2013 Hatch Build - slowly but surely..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 Hatch Build - slowly but surely.. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Finally getting around to making a build thread for my car. I didnt feel that my car was worthy of ...

2013 Hatch Build - slowly but surely..

Finally getting around to making a build thread for my car. I didnt feel that my car was worthy of its own "build thread" but I have bought some goodies and I feel like shes starting to come along now.

Exterior
    -Debadged front WRX emblem (going to do the back eventually)
    -RallyArmor UR MudFlaps (Blue Text)
    -Tinted windows (previous owner had it done)
    -Red Tail Lights Tinted (previous owner did them, I am going to strip and redo them)
    -LED Reverse & License Plate Lights
    -HID Headlights (Previous Owner installed, They certainly appear aftermarket. Did a lot of reading about lights and I am not sure if these were properly retrofitted but I havent heard any complains from friends about lights when driving)

Interior
    -Kenwood DNX890HD (Need to order harness and SWC adapter to install)
    -Replaced all interior lights with LED (Ultra White)

Drive train
    -Kartboy Short Throw Shifter
    -Kartboy Front Bushing
    -Kartboy Rear Bushing
    -Anarchy Motive: Mammoth Shift Knob//Matte Black (Placed order 2 weeks ago, should be shipping in the next week)

Engine
    - Torqued Performance: Stage 1 tune

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10623375_941088962585020_5670335389971956864_o.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	168882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10649093_947299778630605_9201732247212779027_o.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	168890

Not much done yet but I am making progress slowly. Not entirely sure what I am going to do next lol.. I will update accordingly

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

She's worthy of a thread! More photos, and keep us posted.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Nice!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Ewwwwww WRB who gets that???? :P If you can get a pic of the light output for the HID's. It would be nice to do the correct retrofit but since you have projectors already it wont be as bad as those who put them kits in reflector bowls. If your going to order wiring harness for the stereo I suggest going to Subaru radio and radio wiring harness information if you havent yet.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Ewwwwww WRB who gets that???? :P If you can get a pic of the light output for the HID's. It would be nice to do the correct retrofit but since you have projectors already it wont be as bad as those who put them kits in reflector bowls. If your going to order wiring harness for the stereo I suggest going to Subaru radio and radio wiring harness information if you havent yet.
    I will try to get a pic of the output of the HID's. What would be a desired image? like a head on shot? or a pic from inside the car against a wall or on the road?
    I have been meaning to tear them apart and see what kind of kit the previous owner used on it- just haven't got to it yet.

In regards to the wiring harness, I have already made myself familiar with that site and plan on getting one from him. I am just really impatient so I am waiting until I can afford the steering wheel controls so I can just do it all in one install instead of one thing then the other. I know if I order the harness I will install it on a day that I need time to kill. lol.

Where would be a good place to mount the GPS sensor for the radio? the instructions say on the dash, but I have seen them on the windscreen too. Also, I have been looking into rear view cameras, but I haven't put serious effort into it. Off the top of your head, do you know of any quality made cameras? and how much of a PITA are they to install? it seems like it woudnt be too hard, just a lot of hiding wires through the length of the car lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    You want to get a pic if the light output roughly against a wall with the car 20ft away. I put my xm antenna on my hood no GPS though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

You want to get a pic if the light output roughly against a wall with the car 20ft away. I put my xm antenna on my hood no GPS though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Alright man, I will try to get one tonight.

I Support ClubWRX
    I just got a cheap ebay one and I am very happy with it. We'll see how it holds up to a north east winter. Its not difficult to install. If anything the "problem" is tucking in the trim back around the weather seal. There are enough guides out there.

As for HID take a look at this to get an Idea of what might be going on. Another quick way is if you can look at the bulbs if they are a D2S style then its a retrofit if you have a bunch of wires coming out of the back of the headlight caps then it could still be a proper HID retrofit but they used different types of bulbs ( I would still put money on plug n play)

HID in a reflector headlight (light goes everywhere)

HID in a halogen projector (better then a reflector. you can see brighter/hot spots and some glare above the cut off line)

HID in a HID projector (sharp cut off line even spread of light)

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I just got a cheap ebay one and I am very happy with it. We'll see how it holds up to a north east winter. Its not difficult to install. If anything the "problem" is tucking in the trim back around the weather seal. There are enough guides out there.

As for HID take a look at this to get an Idea of what might be going on. Another quick way is if you can look at the bulbs if they are a D2S style then its a retrofit if you have a bunch of wires coming out of the back of the headlight caps then it could still be a proper HID retrofit but they used different types of bulbs ( I would still put money on plug n play)

HID in a reflector headlight (light goes everywhere)

HID in a halogen projector (better then a reflector. you can see brighter/hot spots and some glare above the cut off line)

HID in a HID projector (sharp cut off line even spread of light)

My light beam looks like the last one (HID in HID projector)
    - Is that good? does that indicate that it was a proper retrofit? or what? lol

Actually...it would. ha.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup should be a proper retrofit. Can you also take a pic of the front and back of the lights just for my own curiosity. Want to see if the previous owner painted the headlights

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.