My Dream Car Has Finally Arrived.. TIME TO PERSONALIZE! - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Dream Car Has Finally Arrived.. TIME TO PERSONALIZE! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh I appreciate all the advice guys. I'm going to throw winter tires on my stock wheels ...

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh View Post
    I appreciate all the advice guys. I'm going to throw winter tires on my stock wheels and buy some 18's for my summer tires. What brand would you guys buy if you had around $800 to spend?
    Enkei

If you don't mind...keep an eye out for used wheels as well on Craigslist and forum classifieds. You can find killer deals for that kind of stuff.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will second Michelin Pilot SuperSport summers all day long. Best tires I've ever put on a car.

If you want more of a budget tire though, Cooper Zeon RS3-S.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    What type of Enkies should I get? Performance or Tuner? I am definitely going to by a quality set of tires though and was planning on getting the SuperSports. $800-$1000 is for the wheels.
    Installed the SMY ClusterMaker today and it looks incredible. Matches the dash pattern perfectly and the boost gauge looks SO MUCH cleaner there. Will try to upload a picture tomorrow. So next up is new wheels and tires along with winter tires for my stock wheels.
    BTW I'm setting up a meet for the Lowell area over on NASIOC for anyone in the area. PM me if you are interested. Want to get a nice brigade of Subies and other nice cars together.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

Following along on your build!

Thanks for sharing!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbolag11 View Post
    Following along on your build!

Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for your interest!
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a picture of the SMY ClusterMaker in action!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140821_113349.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	162641

Review

The SMY ClusterMaker is just incredible at retaining the clean stock look while providing the ability to sport two 52mm gauges. They even sell blanks so you can fill in one of the holes in case you are just running one such as myself. The pod also comes with perfectly sized rubber bands to allow for a snug fit while giving you the option to easily remove the gauge at any time. The pattern of the pod matches the dashboard perfectly and I can't tell you enough how perfectly it matches. The machines is amazing with perfect edges and no sharp parts. Takes about 1 minute to install. Just lower the steering wheel and pull the old one off. Take the SMY and snap it in. DONE! HIGHLY recommended!
    Last edited by SubaruWRXJosh; 11-02-2014 at 10:22 AM.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Looks awesome!
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice Buddy!
    Now I'm going to have to get gauges. Looks Quality!
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Sitting at tint king right now getting my Windows tinted! Decided to go with 35% all around except the windshield to keep it legal.Will post pics when it's done! From what I hear this is the best place to get tint done. Definitely pricy compared to some other places, but I'll pay more for quality product and installation any day!
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    How much do they charge for that tint job, if you don't mind me asking?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    How much do they charge for that tint job, if you don't mind me asking?
    $250 for the entire car excluding the front window. Even the sunroof $250 is for the cheapest option which is still great quality tint. I believe it's Formula One Comfort. Ceramic was $400.0 They laser cut everything and are the only people I would trust tinting my car. Here is the finished product!

Name:	Tint1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	162809

Name:	Tint2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	162817

Name:	Tint3.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	162825
    Last edited by SubaruWRXJosh; 08-22-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks great. I'm going to do it at some point.
    I like the window rain guards, I just got some and I'm doing my car and my moms.
    I really like the look of your car. Where we live in MA you should get rally armor mud flaps.
    They help keep it clean and stops tires from throwing rocks and tar all over the sides.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    I highly recommend the window chrome delete now that you have tinted the windows. Completes the "tinted" look in my opinion. You can get vinyl overlays or do plasti-dip.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Looks great. I'm going to do it at some point.
    I like the window rain guards, I just got some and I'm doing my car and my moms.
    I really like the look of your car. Where we live in MA you should get rally armor mud flaps.
    They help keep it clean and stops tires from throwing rocks and tar all over the sides.
    Yea I'm going to DEFINITELY get some Black Mudflaps with Blue RallyArmor logos as one of my next purchases. I don't LOVE the look on the sedans, but it definitely is necessary where we live. The paint on this car has a tendancy to come off easily. Also, thanks for your kind words! We should cruise around some backroads sometime. I'm trying to get a meet together over on NASIOC. PM me when you are available if you are interested.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I highly recommend the window chrome delete now that you have tinted the windows. Completes the "tinted" look in my opinion. You can get vinyl overlays or do plasti-dip.
    DEFINITELY my next purchase right there! Also going to get the 3m Vinyl Roof wrap. Loving how that looks. Also what I told him ^ also goes for you. If you are interested PM me your availability. I'd like to get a nice meet scheduled. I'm actually going camping in Maine next weekend. Don't know if you are going to be available to meet then, but I'd love to meet some of you guys as long as you don't kill me hahaha
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.