for $600. Shop around before you decide, and talk to Matthew at WTF. His prices are awesome. And he has the technical expertise.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Honestly just spend the money on a quality cat back.
    I tried to go cost effective in the beginning, but having issues with parts and or installs is not worth the headaches. We have our own parts vendors here. Way better prices than RallySports.
    WTF Tuning are the resident experts. The Q300 is a nice system, I feel it's a little overpriced.
    I got my N1 on Amazon for $600. Shop around before you decide, and talk to Matthew at WTF. His prices are awesome. And he has the technical expertise.
    Gotcha. An exhaust may very well be my next mod. I just wnted some power bofore sounding fast. i wnt a quad tip. Ill keep my out out for one on the FS threads. Ill reach out to mathew too. thanks for the advise.

Im pretty sure I have all needed for my first tune. Am I missing anything simple that may make a difference?

UPDATE: All parts are collecting dust in my room. Hahaa.

BIGGER UPDATE: Postponed parts install from this weekend to next month

BIGGEST UPDATE: Ordered a 71HTA from FP so all the parts will go in when this puppy comes in...
    Last edited by bamsucka; 11-26-2014 at 09:00 AM.

I'm gonna assume that you mean HTA not HTP, but anyway, im gonna assume you've driven a 350+ WHP car before. If you're going from stage 1 to aftermarket turbo that's a pretty big jump! Good choice in snail tho may want to consider a new clutch too. What's your power goal? Judging by your mod list I'm assuming you know what you're getting into, so sorry for all the questions haha.

What options did you go with on the turbo? Ported? 84mm inlet?

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    I'm gonna assume that you mean HTA not HTP, but anyway, im gonna assume you've driven a 350+ WHP car before. If you're going from stage 1 to aftermarket turbo that's a pretty big jump! Good choice in snail tho may want to consider a new clutch too. What's your power goal? Judging by your mod list I'm assuming you know what you're getting into, so sorry for all the questions haha.

What options did you go with on the turbo? Ported? 84mm inlet?
    Yeah HTA. Ive owned a few cars id consider to be pretty fast.

91 miata 240WHP
    2007 335i 342WHP
    93 240sx 325WHP (sitting at home)

No clutch plans as of now. Not really sure what id like as far as power. Dont want a very agressive tunes. so on pump 340whp would be nice. 370-380 on e85? As far as the turbo I went with the stock 64mm IWG and ported. I didnt do 84mm only because it requires deletion of the TGV. I dont want to have to do that. Im not tring to extract every single horse power out of this thing. When that time comes, ill be doing a rotated setup as well.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You will probably want to replace the BPV.. the stock one on your year model usually starts leaking around 18-19psi, so if you want to run higher boost than that you could have trouble reaching your targets with the stock BPV.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    You will probably want to replace the BPV.. the stock one on your year model usually starts leaking around 18-19psi, so if you want to run higher boost than that you could have trouble reaching your targets with the stock BPV.
    I would think the stock Sti BPV would be fine up past 18-19. I had always thought it was the plastic WRX BPV that had concerns past the mentioned PSI levels.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I would think the stock Sti BPV would be fine up past 18-19. I had always thought it was the plastic WRX BPV that had concerns past the mentioned PSI levels.

Ah, you're probably right.. I failed to realize we were talking about a STi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.