My Dream Car Has Finally Arrived.. TIME TO PERSONALIZE! - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Dream Car Has Finally Arrived.. TIME TO PERSONALIZE! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yea I actually have a kartboy short shifter and bushings combo. I can always try to get it covered. The ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea I actually have a kartboy short shifter and bushings combo. I can always try to get it covered. The worse they can do is say no. I doubt they will cover it though.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh View Post
    Yea I actually have a kartboy short shifter and bushings combo. I can always try to get it covered. The worse they can do is say no. I doubt they will cover it though.
    That was the Kartboy I was referring to. They probably will not care for all those go fast stickers, especially since you actually have the parts. Give it a shot though man, some dealers are more mod friendly than others? Good luck, and let us know
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Full warranty is up at 3yrs 36k. Drive train warranty is 5yrs, 60k miles.

Find a dealer that is mod friendly. We have a couple around the Tri-State area...not sure about up there though

I had a buddy who took his car for a warranty claim when his 1st-2nd Syncro gave out...needless to say, he'd been through a GT35R rotated setup and back and was currently sitting at Stage 2 protuned + other goodies at 350whp...pulled his tranny, replaced synchro...gave the car back. No questions asked. Car was 6 miles away from 60k.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Full warranty is up at 3yrs 36k. Drive train warranty is 5yrs, 60k miles.

Find a dealer that is mod friendly. We have a couple around the Tri-State area...not sure about up there though

I had a buddy who took his car for a warranty claim when his 1st-2nd Syncro gave out...needless to say, he'd been through a GT35R rotated setup and back and was currently sitting at Stage 2 protuned + other goodies at 350whp...pulled his tranny, replaced synchro...gave the car back. No questions asked. Car was 6 miles away from 60k.
    Now that is a dealer who takes care of their customers. My local dealership is customer oriented like your friends, they are highly recommended. Especially with communities like ours, a lot of dealers know about our club. And they typically are all about customer service. If I was not happy about dealerships handling of warranty claims, It would be all over here and other nameless sites that customers are not happy. My dealer has sent me more surveys than I have seen in my life. All for the improvement of dealer.
    Josh how many miles are on your car now?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Back from the boonies of Millinocket Maine and the horrors of putting 91 into my car. Had a great time. Went hiking and then took the Subie out looking for difficult roads to drive down and roads to go sideways on at 30MPH. Lucky me I found both! It's crazy how many incredible back roads are in northern Maine. The road in the first picture had me going completely sideways tach'ing out 2nd gear which was a little scary so I just had some fun in 1st. The road in the second pictures was very difficult to drive down, but it was a lot of fun. The last two pictures is how my car looks now that I'm back!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2221.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	164369

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2224.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	164377
    Last edited by SubaruWRXJosh; 09-01-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not happy till it gets dirty.
    Then clean again.
    Nice pics of Flat4 AWD in its natural habitat!
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    It's not happy till it gets dirty.
    Then clean again.
    Nice pics of Flat4 AWD in its natural habitat!
    Haha thanks man! Just debadged my trunk and washed and waxed the car. Am loving the new clean look of the trunk!
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    But I don't SEE debadged trunk?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    But I don't SEE debadged trunk?
    Haha sorry man! Dropped my phone in the sink last week so I'm using the GF's Nikon J1 for pics now. Need to grab it and snap some pics!
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh View Post
    Continued from the new members discussion...

"So about 4 years ago I owned a 2004 WRX. I was a little too young to handle a car like that so it resulted in speeding tickets and me selling the car to pay court fees. Fast forward to now. I haven't gotten a single speeding ticket in 3 years and I literally thought about my Subie everyday. The 2003 Legacy Wagon I had just wasn't cutting it. It was a tad bit boring for me. Went out and found myself a 2013 Subaru WRX Premium with 33k on it. The car was amazing and in great condition. Wasn't owned by some 20 year old. Took her for an hour long test drive... and then another hour long test drive .... let's just say I killed half a tank of gas test driving it making sure everything was in good working order. So I went to my bank and 20 minutes later walked out with a very large treasurers check. Bought the car and was ecstatic. Went outside to call Liberty Mutual and they worked out a quote of $14,000 a year. About $1200 a month. I died a little inside. Went back inside and told them that I had to return the car. After calming down a little bit I figured that I might as well call some other companies. Made a call to Progressive and they quoted me at $314 a month. I was dumbfounded. I kept asking the lady on the phone to redo the quote because that couldn't be correct. She eventually said (very nicely), "Sir, it is a very strange request to want to pay more. We would be happy to take more of your money, but we simply can't." She was extremely nice and patient the entire time. This is with comprehensive, collision, 100/300 liability, etc."
    So that's my story! I'm the proud owner of a 2013 Premium WRX. My insurance is now at $165 a month since my tickets have dropped off.

Here she is after a wash and wax after I got her! The dealership did a horrible job detailing it.

Attachment 159761

Here she is in her current state!

Attachment 163345

Current Mods

Interior

Cobra Radar Detector - $100
    Cobb Knob with Red Ring - $70
    STRi DSD Amber 52mm Boost Gauge - $180
    SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge Pod 52mm - $140
    SMY ClusterMaker Blank - $10

Exterior

35% Tint FormulaOne Comfort Series - $250
    OEM Rainguards - $100
    Black WRX Special Edition Ornaments - $60

Engine

Tactrix Openport 2.0 - $170
    Torqued Performance Stage 2 - $85
    Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe - $290
    DEI Titanium Exhaust / Header Wrap - $55
    GrimmSpeed Turbo to Downpipe Gasket - $21
    Perrin Turbo Heat Shield - $80
    SPT Exhaust - OEM

Drivetrain

Kartboy Short Shifter w/ Front & Rear Shifter Bushings - $165

Suspension

Nothing at the moment

Brakes

Nothing at the moment

Total Cost to Date - $1,756

Future Mods

Interior

JPM Coachworks Handbrake Boot Black Leather Red Stitching
    JPM Coachworks Shift Boot Black Leather Red Stitching
    JPM Coachworks Door Armrest Black Alcanatra Red Stitching
    STRi Oil Pressure Gauge

Exterior

Rally Armor UR Mudflaps Black Urethane Blue Logo
    GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocation Kit
    Perrin License Plate Delete
    Hella Supertones w/ Bracket and Wiring Harness
    Wingless Trunk
    Rolled Fenders??
    18" Aftermarket Rims
    Window Trim Chrome Delete / Black Out Kit For WRX
    WRX Sedan Tail Light Overlays (Smoked)
    3M Scotchprint 1080 Vinyl Roof Wrap
    WRX Sedan Third Brake Light Red Out Overlay

Engine

Invidia Q300 Catback Exhaust
    Process West Top Mount Intercooler
    1000cc Fuel Injectors
    Forge Bypass Valve
    Perrin Motor Mount Kit

Drivetrain

Perrin Transmission Mount
    ACT StreetLite Flywheel
    ACT Heavy Duty Performance Street Disc Clutch Kit
    Cusco RS Rear LSD 1.5 Way (R160)

Suspension

Eibach Sway Bar Kit Front Adjustable 25mm / Rear Adjustable 22mm
    Kartboy Front and Rear Endlink Combo
    Whiteline Com 'C' Caster/Camber Adjusting Strut Mount
    Control Arms
    Cusco Rear Lateral Link
    Kartboy Pitch Stop Mount

Brakes

DBA 4000 Series T-Slot Slotted Front Rotor Pair
    DBA 4000 Series T-Slot Slotted Rear Rotor Pair
    Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines Front
    Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines Rear
    Hawk HP Plus Front Brake Pads
    Hawk HP Plus Rear Brake Pads

lmfao at liberty mutual. what a joke progressive raped me on a quote when to geico pay a little over 200 a month with a 102 in a 55 speeding ticket

I Support ClubWRX
    Great news. Someone hit the back of my rear door and drove away. It's not too bad, but there is a little dent and scrapes with white paint on it. Absolutely SUCKS
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    That sucks Buddy!
    Did it happen in a parking lot?
    The good thing is small dents are easy to pull out. I had my car about 2 months and this girl that I work with whipped her door open and hit my car just above left rear wheel well. I brought it to the dealer they have a body guy who pulls dents. He couldn't get it perfect, so he didn't charge me. You can't even tell it happened. The first one always hurts the most.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I've had my car for almost two years and I don't care for the dents and paint chips. It's inevitable. All I care for now is the engine.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    That sucks Buddy!
    Did it happen in a parking lot?
    The good thing is small dents are easy to pull out. I had my car about 2 months and this girl that I work with whipped her door open and hit my car just above left rear wheel well. I brought it to the dealer they have a body guy who pulls dents. He couldn't get it perfect, so he didn't charge me. You can't even tell it happened. The first one always hurts the most.

The first cut is the deepest!
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    I've had my car for almost two years and I don't care for the dents and paint chips. It's inevitable. All I care for now is the engine.
    Yeah I'm definitely not that mad about it. Just sucks. I'm more focused on having fun with the car than the appearance. Hence me driving it deep into the woods and tearing up the heat wrap on my downpipe. I'm also more focused on the engine. Sucks that I'm so scared that my engine is going to blow up from these mods. I'm already putting money away for forged internals and all that good stuff so I can have that piece of mind. I know there isn't a huge chance of the engine blowing up, but you do hear it happening and I'm tied to this car for 7 years so I don't want anything to happen to it! I've never launched it and only boost to 7.5k once or twice a day. A lot of days I just drive it like a grandpa! Whether you are going the speed limit or 100MPH it's hard not to have fun in this car!
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium